CH:12

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later, before Mr Danurut dismissed the class, he requested for the students to submit the assignment he had mentioned earlier. Everyone submitted theirs and left the classroom but Wanfahmai stayed behind.

“Wanfahmai, do you want me to wait for you?” asked Arthit.

“Oh pres, you can go ahead first… I have something on…”

“Alright then… I got to go for my rugby practise as well, need to help train the new recruits...”

“Oh okay… Have a good one then, Pres…”

Wanfahmai then walked towards Mr Danurut, “Kroo…”

“What is it Wanfahmai?”

“I didn’t manage to complete the assignment you asked of me…”

“What? Why?”

“It was difficult to do… You are asking too much of me…”

“It’s a chance for you to know yourself Wanfahmai…”

“But kroo… You know about my story… I am still figuring things out…”

“Okay… Fine... Just don’t tell anybody that I am giving you an extension for this assignment. Submit it to me when you are finally ready… You're in luck that I am your homeroom teacher...”

“Yes yes... I am really grateful... Thank you kroo…”

“Don’t mention it… But now we need to get ready to head out…”

“Meet me at the bus stop outside while I retrieve my car…”

“Okay kroo…”

She walked out towards the school bus stop on her own with music plugged in her ear, when she finally reached the bus stop, she waited for Mr Danurut’s car. When he finally arrived, she hopped into the front seat of the car and Mr Danurut drove off. While they were making their way there,

“So, how are you feeling about this?”

“I’m kind of nervous… It’s been quite some time since I last participated in a competition…”

“You still have time to be ready… The final will be in about three or four months’ time… Your first qualifying match will be in a month time. That’s enough time to practice…”

“Kroo! Easy for you to say! Have you ever participated in such a competition before?! Do you know what I will have to do to reach the finals?!”

“Fine I’ll shut my mouth… But let’s do your best since we have your scholarship on the line… Let’s win and overcome it one by one, okay? As for your schedule for the matches don’t worry about it, your coach will take care of it.”

“Understand kroo… I will… I’m excited to find out who my coach is though… Is the coach any good?”

“You’ll have to see to find out, Ice… And oh, by the way, I heard that the matches are all held outside of school hours and weekends, isn’t it?”

“Yeah… But those weekends are the days that I’ll usually be working full days to earn my keep…”

“Don’t worry about that uh, Wanfahmai… I can give you the same amount as your wage…”

“What are you even talking about Kroo?! How can I even accept that money without working?”

“Then how do you want to go about it? That’s the best idea I can come up with…”

“Hmmm… How about this… Let me clean your house or something… Or maybe gardening? Or even cooking? Or wash your car or something… I can do that… Then you pay me…”

“But you’ve got competition to focus on… Why should I add more task for you?!”

“Auw~! I mean after the competition, kroo… I mean I will only need to be taking up your offer only if I reach the finals… If I’m out during the qualifying rounds, I don’t really need to make up that much of a time…”

“Okay deal… We’ll work something out. But ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter