CH:22

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the final national paper finally came around. Wanfahmai had put on a cheerful front, despite knowing that she will have to be prepared for the upcoming fight. She got to the classroom and was seated at her desk when Arthit greeted her,

“Morning, Wannfahmai… Are you ready for the final paper?”

“Yeah… I am…” as she replied with a smile on her face.

“Good luck, Wanfahmai…”

“All the best to you too, pres…”

The time for their last paper was finally up and after they were dismissed, Wanfahmai quickly pack her belongings and was about to leave when Arthit stopped her.

“Wanfahmai, wait…”

“What is it, pres? Can we talk as we walk?”

“Yeah sure…”

“So, what is it?”

“I was wondering… If we could hang out tonight? Since exams are over and all…”

“I can’t…”

“Why? You are working today? Isn’t today your rest day?”

“I’ve changed my shift with a colleague… Since she has a paper scheduled tomorrow… And I want to get some rest before work starts today…”

“So, it’s not possible at all?”

“Hmmm… How about tomorrow… Maybe late afternoon…? I can spare some time for early dinner?”

“OK! Deal! At our usual place?”

“Sure…” replied Arthit before Wanfahmai rushed off.

That night, Arthit who was feeling uneasy about Wanfahmai, dropped by her workplace quietly and observe her from afar when he saw a young man around his age going into the convenience store. Anyone looking on would not notice anything weird but to Arthit, it was a strange scene because he saw how Wanfahmai was engaged in a conversation with him, which Wanfahmai doesn’t do if it was just another customer. He wanted to confront them but decided against it as he remembered the plan, he had with her the next day. He also knew that it would make Wanfahmai uncomfortable if he kept making uninvited appearances. He left the scene not suspecting anything.

Meanwhile, in the store,

“Aran… You shouldn’t be here…”

“I have to Wanfahmai… If anything were to happen at least I am here…”

“Have you been following me?”

“No… But I remember that man’s words… The match is tomorrow… That’s why I’m here today…”

“Yes, and so?”

“I’m telling you, that you’ll still have the chance to run away…”

“I don’t wish to run anymore… I want to settle this…”

“But you could die! Wanfahmai!”

“So what?! So, what if I did? It’s better for me to die than have innocent people involved… Then what about you uh? You will die too! He will come to hunt you down! And not only you, maybe your mother too! I just don’t wish to see anyone else hurt because of me… Do you understand?!”

“But, Wanfahmai…”

“No more buts, Aran… It’s settled… And could you please go? I need some alone time…”

The next day, Arthit was excited for the dinner date. He texted Wanfahmai the time and place, since Wanfahmai refused his invitation to pick her up from her home. They had decided to eat at a place that the two of them frequented. It was near her workplace that was located two streets away. Wanfahmai was also getting ready to go out to meet him, while she had her muay thai kit under her clothes. She also carried along some of her belongings in a backpack, in case she received the phone call from the man. She could already see her workplace and was about to reach the eatery at the appointed time when suddenly the phone rang.

“Hello?”

Stay where you are… And get on the black van that will stop beside you. You better remain quiet and step into the van on your own. Get it?

“Okay…”

The van arrived as stated and she stepped into it on her own without any words said, but as soon as she entered, they taped , slipped a black cloth over her head and tied both her hands and legs up. She did not resist at all since she had expected it to happen.

Meanwhile, Arthit was eagerly waiting for her arrival. But she was nowhere to be seen except the last message that she had sent him stating that she was reaching soon. He was getting restless and decided to give her a call on her phone, but she was unable to answer. She could hear someone in the van ending the call and ultimately switched her phone off. She was feeling bad about not fulfilling her promise to Arthit, but at that point of time she could think of nothing else except that she’s doing this for his safety.

When they finally reached the location, Wanfahmai was led into the place blindfolded. When the blindfold was finally removed, she saw the familiar ring set up in a middle of an empty warehouse. She was then led to an area where the man was waiting, and beside him, seated on the floor was Aran and his mother, guarded by his men.

“What are they doing here?” asked Wanfahmai who did not expect to see the mother and son.

“In case you or him try anything funny… I mean the other time… When he wasn’t here, he called the police on us didn’t he? I am just making sure that you’ll see this match to the end…” stated the man as he continued, “As for you… Just make sure you win… If not… Not only will I cause a living hell for that boy, but I will also end both of their lives in front of you,” as he pointed a gun towards Aran and his mother, “Do you understand me?”

“Yes,” was all she could utter before she was dismissed to get change into her muay thai kit. She was sitting in a makeshift changing room and she could hear that the warehouse was getting louder. Wanfahmai took it as a cue that the reigning gang who took over the area for the past year has finally arrived. She took deep breaths as she calmed herself down. She shut her eyes and tried to clear her mind when one of the men called for her,

“Get ready… It’s going to start soon…” To which Wanfahmai nodded in acknowledgement.

When she finally stepped into the ring, the rival gang was jeering and laughing along with their boss.

“A girl? Really? This is the best that you can do?!” as the boss of the rival gang provoked the leader of the gang that Wanfahmai was representing. But the man simply kept quiet and smile.

“I give you another chance to change your man… Or should I say woman?” with the boss trying to provoke the man further.

“Can we stop all this talk and start the match already?”

“Why the rush?”

“I just can’t wait to get back my territory… That’s all that I want… You took it while I was serving some time in prison…”

“Oh ya~~ You managed to pay off the police, right? That’s why you only stayed in the prison for a few months… But you were sure quick to get back on your feet again… Looking at the followers who are still loyal to you…”

“Few months is still too long for a person like me… So,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter