Chapter 18

How much is enough?

Tiffany stood in the middle of Yoona's living room. All the lights were off, except a standard lamp next to the couch. Tiffany fiddled the hem of a nightgown she was wearing. Yoona had lent it to her.

I should go shopping tomorrow, Tiffany thought. To buy some new clothes, so I don't have to wear Yoona's.

She let out a tired sigh.

Or I could just go get my clothes from home.

But no, she wouldn't go home. No, no, she didn't want to go. If she went... she would feel the emptiness of the house again. It made her feel so lonely... And she was afraid of that if she went home, Yoona wouldn't take her back in here anymore. What would she do then?

Tiffany watched the dark doorway that led to Yoona's bedroom.

Would Yoona hate her, if she got to know what Tiffany had done? Would Yoona abandon her just like everybody else did?

I won't tell her anything, Tiffany decided. She can't get to know what happened. And I also won't tell why I don't go home. That would be too embarrassing.

Tiffany sat down on her bed that was made on the couch. Then she glanced at Yoona's doorway again.

Why can she sleep in a bed while I'm on the couch?

She lifted her feet on the couch and prepared to go to sleep. Then she froze and glanced at Yoona's room again. She bit her lower lip.

Quickly, Tiffany got up from the couch and scuttled to Yoona's room, careful not to make any noise.

Yoona was sleeping in her bed. A sly smile appeared on Tiffany's face as she watched her. Carefully, she lifted Yoona's cover from one side and slipped in to lie next to the girl.

But there was too little space. Tiffany gently pushed Yoona to the other side of the bed. Then she pulled the cover over her and snuggled close to Yoona.

As Tiffany felt Yoona sleeping next to her, she felt a warm feeling go through her. She hid her smile to a pillow.

Yoona...

 

As Yoona woke up next morning she lay in the bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking what she should do today. She had to do something about the things with Yuri. Her brain had worked through then night and now she knew that she would call Mr. Kwon and tell that she had found Yuri. Wasn't that obvious? Why had she even thought about the other options?

Except that there was still one thing she wanted to do before revealing Yuri. She wanted to talk to the girl. That's what she'd do today. She'd skip work if she had to.

Yoona decided to get up, but something was holding her back. That's when she realized that there was an arm wrapped around her. She turned to look on her side, confused.

'Tiffany?' Yoona asked surprised.

What was the girl doing here? Shouldn't she be on the couch?

Yoona stared at sleeping Tiffany for a while. Then smirked and propped herself up with her elbows.

'Who said you can come to my bed?' she whispered. She let out a quiet chuckle. 'Though it seems like you don't really ask permissions.'

Yoona smiled at Tiffany before moving her arm from around her and sat up. Yoona patted Tiffany's head gently, before she got up.

Maybe she could let Tiffany stay in the house for a while. It wouldn't cause any troubles, right?

 

The door of Choi's apartment opened and Sooyoung stepped in. She stopped and listened to any voices, but couldn't hear anything.

Good, he's still at school.

Sooyoung walked further inside the apartment and headed to the bedroom, looking around her.

It felt weird to be here again. Nothing had changed; everything was just as it was when she still lived here. It felt almost like she should go cooking and wait for Siwon to come home... Then they would eat together and talk...

But at the same time, something was different. As she got to her old closet in the bedroom and opened it, she felt like she was a stranger, rummaging other people's things. This wasn't her home anymore.

Sooyoung easily found what she was looking for. It was a pink sweater, which she had forgot when they came to get her stuff with Jessica before.

Sooyoung put the sweater on and walked out of the room, without glancing at the bed.

She was about to walk right out, but stopped in the living room. Memories rushed in her mind as she watched the room.

Siwon always sat there with his laptop... And I would go sit next to him and he would put his arm around me...

Sooyoung stood there in her memories for a while. Then she noticed something on the back of the couch. It was a soft toy, a cute monkey. Sooyoung smiled at it and went to sit on the couch. She took the monkey in her hands and played with it.

Siwon gave this to me.

Suddenly she could hear the front door open. Sooyoung's heart immediately started beating faster, and she stood up. Without moving she waited for the person to come.

Siwon walked into the living room. As soon as he saw Sooyoung, he startled.

'Oh, it's you,' he said relieved.

They stared at each other, standing still. Siwon looked like he was trying to find words to say something. He gave a small smile.

Sooyoung instead was searching for a way to escape from the situation. Her heart was beating as she wanted to get out as soon as possible. She couldn't talk to Siwon, she didn't want to see him. However, there was only one way out and Siwon was blocking it.

'What are you doing here?' Siwon asked then as he stared at Sooyoung.

'I came to get my sweater,' Sooyoung replied rigidly.

There was a silence for a couple of seconds.

'Listen Sooyoung -' Siwon started again.

'No. I don't listen to you anymore,' Sooyoung said. 'We... You and I have nothing to talk about.'

'Sooyoung, please. I'm sorry. I made a huge mistake and -'

'There's nothing you can say to change it,' Sooyoung said gaining strengh in her voice.

'I left Tiffany. I left her right after what happened. Do you know why? Because I love you, Sooyoung. And I want you back.'

'That's not true. It's not... If you loved me, you wouldn't have done that to me.'

Siwon's expression sank and he pressed his head lower. Then he looked straight at Sooyoung again.

'I thought you didn't love me,' Siwon said quietly. 'I saw you with Jessica...'

'Oh,' Sooyoung said and averted her eyes from Siwon's. 'But... I still didn't cheat on you with her. If you didn't notice, I rejected her.'

'Yes. I was stupid. But now that I know that you still have feelings for me, I'm sorry.'

'What?' Sooyoung was taken aback. 'I don't have feelings for you.'

'Really?' Siwon raised his eyebrow and cast a meaningful look at the monkey Sooyoung was still holding. Sooyoung quickly glanced at it and then tossed it on the couch.

'It doesn't mean anything,' she said quickly.

'Doesn't it? Sooyoung, why don't you just come back home? We could sort things out and be like we used to be. We could start all over again,' Siwon asked. 'Stop playing with Jessica. You know the farther you take this, the more it's gonna hurt her in the future.'

'I'm not playing. I love Jessica,' Sooyoung burst out angrily. 'I can never forgive you for what you did. Jessica would never do that to me. She would never hurt me.'

'Sooyoung... stop fooling yourself. You know you don't love Jessica but me,' Siwon said and moved towards Sooyoung. Sooyoung saw her chance to get past him and moved forward. But as she walked by him, Siwon grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

'Let me go,' Sooyoung told.

'You know I'm right. You know you still love me. If you just gave me a second chance...'

Siwon moved closer to Sooyoung, who backed against a wall.

'Don't,' she said.

Sooyoung tried to twist her hand from Siwon's grip, but he was stronger. Siwon grabbed Sooyoung's other hand in his too in order to prevent her from getting away.

No. Not this again...

'I don't love you,' Sooyoung said coldly. She used all her strenght to pull her hands free and managed to break Siwon's grip. She hurriedly moved towards the front door.

'I don't love you!' she turned to shout as she opened the door.

Sooyoung got out and slammed the door closed behind her, in front of Siwon's defeated face.

 

As soon as Sooyoung got in to Jessica's apartment, she went to look for Jessica. But the only person she could find was Yuri, who sat on the living room couch.

'Jessica went out,' Yuri said as she watched Sooyoung go from room to room.

Sooyoung stopped and looked at Yuri.

'Where?' she asked.

Yuri shrugged her shoulders.

'I don't know, but it's good that she's not here. I need to talk to you.'

'Can't it wait?' Sooyoung said and headed to the bedroom.

As she got there and away from Yuri, she jumped to sit on the bed. She took Jessica's pillow on her lap, and rested her head on it, as she hugged her knees.

She had said it. She had told Siwon she didn't love him. It was over now. Siwon wouldn't come after her anymore... hopefully.

She felt relieved. And she wanted to see Jessica. She wanted to tell her what happened. And maybe -

'Sooyoung,' called Yuri, who walked in the room. She went to stand next to Sooyoung. 'I need to talk to you.'

Sooyoung tried to hide her irritation. I said not now.

'Come on, let's go to the kitchen,' Yuri said and continued as she saw Sooyoung's reluctant expression: 'It's about Jessica.'

The look in Yuri's eyes was determined. Sooyoung reluctantly got up and followed the girl to the kitchen. They sat on the opposite sides of the table.

At first Yuri didn't say anything. Sooyoung stared at the floor, waiting.

'About Jessica?' she asked then.

'Yes,' Yuri said. 'I just want to know... what you think about her. Like what are your feelings...'

Sooyoung raised her eyes at Yuri. The girl seemed awkward but also serious.

'I love her,' Sooyoung replied simply.

'Are you sure? Because, you know I've known Jessica for a long time. And I really don't want to see her hurt.'

'What are you talking about?' Sooyoung frowned.

'You know, Jessica really cares about you. And she's worried about you,' Yuri said looking straight in Sooyoung's eyes.

'Why is she worried?'

Yuri shrugged.

'She doesn't tell me the details. But I can see it,' Yuri said. 'And I know Jessica is suffering from the situation between you two. She... would want you to be officially together.'

'But I told her I wasn't ready yet. Because of my boyfriend...'

'Well, you should get over him already,' Yuri said, rolling her eyes. 'Why is it taking so long?'

Sooyoung shot a glare at Yuri. That girl didn't know anything and yet she was here to give advice.

'Don't worry. I won't hurt Jessica,' Sooyoung said.

'You better not,' Yuri said. She pointed two fingers at her eyes and then to Sooyoung's. 'I'm watching you.'

Yuri burst out laughing at her own actions. Sooyoung watched the girl weirdly, before a smile spread on her face too. What a silly girl...

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, I promise that there will be Soosica moments in the next chapter. I couldn't fit any in this chapter :(

Thank you for your comments ^^