Chapter 17: Eric’s story

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“Ever since I was a kid, my so called father was drinks every single day. The moment he comes home, he would yell at my mother to do things for him. After finish using my mother, he would bash her up for fun. I would try to stop him, but I never did succeed. He was a full grown man and I was that powerless little boy.”

“I ask my mother why she bothered to stay with him. She with tears in her eyes, she said ‘darling, daddy has his difficulties. His company was announced bankrupt and his investment went the drain, which is why he is like that. Don’t think badly about him, alright?’ I wanted to be a man who can protect my mother.”

I was absorbed in Eric’s story. The sun has now risen, and Eric’s face reflected grief.

“Day by day, she got beaten. Night by night, she grew weaker. Then one day, she died. The doctor said that her internal organs were damaged due to the abuse. But, that man was not jailed for it. He got in car accident as he was drunk driving. He did not get his punishment by law. He did not even deserve to die, and should be tortured like what he did to mother.” Eric ended with an angry tone, as if to show his anger.

“After they both died, I was on the streets, begging for food. Mr Hudges was kind and took me in, treating me like his birth son. He taught me everything I have always wanted to learn. I was groom well and helped Mr Hudges in his business. Mr Hudges was such a prefect man till you destroyed him a year ago. I swore to take revenge on you.”

Eric’s eyes now filled with fire, ready to take on his revenge mission. I could only sympathize him, knowing that his childhood was just like mine. He only met the wrong benefactor.

“Eric, listen, my childhood was not pleasant at all too. But Mr. Hudges was the one who cause it. I understand that you love him because he was your life savior and teacher. Trust me; he is not the person you think he is. You would never know how he treated those innocent people in order to accomplish his goals.”

“Trust you, Paige? On the account that I am the one who can let you go. You try to feel sorry for me. Paige, stop acting. You could never comprehend what is true horror. So, let me show you.” Eric grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me up. He forcefully dragged me out of the room, outside of the house.

“Where are you taking me, Eric?” I said in a hopeless voice, fighting against him will not do any good to me. Eric did not answer me, his facial expression unrecognizable. He carried me into his vehicle, and buckled me up. He took the driver’s seat and started the engine. Half an hour later, we arrived at the harbor. Eric used the same forceful manner to bring me to a yacht.

“Eric, you are not going to throw me to the sea, aren’t you? I can swim.”

“Nope, of course it is not you; it wouldn’t be fun this way. But, look at that poor little lamb”

Eric pushed me up the board, dragging me up the steps. I then took my first step into the yacht.

Splash!

“Unni! Unni! Help me!” she screamed. She was tied, lowered halfway into the sea.

“Quinine!” It was Quinine, a split image of me.