CH:30

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ms Mint and Ms Daniya was already tearing up in between her story, but Ms Daniya being the person that she is, wiped away her tears before she exclaimed, “So you lied to me, Ice?!!!” as she began to sob again, surprising even Ms Mint.

“I didn’t mean to lie… P’Tia… I just wanted to start on a clean slate… And I don’t wish people to take pity on me… I wanted to try to live after trying to rescue the elderly man. And that’s why I kept it all to myself… And I also didn’t want any of you to get angry at Aran because he wasn’t to blame for my choices, really…”

To which the door to her ward finally opened as Aran who had been standing there listening in to her from the outside through a small gap, entered. Ms Daniya was angry but when she remembered her promise to Wanfahmai, she calmed herself down. Ms Mint who took noticed of her friend’s expression, prompted, “Let’s give these kids some time to talk among themselves… Shall we?”

Ms Daniya reluctantly follows Ms Mint lead, but Mr Danurut agreed as the adults stepped out of the room and headed towards the waiting area. Meanwhile in the room, Arthit who could no longer hold his anger in, punched Aran in the face, causing Wanfahmai to call out his name.

“Aran! Are you okay?” as she walked slowly towards Aran who had fell on the floor before she turned to Arthit, “Are you out of your mind, P’Arthit?! Didn’t you promise me earlier, that you will not get angry?”

“How can I not be angry?! After what he put you through?!” huffed Arthit as he left the room hurriedly.

Aran stood up before Wanfahmai as he calmly spoke, “I deserved that punch, Wanfahmai… He’s not at fault…”

“What are you saying, Aran? It was my decision too… I’m sorry Aran…”

“Don’t be sorry… I’m the one who should be sorry… For all that I’ve put you through… Yet I dare to fall in love with you…”

“Aran…” but before Wanfahmai could say anything further, Aran continued, “But I know your heart lies with someone else… He’s a good person… He’s been accompanying you while you lay in bed unconscious. I’m sure if he was able to open your heart, he must be someone special… You take care, alright? You have a bright future ahead of you… I am glad that you are fine… I am so glad… Don’t get too mad at him… He meant well…” said Aran before taking his leave.

When he finally stepped out of the ward, he saw Arthit standing at end of the hallway. He walked towards Arthit and began to talk to him,

“Now you know for sure that you don’t have to worry about me, right?”

Arthit was breathing heavily due to his anger as Aran continued, “I would like to thank you…”

“Thank you for?”

“Thank you for being there for Wanfahmai…” stated Aran calmly.

“You don’t have to thank me for that…”

“Even if you say so, I still want to thank you… Because she has always kept to herself, she was always alone without friends. For her to reveal herself to you like she did earlier, it means a lot… So, I hope that you do realise just how different she treats you as compared to others, like me for example… I saw how you affected her…”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You might think that she fought in the last match just because of her debt with the gang boss… Or even because of me and my mother… But the truth is far from it…”

“Huh?”

“While it’s true that she was paying her debt to the boss, she did it mainly because of you…”

“Why do you say that?”

“The boss had photos of you and her hanging out together. He had told her that if she doesn’t fight, he will cause your life to be a living hell. In the past she did it for money… But this time… It wasn’t for money… But for your life. She wasn’t afraid to die, from what I know of her… But she was afraid to lose this time because she knew, if she lost this matc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter