CH:29

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The court hearing would be held in a close session between the defendant and the plaintiff. However, the judge immediately dismisses the case once they brought it to the table. The judge dismissed the long-standing discord between the landlord and Wanfahmai and even mocked the ridiculous amount that the landlord was seeking for compensation. Ms Daniya defended Wanfahmai thoroughly, informing the judge what she had to go through at a very young age and the reason why her payment for rent were late. The judge then ordered the landlord to allow Wanfahmai to retrieve her belongings under supervision later on that day. On the other hand, Wanfahmai was let off with a stern warning.

“You young lady… You better clean your act up if you are indeed going to make it in the future… The records in my file here are not in your favour… But I am a believer in giving a chance to the youth if he or she wants to turn over a new leaf. Your results are an achievement in itself and the testimonial from your teacher definitely helped in my decision for you that you need to attend school as soon as an opportunity opens which your attorney, Ms Daniya will see to that. But should you make another mistake, grave enough for you to see me here again, I will not hesitate by then… Because you definitely need to have a taste of some jail time for you to realise that freedom should not be taken for granted. Did I make myself clear?”

“Yes…”

 It was decided that no payment was needed for the damages. However, the fact that she did trespass had to go on her record due to her past delinquencies.

“Thank you, Ms Daniya…”

“You definitely owe me a lot… My pay rates are very high… So now we need to make a deal between you and I…”

“What deal?”

“From now onwards you are to call me P’Tia… No more calling me Ms Tia… You are to stay at my place so you need to stop calling me Ms Tia… And whatever I’ve planned for you, you need to do it until the day you graduate from high school…”

“What?! I am not that obedient even if I have decided to turn over a new leaf… Let’s compromise…”

“Ok fine let’s just start with the first thing I have in mind…”

“What is it?”

“I’ll choose the school that you’ll go to…”

“What?!”

“If you can’t agree to that… I can just go back in to speak to the judge…”

“No no no… Fine fine… I will do that…”

“But…”

“But what?”

“But you need to take a series of test to get into the school…  And I want to write an appeal for a scholarship on behalf of you… So, I need a more recent test result… Will it be okay?”

“Sure…”

“Really?! Great… So, when you are ready just inform me… I’ll get my brother to arrange those tests for you…”

“I’m ready anytime… Even now…”

“Are you for real?”

“Yes…”

“You sure you don’t need to revise or anything? Or asked my brother what are the topics that would be covered?”

“Maybe just the topics that’s all…”

“You are being very serious right? You’re not kidding me?”

“Yes, I am… Arrange it quick before I change my mind again…”

“Ok ok…. Consider it settled…”

“Thank you, Ms Daniya…”

“What did I say about addressing me as Ms Tia?”

“Sorry P’Tia…”

Ms Daniya was so elated upon hearing that, “Now that’s more like it… So shall we grab some food before we go and collect your things?”

“Wait… P’Tia.”

“What is it, Ice?”

“Ice? How do you know the nickname that my mother gave me was Ice?”

“What?! Are you for real? Woah~~ I’m good…”

“How you do know P’Tia??”

“It was just a random guess and Ice fits you best since I don’t wish to be calling you by your first name now that we are closer… By the way why did your mum named you Ice? Is it because of your character?” as Ms Daniya teased.

“No P’Tia, how can she already tell my character when I was just a baby?!”

“Then?”

“It’s just that when she was pregnant with me, she was craving for ice most of the time and plus when I was kicking, I would stop after she ate some ice…”

“So, you are indeed the Ice princess…”

“Oh, come on P’Tia… Enough of that already,” as Wanfahmai whined.

“Okay okay… I’ll stop… So… What was it that you wanted to say?”

“Hmmm… This is a request… I know I am still not in my last year of high school… But…”

“But what?”

“I think I can only stand going to school for just a year…”

“Huh?! You intend to skip a grade? Why?”

“I told you before I don’t like going to school… So please?? P’Tia??”

“Are you sure you can cope?! You have not even been attending school for your regular classes…”

“Try me… But for now, let’s go and grab some food, I’m hungry…”

“Sure…” was all Ms Daniya could utter still unsure about her request, as she continued, “What would you like to have?”

“I’m fine with anything…”

“Alright then… Buffet it is…”

“Buffet?!”

“Yup… The only place that has anything…”

Ms Daniya drove to a nearby place where they served lunch buffet and told Wanfahmai to have her fill before they drove back to Wanfahmai’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter