CH:51

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally time for Arthit’s discharge. His mother had told him that the chauffeur would be the one to pick him up.

“You sure you don’t want me to send you back?”

“It’s okay, Ice… I’m not the one driving… Plus… Your patients need you…”

“But you are my patient too… And you no longer need me… Because you are officially discharged… I think the length of your hair now just showed how long you’ve stayed here… But still… Shall I just extend your stay here? To make sure your hair is fully grown? On the pretence of extended treatment? Shall I?”

Arthit simply shook his head which made her pout. He then put his hand on her waist, pulling her in for a kiss on her temple before he uttered, “Ice, you’ve been by my side throughout my hospital stay… You’ve been literally sleeping in the hospital just so you could keep me companied, you need some rest too… And I want that for you too, love…”

The sudden affection was still unfamiliar to Wanfahmai because she was cringing at the fact that he just called her love.

“Oh… P’Arthit… No… Don’t call me that…”

“Why not?! You are my love…”

“Oh no no… Please no… You are officially discharge Mr. Arthit… While I need to get back to my work… Just call me when you get back…” said Wanfahmai as she escaped from the room, with Arthit smiling at her antics.

When Arthit finally reached home, he noticed his household was more guarded than usual and he could hear commotion coming from his father’s study. He opened the door to see his mother and father arguing.

“What’s going on? Mom? Dad?”

“I’m sending your mother away from some time… But she refuses to listen!”

“Hubby! How can I leave you here alone? When you are facing some trouble?”

“I can handle it… You just need to listen to what I say…”

“Hubby! I’m not going to leave my son here too… He just recovered…”

“You don’t have to worry about that… I’ll hire a good nurse to take care of him… Other than that, the housemaid can do the rest…”

“Why won’t you listen to me?! I told you already… Not to be too friendly with Haton’s wife… Now he’s causing us all this trouble…”

“Hubby! Are you blaming me, now? He’s your business partner… I was just trying to be a good wife to you…”

“If you really want to be a good wife… Then listen to me! Go and stay at our vacation home in Switzerland!”

Just as Madam Jintara about to answer her husband, Arthit intervened, “Mae~ I think you should just listen to dad… Stay there… And don’t worry about us here… We can handle it here… I can also take care of myself… I am doing much better now…”

Upon the constant urging from her husband and now her own son, she reluctantly left for the airport to board the plane that Mr. Suriyon had asked his secretary to book for her. When it was finally just father and son alone, Arthit approached his father to ask about his decision.

“Dad… Care to tell me what is going on, while I was away?”

“Haton… He has caused problems for our business… Because of him, I was sued… I shouldn’t have helped him…”

“What did he do?” probed Arthit further as though he did not already know.

“He did not run his business properly… Now a major investor is threatening to pull out their investments from our main business… If he pulls out, I’m afraid the other shareholders might do the same…”

“And who is that?”

“Tharathep Thanachart…”

“Would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter