CH:44

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wanfahmai came up with a plan that she had no idea if it would work because she was desperate and had to do it on the down low without much time to spare. She had made a call to the company and came up with a story on how she’s looking for an investor for something that she has in mind. She insisted on setting up a meeting with a person who would be willing to hear her pitch. She walked towards the front desk with a bunch of documents in hand and told the receptionist that she has an appointment. She was told to proceed to level 7 after the receptionist made a call to the person that she was set up to meet.

She was brought to a small meeting room and a staff came in to greet her and began their conversation.

“So, what have you brought for us?”

“Well… I am looking for an investor for a clinical trial that I have in mind… I needed extra funds to support patients and their families who are undergoing these clinical trial…”

“From the get go, I don’t think your idea is a fit for our company…”

You cold-hearted son of a… Dang it… What should I do…? Think Wanfahmai… Think…

“Then how about doing some charity work? Not for profit but for acknowledgment?”

“Ma’am… You are really wasting our time…”

“You have yet to read my proposal… And you are already brushing me off…”

“I told you… That your proposal does not align with our company…”

“Just who is your boss uh? Why don’t you let me talk to him? Maybe he might think differently from you!”

She was making quite a scene on purpose to gain attention, and luck was on her side. The man that she had planned to meet knocked on the door and began questioning,

“What’s going on here?”

“Oh… Sir…” as the staff immediately stood up to greet Mr Tharathep, “I was just saying that our vision does not align with her idea… So…”

But before the employee could finish his sentence, Mr Tharathep stopped him, “It’s okay… I’ll take over…”

Mr Tharathep had paid one of the managers of that floor a visit when he noticed the visible commotion happening inside the glassed meeting room.

“Would you like to follow me, Miss?”

“Sure…” to which Wanfahmai readily agreed as she still could not believe her luck, since she was already thinking of camping outside the company’s building in order to get hold of the man.

He brought her to his office and offered her to take a seat. Wanfahmai was then served a glass of water by the man’s secretary after she was asked about her preferred beverage.

“So… Why don’t you tell me in regards to the proposal that you have in mind?”

“Well…”

“It’s not easy to get an appointment with me… And you are wasting every precious minute of mine if you do not start with your presentation now…”

“Actually, Mr Tharathep… I’m here to ask if your company would like to work with the hospital that I’m working at…”

“Sorry?”

“I was informing your staff earlier… If your company would like to be acknowledged for good deeds rather than just profits…”

“Now I can see why my staff rejected the idea… I was about to cut him off if it was a feasible proposal…”

Wanfahmai was angry with herself, because she has been working in a hospital setting for a long time and was dealing with people who generally shares the same ethos, that she total

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter