CH:50

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prof. Sahat gave Wanfahmai the full reign for Arthit’s surgery as he would be engaged with the upcoming lawsuit and overseeing the other residents and junior fellows. Wanfahmai went to visit him at the ward where Madam Jintara was accompanying her son.

“As a mother… Please help my son, Dr. Wanfahmai… I’m leaving my son’s life in your hands…”

“Do not worry, khun pa… I’ll do my very best…”

Wanfahmai then made a mark on the part of his head where the incision will be made with her initial. She then held onto Arthit’s hand before she spoke, “You are going to be alright… P’Arthit… I’ll make sure of that…”

“I know… I believe in you…” as he smiled before he was rolled in to prep him up as they would need to shave his hair prior to the surgery.

In addition, just as Wanfahmai had expected, neither his father nor anyone from Yatida’s family were present knowing that her father was now breathing down on their necks with the latest update that she got from the team. She had made a call to Ms Daniya earlier before she went to see Arthit, even though Ms Daniya was out of the country at that point of time for an international law conference, to explain to her what had been going on. Ms Daniya was upset and had gotten angry that she had kept her in the dark but immediately softened her stance when Wanfahmai told her that it was something she needed to do as a responsible doctor, despite the dangers that she might face. Ms Daniya wanted to lend a helping hand but Wanfahmai assured her that things are being taken care of. She was surprised when Wanfahmai revealed to her the relationship that she shared with Mr. Tharathep but was happy for her. She further stated to Ms Daniya that her father is now leading the charge on the ground while she’s in the hospital trying to help Arthit with his condition. Ms Daniya sent Wanfahmai multiple virtual hugs and support for what she was going through. She further assured Wanfahmai that she would always be there for her and that she is and always will be her precious little sister. It was a chat that Wanfahmai needed before she went into surgery.

Arthit was locally sedated because he needed to be awake throughout the whole operation. The nurses in the operating room were prepping him up for the surgery.

“It’s going to be a little uncomfortable, P’Arthit… But it is important that you are in a stable position because it would be a long process…” explained Wanfahmai as she looked on at the prep. The anaesthetist made a last check before Wanfahmai began the procedure.

“You shouldn’t be feeling any pain, from now onwards… If you are experiencing any pain, please informed us… We will stop and make sure that you are safe…”

“Okay…” as Arthit replied.

Wanfahmai was working on excising the tumour bit by bit while trying to avoid hitting the pathways in his brain that would affect Arthit’s movement, speech and also hearing. When she thinks that majority of the tumour has been removed, she then announced that she would start stimulating parts of his brain. She would intermittently probe certain parts of his brain, while another doctor was there to check on Arthit’s response. The doctor would ask questions in regards to what he was seeing, what he was hearing and also his motor skills where he was asked to squeeze the doctor’s hand or to wriggle his toes. Wanfahmai had sent a sample of the tumour for further investigation earlier and a reply from the pathologist finally came via a phone call. The nurse held the phone to her and she was glad to know that Arthit’s tumour was a grade one and not likely to spread. It was the best prognosis that both her and Arthit could hope for. It took a little more than seven hours for everything to be done, she closed him up before stepping out of the room, leaving her assistant to take care of the rest.

She made her way to the waiting area where his mother was waiting.

“How’s my son?”

“The operation is successful, khun pa… We can expect full recovery from him…”

“Thank you… Thank you…”

“P’Arthit will be staying in the ICU until his condition is stable… Other than that, there shouldn’t be any problem… So, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter