Chapter 6: The second meeting

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

I grasped, when things became clear. It couldn’t be. Why would something like…be the future?

Fight scene, blood spilled, but I was unharmed. I was the one, who once again caused it. It was logical to see the whole situation now. It made sense. I was not hurt because I was not the one being threatened. SHINee was, the boys, my family.

Paige, where’s the tooth paste stored? The one in the bathroom has been used up.” Jonghyun shouted across the room from the toilet.

In…In the storage,” my voice was shaky.

Okay,” Jonghyun replied. I took deep breathes. I could never tell this to Jonghyun. He was already too protective of me, his troubles and stress would be too much for him to handle.

“Paige!” Jonghyun suddenly appeared beside me. I jumped, face pale.

“What’s wrong, Paige? Are you sick? You look horrible.” Jonghyun reached for my forehead, checking my body temperature.

“Nothing, Oppa,” I managed to give him a weak smile. “You just scared me.”

“Oh, sorry, Paige. Are you alright?” Jonghyun looked at me carefully.

“Well,” I composed myself into a cheerful mood, hiding the truth is more important.

“Yes?”

“You are going to finish every single I cooked for you, as a punishment for scaring me.” I grinned.

“I don’t know if I am that hungry…” Jonghyun looked thoughtfully, rubbing his flat stomach. “I could only finish a cow.”

I laughed at his jokes and shooed him to the dining table to wait for breakfast. Key and the rest took their seats at the table, chatter noisily while waiting. They were now sitting safely here, not injured, not in danger. There must be something that I could do to change what I saw. Now, I just have to watch over them, take care of them.

Alone in the house, after the boys had went for work, nothing helped in calming me. It was too hard not to see them in sight. I had to go to them. I started to make lunch boxes. I hastily tidy myself and grabbed a jacket to head out. Then within an hour, I was at MBC station.

Hi, I am manager of SHINee, and I would like to see them.” I showed my pass to the security guard. Smoothly, the security guard let me in. But, I had no idea where to start looking for them. The boys only said they had a radio recording. I looked around, looking at the directory at the main lobby.

“Oh, hello.” Someone spoke in English. I turned in surprise, facing a man who seemed so familiar.

“Oh, you are the guy I met at Star Golden Bell, right?” I bowed politely, recognizing his face. Why is he speaking me in English?

“Yes, I am.”He bowed back. “I hadn’t introduced myself. I am Eric.”

“I am Paige.” We shook hands.

“Why are you here? Fan girl?” He joked.

“Ah, nah, I am SHINee’s manager.” I pointed to the pass hanging on my neck.

“Oh, missed that one.” Eric laughed.

“Actually, I am lost. Are you familiar with this building?” I asked.

“Yes, backstage crew,” He pointed to his shirt.

“Oh, missed that too.” I used his phrase.

“I think SHINee is at a radio program. I am going there anyway, let me lead you.”

“Thank you.”

“Bringing lunch for your babies?” Eric looked at the bag that held lunch boxes, while he pressed the lift.

“Babies?” I looked at him in confusion.

“Yeah, that’s what my gang called them. They always need a lot of crew to help them get ready, tidy their hair and stuff. Like a baby.”

“I am the nanny, then.”

“True.” He grinned at me. “Anyway, where are you from? Your Korean sounded quite unique.”

“I am from Singapore. Where are you from?”

“United states. I have been to Singapore once. It was a beautiful country.”

“Yup, kind of…” It was never beautiful to me.

“You don’t like it?”

“I just had some bad memories about it.” I shrugged. I did not need to think about them now.

“Oh, sorry about that,”

“No, it is not your fault.”

“Then how did you become SHINee’s manager?”

“Long story,” I smiled at myself, remembering the first time I ever met my family.

“Well, I guess we have a little time,” Eric said as he pushed the button to the 45th storey.

“I just left Singapore and came. I was robbed and was penniless. So, I just climbed into a car and that’s how it ends.” I frowned, confused that I just said so much to a stranger. It was something I never mention to anyone before too, or no one bothered to ask me when I first came except the boys.

“Wow, sound like an action movie. You are brave, girl, leaving everything behind.”

“Not really, it is just something I wanted to do. Live my own life.” I shrugged.

“Well, here we are.” He suddenly stopped in front of a room, a tag that said MBC station Shim Shim Tapa.

“Thank you so much, Eric.” I bowed lightly to him.

“No problem, Paige.” He nodded, “Guess will see you round then.”

“Goodbye,” I bowed once more. He waved goodbye and was off, walking coolly. He was really like someone similar, like I already knew him. Talk to him is just like talking to my best friend, not that I had one.

I shook my head, shaking off the feeling. Then, I knocked lightly on the door twice and let myself in. Through the thick glass, I could see the 5 of them. They were concentrated in the talk show, conversing in every conversation the DJs were talking about.

“Paige!” Jonghyun got a shock as he walked out after the show, 2 hours later.

Oh! Paige!” Key was surprised too. Taemin, Onew and Minho behind, they were all taken by surprise.

I just bought lunch for you guys.” I lifted the bag that held lunch boxes.

Oh, lunch!!” Taemin looked starved. They thanked the PD and the crew and left the room.

Thank you for the lunch, Paige.” Minho held up the empty lunch boxes, all cleared.

No problem.” I smiled back, glad that the boys had something to eat.

“Are you alright, Paige?” Jonghyun eyed me significantly, like expecting bad news.

“Yes, why? Do I look funny?” I asked innocently.

“No, maybe I am too sensitive. And, you look beautiful, as always.” Jonghyun grinned.

“Okay then, I will find noona for my make up lesson. See you guys at home.” I stand up and packed the lunch boxes into neat pile.

“You need a ride?” Jonghyun asked, as always, protective.

“No, Oppa. You have a schedule.” I frowned at him. “Besides, it is very near. I can take a bus.”

“Alright, Paige. Take care, please.” Jonghyun pleaded.

“Like I will get lost for just an hour’s journey,” I teased, but did not smooth him. “Alright, alright, I will. Don’t worry.”

“That’s more like it.” Jonghyun smiled my favorite puppy smile.

“Oppa, FIGHTING!” I shouted, as I headed off towards the bus stop. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey hey!

Thanks for all the encouragement, will continue to work hard and write!

FIGHTING!^^