Chapter 3

How much is enough?

Siwon walked down the street towards a grocery store. Suddenly he heard someone call his name. He turned around and saw Tiffany running towards him in high heels. He waited for her to catch him.

‘Tiffany! What are you doing here?’ Siwon asked smirking at the girl. They started walking together.

‘I like this neighbourhood,’ Tiffany replied simply. ‘What about you?’

‘I promised Sooyoung to buy food today, so I’m going to grocery,’ Siwon said shrugging.

Tiffany’s eyes narrowed as she heard Sooyoung’s name.

‘Oh, yeah, Sooyoung. How’s your little wife?’ she asked.

‘She’s fine, thank you,’ Siwon said in an amused tone. ‘And as far as I remember, we’re not married.’

‘You’re still living together. I don’t understand how you can stand her twenty-four seven. Doesn’t she get annoying?’ Tiffany asked.

‘Doesn’t all roommates do?’

‘Yes, but don’t you think you miss something by living with your girlfriend? Don’t you think it restricts your life?’

‘Like how?’ Siwon glanced Tiffany from the corner of his eye.

‘Like being with the same girl all the time,’ Tiffany said with an innocent look.

Siwon raised his eyebrows and looked straight at Tiffany.

‘So that’s what you wanted to ask?’ he said.

'Well, can you deny that it's true?' Tiffany asked.

Siwon only gave a laugh.

Tiffany would’ve said something, but they were already at the grocery store.

‘It was pleasure to talk with you Tiffany,’ Siwon said half joking.

He walked into the store leaving Tiffany standing alone outside.

Just wait Siwon...Tiffany thought staring at the door where Siwon had just disappeared. You will be mine in no time. Your little wife doesn’t have a chance... Once you’ll get me you won’t ever think about her again.

A smug smile appeared on her face. She turned, tossing her hair, and walked away.

 

Jessica was in the photoshoot. She was having her make up done as her boss appeared behind her.

‘Miss Jung,’ her boss called.

Jessica turned around to face her and noticed that she wasn’t alone. A stunningly beautiful girl stood next to her and looked at Jessica with a small smile. Jessica looked questioningly at her boss.

‘This is Im Yoona. She will be your pair in this campaign,’ Jessica’s boss explained.

‘Who is she?’ Jessica asked glaring at Yoona.

‘She’s our new part time model. Since you’re both new, you should come along well,’ the boss said and left.

Yoona sat down to a chair next to Jessica’s and a make-up artist hurried to her.

‘Have you been model for a long time?’ Yoona asked Jessica.

‘Three years,’ Jessica answered. The truth was she had already started in high school, but because of her height, she had to do a lot of work to prove her modeling ability.

‘I started already when I was fourteen,’ Yoona said. She didn’t sound arrogant, but what she said annoyed Jessica.

‘Then why are you only part time?’ she asked.

‘I want to concentrate on other things. Modeling is not my number one interest,’ Yoona answered.

‘Then what is?’ Jessica asked. It annoyed her that she had to work her off, when this girl could just call to an agency and get booked just like that.

‘Maybe I’ll tell you later,’ Yoona said mysteriously.

As they started photo shooting Jessica noticed that Yoona didn’t only look stunning, but could also pose really well. Jessica felt like she was the background while Yoona shone on the spot. When the shooting ended, Jessica was fuming with anger.

‘That was fun. Would you like to go to cafe with me?’ Yoona said as they were leaving.

‘No,’ Jessica replied her voice like ice.

‘Next time then?’ Yoona suggested.

Jessica didn’t answer. She walked out the door without even glancing at Yoona.

Yoona sighed after she was left alone.

Good job, she scolded herself. This way you will never get close to her. But I don’t understand why she got so angry. Did I do something wrong?

 

Jessica still had bad temper when she got home. She didn’t want to meet anybody or talk to anyone, but of course she run into her new neighbour in their floor.

‘Hi Jessica!’ Sooyoung greeted cheerfully, as usual.

‘Good afternoon,’ Jessica grunted.

‘Hey, what’s wrong?’ Sooyoung asked her cheerfull face turning to worried.

‘As if I told you,’ Jessica said.

‘Well, why not?’ Sooyoung asked.

Jessica looked at her. Sooyoung looked sincere, and that made Jessica feel a bit perplexed. Was this girl really interested? Did she care?

‘Yeah, right,’ Jessica said incredulously and turned to open her door.

‘No, I really wanna know!’ Sooyoung moved closer to Jessica.

Jessica stared at her.

‘Well, come in then,’ she gave in. She opened the door and they went in.

 

Sooyoung sat by the kitchen table in Jessica’s apartment. There was not much furniture in the house, but of course Jessica had only moved in there a few days ago. Sooyoung looked at Jessica, who was opening the cupboards, looking for something. Finally she took out a box of cookies and layed it on the table.

‘Sorry, I don’t have much to serve,’ she said coldly. She sat down opposite to Sooyoung.

‘It’s okay,’ Sooyoung said and took a cookie.

‘I just came home from work, so I didn’t have time to go to grocery,’ Jessica explained.

‘Oh, yeah, you’re model, right? Did you have a photo shoot?’ Sooyoung asked.

‘Yes.’

‘Did something happen?’

‘No... Only that I have a new partner for a campaign. Im Yoona or something. She’s only a part time model,’ Jessica said in a contemptuous tone.

‘Was she bad?’ Sooyoung asked taking another cookie.

‘No. She was good. And beautiful. No one will even notice me in the photos!’ Jessica complained.

Sooyoung laughed, but stopped as Jessica gave her an icy glare.

‘Sorry. But that’s not possible, she can’t be that pretty. No one could possibly not notice you, since you’re so beautiful.’

Jessica snorted, but Sooyoung’s words made her feel better.

‘Do you have any photos you could show me? I want to see you modeling,’ Sooyoung asked.

‘Umm....’ Jessica felt embarrassed all of a sudden. Yes, she had photos, but she didn’t want to give them to Sooyoung’s evaluation. What’s wrong with me? I have shown them to who knows how many clients, but I can’t show them to a neighbour girl?

‘Please...’ Sooyoung begged leaning over the table and blinking her eyelashes. She was so cute Jessica could not help but soften to her.

‘Okay, I go get my file,’ she said and smiled.

Sooyoung stared at her, beaming. I made her smile! Look, I knew she’s not as cold as she acts.

Jessica came back with a file and Sooyoung started watching through photos.

Jessica stared at the girl watching her expressions. However, after a while she caught herself only staring at Sooyoung’s features. She's so pretty..

Right then Sooyoung suddenly raised her head and looked at Jessica. She saw the girl staring at her with a weird expression on her face. Sooyoung blushed.

‘What are you looking at?’ she asked embarrassed.

‘Nothing,’ Jessica hastily answered. She felt embarrassed as well, but it was worth it: Sooyoung looked so cute right now.

‘These photos are really good. You’re talented,’ Sooyoung praised.

‘Nah... I’ve just worked hard,’ Jessica said smiling.

Sooyoung stared at Jessica. She liked her smile. This wasn’t the same cold Jessica, whom she had come into the apartment with.

‘Don’t you really have any food? It’s almost dinnertime,’ Sooyoung said and stood up. She walked to the fridge.

‘Stop! Don’t touch it,’ Jessica hastily commanded.

‘Why?’ Sooyoung laughed. ‘Do you have secrets in the fridge?’

She opened the fridge door. The fridge was almost empty.

‘I said I didn’t have time to buy food,’ Jessica explained hastily.

Sooyoung observed the food in the fridge.

‘These are all ready meals. Can’t you cook?’ she asked.

‘Of course I can. I’m just busy, I don’t have time,’ Jessica said failing to prevent her cheeks turning red.

‘Okay...’ Sooyoung said smirking and closed the fridge.

Sooyoung stayed in the apartment for over an hour more and they talked for a long time. Jessica was glad and more talkative than usual, when she was always cold and reserved. As Sooyoung left the apartment, she was feeling very happy.

After Sooyoung was gone, Jessica threw herself onto her bed. She stared at the ceiling and smiled. She liked Sooyoung. Sooyoung was wonderful and adorable and she made her heart flutter as she looked at Jessica with her beautiful eyes... Jessica was happy that she moved here.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

Chapter three :) I hope this cleared out some things. Or not? Anyway thank you for comments and subscribing :D I'll do my best with the story!