CH:39

Blue Lotus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday finally came round and she was getting ready to meet Arthit. As she was going through her closet, she thought to herself,

Why does it have to be formal? Just why~~~

Before settling for a plain emerald coloured off-shoulder with long sleeves bandage dress, that stops just two-inches above her knee and she paired it up with a pair of blush-coloured strappy heels. She then applied her make up before changing into the clothes that she had selected. After she had done so, she put on some simple accessories and was reaching for her clutch purse and her mobile phone, when the doorbell rang. She gave a quick look at the door viewer before opening the door,

“P’Arthit… Why didn’t you call me to say that you’re here?” asked Wanfahmai as she put on her strappy heels.

Arthit was dazzled by how she looked that took her to call him one more time before he responded.

“P’Arthit?!”

“I mean you told me I could pick you up…”

“Ya… For me… I meant for you to pick me up at the lobby or something…”

“Well… Let’s just say I’m doing it the proper way by definition…”

“Fine… Fine… Whatever…” as she locked her door before Arthit offered her his hand, causing her to look at him weirdly, “What’s with this P’Arthit?”

“I’m just being a gentleman…”

“No thank you… I can walk well on my own…” as she rejected his offer and they walked together side by side towards the apartment’s elevator. Arthit was mesmerized by her beauty yet again as he had a smile on his face just by looking at her. He quickly opened the passenger door for her before she can even try to do so on her own.

As they were about to drive off,

“P’Arthit… You don’t have to be like this… Just be your normal self… I can manage on my own…”

“It’s not always that I get to do this… So… Why won’t you just allow me to do so…”

“You always want to have the last say huh?”

“Well… I’ve learnt from no one else but the best…” retort Arthit which made Wanfahmai rolled her eyes.

“Anyways, P’Arthit… Where are we going? Which high-end restaurant is it this time? It’s my treat today…”

“Well…”

“Well, what….?”

“It’s not exactly a restaurant this time…”

“Then?”

“It’s an event… And I was allowed to bring a plus one…”

“WHAT?! AN EVENT?!”

“Don’t get angry…”

“HOW CAN I NOT?!”

“I’m sorry… But I really wanted to meet up with you… And I have this event to attend…”

“AND?! You decide to lump it all together?!”

“No…”

“Then?!”

“I know you’ve been busy with work and so have I… And I just can’t let any opportunity that you are able to meet me slip away… I’m sorry if you think I’m being selfish right now…”

“I’m glad you realise that…”

“But to be fair… If I were to tell you that there’s an event and that I would like you to be my plus one, would you have accepted my invitation?”

“You know the answer will be a no for that…”

“See? So yet again… I am sorry…”

“We are already on our way there… It’s not like you will stop this car either… So, stop saying sorry P’Arthit…”

“But…”

“No more buts… I don’t want you to leave a bad impression on your business partners if we’re late for the event…”

They finally reached the location where the event was held. It was a hotel with grand ballroom and the first remark that came from Wanfahmai’s lips were, “I supposed this building belonged to your family’s?”

To which Arthit nodded in reply. Looking at Arthit’s face and recalling the intense altercation they had back in the car, Wanfahmai decided to crack a joke to ease the tension between them, “P’Arthit… Could you like send me a list of all the buildings your family owns… Hmmm preferably in a PDF format please?”

Arthit was finally smiling upon hearing her words before she commented, “That’s more like it… P’Arthit… I told you… You don’t have to be sorry…” assuring Arthit further with him promptly replying to her words with an offer of his hand to go up the carpeted stairs, which she gladly accepted. 

When they entered the ballroom, it was then that she realised it was the 50th anniversary of Anada Holdings, since it was a generational business. She could not believe her eyes just by looking at the scale of the event.

“Are you nervous, Ice?”

“Urmmm… I’d be lying if I say I wasn’t, P’Arthit…”

“Don’t worry… I’m here… If it will make you feel any better… I’m just as nervous too…”

“Okay~ I don’t know if that fact actually helps… To now know of two nervous people in a sea of even more people…”

“We’ll be just fine, Ice…” replied Arthit as he led her to a table that has his name designated on it.

“Do we have to sit with the VIPs?” commented Wanfahmai as she noticed that the huge round table was not only front row but it was smack in the centre.

“What do you think, Ice? It’s my family’s business event…”

“Then why did you drag me here, P’Arthit?”

“I needed your support that’s why…”

They were chatting when their conversation was suddenly interrupted.

“Ice~ Arthit~”

As they both turned towards the source of the voice,

“Kroo?!”

“I’m no longer teaching… If you have forgotten, let me remind you that I’ve already taken over my dad’s business, that’s why I’m here in his stead… But my wife is still teaching though…” said Mr Danurut with his wife in his arm.

“You finally succumbed to your fate uh?” as Wanfahmai before she asked, “Will P’Tia be here today?”

“No… She will not attend such an event…”

“Neither do I~~” as Wanfahmai whined.

“Arthit brought you here? And you actually agreed?!”

“I didn’t even have the chance to say no, kroo… He didn’t tell me where I was going…”

“Serves you right!” as Mr. Danurut exclaimed in a joking manner, “Remember how you did the exact same thing to Arthit in the past?”

“Karma is definitely biting me in the like right about now, kroo…”

Mr Danurut and Ms Mira laughed at Wanfahmai’s comment before they excused themselves to go to their seats which were located a table just behind the VIP’s. More people were starting to come in as the appointed time of the event drew closer. When the clock strike exactly at 7PM, suddenly the lights in the ballroom were shut and switched to the spotlight to welcome the VIPs, as everyone in the room had to stand up and clap while they make their entry. There were some familiar faces that Wanfahmai recognised. The very people that she no longer wants to see in her life ever again. However, she kept herself composed and carried herself well.

Wanfahmai could feel the people that she dislikes staring at her but she decided to keep her eyes focus to the front where Arthit’s father, Mr. Suriyon was making a speech at the podium on the stage. She tried to keep the strange thoughts out of her head and she could not feel any more awkward than she already did without any external stimulus. The speech was finally done as he heads down to take a seat. Representatives from selected companies also stood on stage to honour Mr. Suriyon and the success he brought to Anada Holdings.

Dinner went well underway as chatters were finally heard among individual tables. Amidst the chatter, Wanfahmai could hear Arthit’s mother mentioning Yatida’s name, while the other adults were engaged in their own conversations. Mr. Suriyon stood up and called for Arthit to accompany him as he got ready to mingle with the other invited people, seated at the other tables.

“Will you be okay, Ice?”

“Yeah… Don’t worry… I’ll be fine... Go ahead… Don’t keep your dad waiting…”

When Arthit was finally away from the table,

“You just can’t stay away from my son,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter