Chapter 7

How much is enough?

To: Jessica

Did you see Sooyoung yesterday? What happened?

To: Tiffany

Yes. She came to my place and we watched a movie.

To: Jessica

AND?

To: Tiffany

And that's it.

Tiffany snorted frustrated and dialed Jessica's number.

'Yes?'

'Jessica! Why are you being like this? Tell me, did something happen or not?' Tiffany asked.

'Maybe. I don't give you details.'

'Why?' Tiffany said a bit offended. 'Well, did you at least find out if she likes you or not?'

'No, I didn't ask.'

Tiffany sighed.

'Where are you? Come to the cafe so we can talk.'

'You're in the cafe? No, I don't come, I just woke up.'

'Sica, it's eleven o'clock in the morning! Please...'

'Okay then,' Jessica sighed. '30 minutes.'

The phone call ended. Tiffany put her phone on the table and looked out of the window. Why did Jessica have to be so difficult? And she didn't even make much progress yesterday... This way I get nothing done. I need to do something myself.

Tiffany picked the cell phone up again and dialed Siwon's number.

'Hello?' he answered.

'Siwon! This is Tiffany,' Tiffany said in a honeyed tone.

'Oh... Hi, how are you?' Siwon said. He sounded a bit tense.

'Ah, is Sooyoung around?' Tiffany realised.

'Um, yes. Wait a second.'

Tiffany knew Siwon went to another room and waited.

'So, what do want?' Siwon asked.

'Huh? Why that tone? Are you mad at me?' Tiffany asked in innocent tone.

'No... But you know, you can't call me this much. Sooyoung will get suspicious and start asking.'

'So what? As long as she doesn't know it's me, everything is fine, right? Just lie to her.'

Siwon sighed.

'Well, did you have anything you wanted to talk about?' he asked.

'No. I just wanted to hear your voice.'

'Okay, well now you've heard it,' Siwon said. Tiffany could hear he was smiling. 'But I gotta go now.' 

'Wait!' Tiffany said. 'When can we meet? Can I come to see you?'

'What?' Siwon laughed. 'You mean you'd come here? Sooyoung's home and even if she wasn't we couldn't meet here alone.'

'Why not?' Tiffany asked chagrined.

'Because that's like you were my secret lover.'

Well, I wouldn't mind... Tiffany thought grimly.

'I'm sure we'll meet somewhere,' Siwon said. 'Bye now.'

Siwon put the phone away and shook his head. Tiffany had been calling him a lot recently, and though he surely enjoyed her attention, he didn't want to give the girl too much hope.

Siwon walked to the bedroom, where he found Sooyoung taking something from the wardrobe. He leaned against the wall and started watching her. Yeah, Tiffany was pretty too, but couldn't compare to Sooyoung. That's the reason why he never went too far with Tiffany. He wanted to keep this girl right here.

'Who was it?' Sooyoung asked carefree.

'Um... Donghae,' Siwon replied turning his eyes away from her.

'And what did he want?' Sooyoung asked and took out one of her sweaters from the wardrobe.

'Nothing...' Siwon replied. He watched as Sooyoung put the sweater on and looked herself in a mirror. 'Are you going somewhere?'

'Yes. I go see Jessica,' Sooyoung said.

'Again? Yesterday you spent all evening with her.'

'Yeah, but...' Sooyoung said smiling a little embarrassed. 'I want to go see her again.'

'Alright... Are you still gonna cook for me?'

'Um, no, actually I thought I could eat lunch with Jessica. If she doesn't have anything else...' Sooyoung replied.

'Huh? What about me? I'm your boyfriend! You can't leave me like this.'

Sooyoung turned to look at Siwon's pouting face.

'You'll survive. I'm sorry...' Sooyoung said. 'But if Jessica has something else to do I come back and eat with you, okay?'

'Fine,' Siwon sighed.

 

Sooyoung left the apartment and walked to Jessica's door. She was about to ring the doorbell, when the door suddenly opened.

'Oh, hi,' Sooyoung said to Jessica, who came out. 'Where are you going?'

Jessica was surprised to see Sooyoung, but kept her face expressionless.

'Hi... I go to meet my friend,' Jessica replied. Then she smiled. 'Were you coming to see me?'

'Yeah,' Sooyoung replied smiling, but feeling sad at the same time. 'I... I was going to ask you if you wanted to go somewhere with me, but since you have something else already...'

'No!' Jessica said quickly. 'I go with you.'

'What?' Sooyoung asked surprised. 'What about your friend?'

'It's okay. She just wanted to talk with me about something that I don't really wanna talk about with her, so I'm just gonna go say her that I go with you.'

'But if you already promised...'

'Well, she called me only like half an hour ago and told me there, so she can't really complain,' Jessica explained.

'Are you sure?' Sooyoung asked hesitating.

'Yes,' Jessica said and smiled reassuringly at Sooyoung.

With a timid smile, Sooyoung nodded. They walked downstairs and out of the building. Jessica told Sooyoung to wait outside as she would go talk to her friend in the cafe. She hurried inside the cafe door and spotted Tiffany sitting by a table.

'Tiffany!' Jessica said as she came to the girl's table. 'I can't talk with you, I go out with Sooyoung.'

'Out with her? What's that?' Tiffany said with raised eyebrows. 'Tell me what happened yesterday!'

'I'll tell you later. Now I gotta go,' Jessica said and was about to leave.

'Sica!' Tiffany grapped Jessica's arm and stopped her. Jessica looked at her impatient. Tiffany smirked.

'You're so in love! You even forgot to keep that cold expression of yours,' Tiffany laughed.

Jessica's face turned serious immediately.

'Whatever...' she muttered, but a smile broke to her face as soon as she turned away from Tiffany.

Jessica hurried back outside and Tiffany reached to watch out of the window as Jessica went to Sooyoung.

Tiffany smiled content. She had underestimated Jessica. The girl seemed to have some use after all. And it was also nice to have someone, who concidered you as friend...

Tiffany turned to look back inside. That's when she noticed a girl sitting near her table, in the corner of the cafe. The girl was alone and looked somehow very familiar... Then Tiffany suddenly realised who she was.

Though she looked very different now, with different make up, hairdo and clothes, Tiffany could still recognize the girl. Those eyes, now hidden behind eyeglasses, couldn't belong to anyone else... She had noticed those deer eyes at the very moment she saw the girl for the first time. Im Yoona...

Tiffany stood up and walked to the girl.

'What are you doing here?' Tiffany said and sat down.

Yoona raised her head surprised and her eyes widened as she saw Tiffany.

'Are you spying on Jessica?' Tiffany asked. 'Well, I'm sorry, but this is my spying place. You go find your own.'

Yoona smirked.

'Who are you spying on?' she asked.

'That's none of your business,' Tiffany replied. 'So what are you doing here?'

'Drinking coffee. And reading,' Yoona said and gestured to her coffee and newspaper.

'I know you're following Jessica,' Tiffany stated.

'Yeah, who was that girl she left with? Is it her girlfriend?'

'So you admit you are following Jessica?'

'Is it her girlfriend?'

'Why? Are you interested in her?' Tiffany asked.

'What if I am?' Yoona smirked. She didn't seem too serious.

Tiffany glared at her.

'Stay away from Jessica,' she said. 'Don't interfere to this.'

'To what?'

'And get out of this cafe!'

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Hello, it's an update :D Hope it wasn't too confusing, the perspective changes all the time and everything... Anyways, there will be more Soosica next time, and also something else... :)