CH:04

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The thought of that receptionist and the principal irked her thus she was determined to be early. She then waited for the only bus that would stop at the bus stop nearest to her school. She plugged her ears and listen to the music while catching on some sleep as the bus began its journey. She managed to wake up few stops before the bus stop that she was supposed to alight at and checked her watch. She was relief to know that she was not late. She was in fact real early and there were no students in sight though the gates to the school were already opened.

When she entered the school, she noticed the cleaners of the school had already begun their morning duties. She greeted all of them at once with a smile on her face and her greetings were returned just as bright as hers. She then wandered round the school to find a good place to read before class started, and there it was a bench that was placed near lush greeneries, a sheltered place like a gazebo.  She took a seat and got herself comfortable.

She took out her schedule and checked it again to ensure that she knew exactly which classroom she was supposed to go and the time for her first lesson to start before continuing reading her book. When she noticed that people have started to enter the school, she began walking towards her class with the book still in her hand. She took a seat at the same place she was seated at yesterday when she first entered the school. She was minding her own business when she was approached by three boys who were not from her class, as one of them who Wanfahmai assumed to be the ‘leader’ doing much of the talking.

“So… You are the new student uh?”

But Wanfahmai remained silent as she continued reading, ignoring their advances.

“Oh, come on… Are you going to be such a snob? Pretending not to hear us when you could?”

“If you knew I was pretending then why do you even bother?” retort Wanfahmai with her eyes still on her book.

“Gosh~ which rich family are you from for you to be this rude to us?”

But before Wanfahmai could shot back at them further,

“Matt? What are you guys doing in here? You’re not supposed to be here… You should get back to your class since it’s almost time…” said Arthit with a stern voice.

“Oooo… The head of the student council is here… Or should we say the school’s pet? “As one of the boys mocked Arthit.

“He is indeed the school’s pet, isn’t he? Doing every little bidding the teachers in school asked him to…” commented the other.

“Gosh~ I would rather be a pet than a stray because strays don’t really have a choice when it’s time for them to be put down. Pitiful.” as Wanfahmai chimed in before putting down her book and began walking past them to go out to the ladies.

“Hey new girl… Stop there… Are you mocking us? Calling us strays?” asked Matt who felt challenged and causing others in the classroom to notice.

Wanfahmai continued to walk but was physically stopped by him when he held on to her shoulder.

“You! Were you mocking us?!”

“Did I?” asked Wanfahmai while slapping his hand away from her, “I can’t remember saying anything of that sort…” before she looked towards Arthit, “Hey~ Did you hear me say anything that could be deemed as mocking, Pres (President)?”

“Nope… You didn’t…”

“However,” now continuing with her focus on the three boys, “I did hear you mock the head of the Student Council who is well loved by the principal and teachers like you said… So, what do you think? Should we bring this up to the teacher or maybe the principal perhaps? It’s your choice. ”

The three boys simply stared at her from top to bottom, giving her a snide look as they walked on out back to their classroom but Wanfahmai was not perturbed, standing her ground. She did not mean to stand up for Arthit, but she did it anyway. She resented bullies and their words were the trigger she needed even though she would rather live a peaceful and quiet life just so she could graduate; particularly after the warning that principal Surasak had issued her. Arthit on the other hand was amused by her antics. He never would have thought that he, the head of the student council, the most respected and celebrated student of his cohort, needed a ‘save’ from bullies because he had to keep his cool at all times for his image and reputation as the head student of the school. Furthermore, such issues did not happen often either. Especially not in the manner that he just witnessed.

When she came back from the ladies, she noticed a note was placed on her table. She took a look around the class and even Arthit was minding his own business, but as soon as she opened it up, she knew to whom that handwriting belongs to.

Usually, students come looking for me to help them with their issues… Even new ones too… But today, you actually helped me. Those boys have some sort of a reputation… Should they give you any problems in the future do inform me… I’ll try my best to help you in any way I can… And you now have become somewhat of a hero in this class. My hero.

This time, Wanfahmai decided to reply his note,

I think I am more than capable to take care of myself against those entitled, childish, arrogant pricks. But yeah if I ever decided to be a damsel in distress, stuck in a tower like Rapunzel, I’ll definitely send an S.O.S Batman-style to you or however a mutant like you prefers to communicate. And if this is your way of saying thank you... Well then, you’re welcome.

She slid the note back to his desk and he took notice of it. He began reading her reply and could not help but to smile. His unexpected happiness was cut short when the teacher walked in as he announced for everyone to stand and greet the teacher. It was finally time for the geography test that Arthit had warned Wanfahmai about the previous day.

They were issued their test papers and Wanfahmai was answering the questions as best as she could. Arthit who noticed her in between the test, was pleasantly surprised looking at her concentrating in answering the questions. The next time Arthit noticed her, Wanfahmai had already finished her paper and had rested her head with her arms tucked underneath her cheeks, on the table facing the window not knowing if she was asleep or not, while he still had a few more questions left to finish. When time was up and the teacher had call for the submission of the test papers, that Arthit final

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter