Discreet

Talk To Me (Sequel to Don't Ignore Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Discreet

Secluding the chaotic life, Hyeri set herself with solitude. She glanced around her surroundings. On the white table laid her favorite cheesecakes, heavenly-smelling croissants and a cup of warm strawberry tea. This was what Hyeri could call as relaxation or a holiday from all the troubles and worries. What more would be better than settling oneself in a tiny little store with her loves surrounding her? She has always has a sweet tooth unlike Myungsoo who despised sweetness.

She took a sip of the strawberry tea and read a fashion magazine that she had picked up from the bookstore. Everything around her was picturesque—it wasn’t because she was in a good mood but the truth was that: life could be so beautiful at times. A faint smile played on her lips as the warm liquid touched her lips. A fluttery feeling flowed down .

Today, she had decided not to think about Myungsoo or Yeon Hee for a moment but instead to treasure the things available around her. It had been a long time since she had last done something simple like this—not caring about school work, money issues and Myungsoo. Blocking out all the stress and troubles, she focused on enjoying life with independence.

She breathed in the scent of the freshly baked croissants and smiled widely to herself. How long has it been? She realized that she hadn’t been smiling much these days or had it already accumulated to weeks or months? Maybe she hadn’t felt genuinely felt happy after Myungsoo left.

“Stop it”, she told herself in her mind. “He isn’t present here. Just stop thinking about him, will you? He’s not here. Only you are here, you deserve to be happy.” She chided herself, playing with her food. She didn’t want to lose her appetite just yet.

It took her long enough to realize how lovesick she was.

 

 

There were his favorite snowflakes, a perfect weather for a beautiful day and his beloved possession, his camera. This was what Myungsoo would call as solitude. He had never liked noise or pandemonium—the silence was his adoration. His boots trudged through the pristine white snow and again, he left footsteps for remembrance.

He looked at his surroundings with admiration—really, life could be ethereal. He smiled sheepishly to himself and noticed a small vintage coffee shop down the street. Right where he stood, he brought his camera to his eye level and looked through the viewfinder and observed the cerulean skies and the colossal Sun. He felt the Sun rays tickle his skin and the warmth that it brought felt oddly at peace and salved his ever-racing mind.

He peeked into the café through the window panes and the white colored walls and furniture spelt out minimalistic to him. He immediately thought of Hyeri since she adored the color white, claiming life is good when simple.

His lips curled into a bitter smile and the tranquil image of Hyeri resided in his mind. Oh, Hyeri. Such bittersweet memories suffocated his perplexed thoughts. Oh, the Hyeri with his favorite long wavy hair, pale face and pink lips. Oh, Hyeri the girl who had captivated his heart.

Footsteps quiet and slow, he glanced vividly into the café and read the cursive words on the black board. Colors of pastel pink, blue, mint contrasted with the neon colored headings. A café latte would be lovely with a plate of chicken pie, fresh from the oven.

He was about to contemplate whether to stop his some sort pilgrim—just merely a walk—and to have luncheon at the café or continue walking and taking photographs.

 Then, his world just stopped temporary—whatever sounds of nature he heard before was muted, whatever heat from the Sun cooled down and whatever Myungsoo’s thoughts were vanished into thin air.

 His eyes widened with astonishment.

There she was.

The girl that made him wallow in melancholy and messed-up his feelings.

Sipping tea and reading a magazine.

“Hyeri?” He called out quietly but the name felt a little too foreign on his tongue. His mind decided to stop comprehending the was happening. She’s here? He aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter