Chapter 11

How much is enough?

Jessica's there. She's as pretty as ever. She's coming home from somewhere. I wonder where she's been..

Sooyoung noticed that a smile had crept on her face. She quickly removed it.

She got this warm feeling every time she saw Jessica nowadays. She felt happier... But she couldn't let it happen. It wasn't right.

I can't meet Jessica anymore. At least not before I've killed these feelings.

Sooyoung watched as Jessica went into the house. As soon as she couldn't see her anymore, sadness took over her. She couldn't meet Jessica anymore...

Siwon walked into the bedroom staring at his cell phone. He was smiling at something. Then he started to write a text message.

Sooyoung watched him. She shouldn't feel sad. She had Siwon.

Siwon sent the message and then raised his eyes to Sooyoung.

'You're just sitting there staring out of the window again,' he said. 'I don't get that habit of your's.'

Sooyoung couldn't help wondering if Jessica would get it. If Jessica was there, would she notice how lost Sooyoung felt and come to console her?

What was she thinking again? It was just good that Siwon didn't notice. Siwon shouldn't know anything about this.

'I go take a shower. You get ready too,' Siwon said walking to Sooyoung and gave a peck on her cheek. Then he tossed his cell phone on a table and left the room.

Sooyoung sighed and got up. They shouldn't be late from the dinner. Her parents shouldn't have to wait.

She walked away from the window and started to get ready. Then she heard Siwon's cell phone beep. Who was he texting with? Sooyoung went to grab the phone.

...Tiffany?

Who Tiffany? Tiffany Hwang? Well, who else? Why was Siwon texting with her?

Sooyoung opened the text message.

From: Tiffany

Yeah it was. Good that we're still friends! I might appear somewhere again ; )

What was this? Was Siwon friends with Tiffany? Looked like it.

Sooyoung searched Siwon's most recent text messages. From Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany... She frowned. Why was there so many messages from Tiffany? Should she ask Siwon about it? No, she didn't dare. Siwon would get angry if he knew she took his phone...

Sooyoung deleted the most recent message from Tiffany and put the phone back on the table.

Surely it didn't mean anything. Siwon wasn't the kind of guy, who had other women. But why he then hadn't mentioned about Tiffany to Sooyoung? Sooyoung knew all Siwon's friends and they sometimes spent time together. That was weird...

Am I jealous? Sooyoung asked herself. No. I'm more like... sad. I thought I can trust Siwon. But what if...

As Siwon came back from the shower, Sooyoung didn't say anything, but kept glancing at him.

No, she couldn't keep it, she had to ask.

'Siwon...' she started. 'Who you've been texting lately. I've noticed you do that a lot.'

Siwon glanced Sooyoung and then turned his eyes away, avoiding her look.

'Just some friends,' he replied.

'Who?' Sooyoung asked.

'Well, you know. Donghae, Sungmin...' Siwon replied. Sooyoung could hear a hint of uneasiness in his voice.

'Okay,' Sooyoung said, staring at her hands.

'Let's go then, shall we?' Siwon said looking at Sooyoung and smiled.

'Yes,' Sooyoung said and gave him a smile back. But it vanished as soon as Siwon turned away.

 

Two hours later that day Jessica's doorbell rang. She opened the door and saw Tiffany.

'Hi!' Tiffany greeted with an eyesmile.

'Hi, come in,' Jessica said, not smiling, but that wasn't anything new to Tiffany. Jessica rarely smiled. Except with Sooyoung.

Tiffany walked inside the apartment looking around. She hadn't been there before.

'Don't you have time to decorate?' she asked.

'Is my home so boring?' Jessica asked.

'Well, this place could need something.'

Tiffany sat down on the couch and Jessica sat opposite to her, on a chair.

'I heard something interesting yesterday,' Tiffany started negligently. 'About a woman called Kwon Yuri.'

'Mm..' Jessica said. She was immediately on guard, though she tried not to show it.

'She took her family's money and left, and she's been gone for a year now, or how it was?' Tiffany said, watching closely Jessica's reaction. 'She's a model like you. Have you ever met her?'

'It's not like all models know each other,' Jessica said dully.

'So you haven't met her?'

Jessica frowned. Why was Tiffany so interested? Could it be that she knew?..

'Why do you think I would? Where did you hear about that anyway?' she said.

'So you deny that you ever knew her?' Tiffany asked.

'Why are you so interested about this all of a sudden?' Jessica retorted.

Tiffany narrowed her eyes.

'Fine. I know you and her knew each other. I saw a picture in a magazine,' she said.

'What old magazines have you been reading?' Jessica said.

'So you admit you knew her,' Tiffany reasoned and then continued annoyed: 'Why couldn't you just say it when I first asked? Why you always have to be so secretive? You never want to tell me anything! I always have to persuade you.'

'Maybe I don't want to tell you about my life. Maybe I want to keep things to myself,' Jessica replied coldly.

'Why? Don't you trust me?' Tiffany asked. 'After all the help I gave you!'

'Are you worth of my trust?' Jessica asked folding her arms on her chest. 'Oh, I know you don't help me with Sooyoung because of friendship. You just want to get Siwon to yourself.'

Wow. Tiffany hadn't realised Jessica knew about it.

'So what?' she retorted. 'We're in the same boat. You want to tear them apart too.'

'I would never do anything that would hurt Sooyoung,' Jessica hissed. 'I love her.'

'Ash, come on! Why are you all talking about love?' Tiffany shouted standing up. 'As if you could really love another person that much.'

Jessica got up too.

'Of course you don't understand, because how could you? You're so self-centered, you can't love anyone except yourself!'

'What do you know about me?' Tiffany cried.

'More than you think!'

Tiffany looked so angry she could hit Jessica. She stomped out of the room and to the door. Jessica heard the door open and then bang closed with force.

Tiffany stomped down the stairs bristling with anger. How could Jessica say something like that? Jessica didn't know her. No-one knew her.

But it didn't matter. She didn't need Jessica. She didn't need anyone...

A tear escaped from Tiffany's eye. She wiped it away quickly. She wouldn't cry.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

Did you like the chapter? :) Sorry, I know it's short. But I wanted to save the next scenes to the next chapter. And don't worry, there will be proper Soosica moments next time, I promise! ^^ Please keep supporting!