Second Day

Talk To Me (Sequel to Don't Ignore Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Second Day

By 4pm New York time, Myungsoo had already re-arranged his furniture like of his apartment’s back in Korea. Not liking the idea of being homesick and missing Hyeri too much, he wanted his dorm to have the home atmosphere. Or maybe at least feel more comfortable in this foreign area. He came here because of a scholarship and he wanted to do well in school and complete the year fruitfully. In other terms, he wanted to be strong and independent.

Back in Korea, they had a spacious room together – not too big and not too small. Their king-sized bed was at a corner of the room (yes king-sized because apparently Myungsoo secretly had a gifted nocturnal dancing talent in him) and beside it was a small pink floral printed couch. Hyeri had chosen it when they went furniture shopping – she had been attracted to the pretty repeated floral prints. Although Myungsoo didn’t like it at all, he had to give in to his somewhat evil girlfriend for hypnotizing him, out of love and because she was too cute and not to mention evil and frightening to reject.

Beside the door was his poor closet that was abused with hangers of plaid shirts and his crazy obsession with fedora hats. Hyeri’s closet was beside his – they didn’t share one because both simply had an outrageous number of clothes. Thus, Myungsoo could only bring not even a quarter of his closet with him and truthfully, he misses his other neglected clothes.

Enough of his clothes, back to reality.

Myungsoo glanced carefully around his dorm and his lips secretly curled into a small showing the satisfaction that he felt knowing that his hard work had not gone to waste. He had placed his single-sized bed in a corner with a prayer that he would not fall on his in his semi-conscious state and he also despised the idea of the interruption of his well-deserved beauty sleep…… Anyways, he had also placed many photo frames of the couple by his night stand and practically all around his dorm. Myungsoo had also stacked his books and study materials neatly in the 2 shelves that were generously provided by the school. He was also quite hyped up about the fact that school would be starting tomorrow for him. Besides that, he had also hung a huge calendar on the pastel blue wall – he always like to know the dates and days.

P.S he was also counting down.

A year could supposedly pass by quickly but not when you miss someone. He knew that he would miss Hyeri a lot and vice versa. It would be strange if they didn’t. Knowing Hyeri, he knew she would be depressed back in Korea. He was a little too, but he didn’t like showing it and hid it well.

What could he supposedly do to cheer her up? Coming back earlier? Webcam with her every single day? Talk to her whenever he’s free? He didn’t know but he would really love to lessen Hyeri’s sadness and misery. He sat down on his comfortable bed and grabbed his guitar that was standing by his bed. He sighed, staring blankly at it while waves of nostalgia hit him. He would always play his guitar on the bed or on the couch; he would always strum his guitar regardless of any emotion. When he was sad, he would play a depressing song. When he was happy, he would play a cheerful song. When Hyeri was there with him, he would compose a little song for her.

He stubbornly insisted on bringing his guitar with him despite the many heavy bags he had to bring along with him. He strummed it and it sounded out of tune – awful. Strumming the 6 strings again, he tuned it and with a smile, he quietly hummed with it. He wondered what Hyeri was doing at that exact moment. He casted a direction towards his watch: 4:48pm. It was around 6:48am back there in Seoul.

“She should still be getting her sleep,” He muttered under his breath. “I wonder how she’s feeling.”

He got up from his bed and grabbed his notebook – it was filled with lyrics, notes, chords and his self-composed songs. The notebook had been stuck with him for many years so it was considered as his 2nd treasure – Hyeri would be the 1st, without any uncertainty.

“Don’t be sad, Hyeri!” He thought with his lips curled into a smile as an idea struck his mind. He could compose a little song for her to lift up her feelings! 

✧✧✧

 

Walking down the familiar ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter