Chapter 6

How much is enough?

Jessica was sitting on a chair next to her front door. Her head was hanging low and her eyes threatened to droop closed. She had been there for two hours, listening to any voice from the corridor behind the door.

I shouldn't have listened to Tiffany, Jessica thought. "Ask Sooyoung to the movies with you. Tonight, right after she comes home. But choose the movie carefully."

Well, that had sounded like a good idea. So about the time Sooyoung was supposed to come home, Jessica went to the cafe accross the street to wait for her. However, Sooyoung didn't come and after an hour Jessica gave up. She went back home and dialed Sooyoung's number on her phone. Heart pounding she waited for Sooyoung to pick up... but she didn't. Neither on the second time.

So here she was, waiting for Sooyoung to come. Though she couldn't be sure if Sooyoung was already home or not. She didn't want to go ask for her, because if she did, she would meet Siwon, and she didn't want to see him.

Jessica yawned and raised her head. Maybe she would just ask Sooyoung tomorrow, now she was already too tired. Or maybe she didn't even want to ask her anymore, not after this.

Right then she heard someone walking on the corridor. She tensed and listened. The steps stopped near her door and she could hear clinging of keys.

Jessica jumped up from the chair and darted to the peephole. Yes, it was Sooyoung! Jessica quickly opened the door and leant out.

Sooyoung turned around and looked at her surprised.

Where were you? I've been waiting for you for three hours!

'H-hi,' was all Jessica said anyway.

'Hi,' Sooyoung said and looked Jessica from head to toes. 'What are you doing?'

'I... I tried to call you,' Jessica said.

'Oh, sorry, I turned the voice down,' Sooyoung apologised. Then her eyes widened. 'Has something happened?'

'No no. Everything is fine. I just...' Jessica said but stopped. Her heart had suddenly started to race in her chest. This was it, now she would ask Sooyoung out.

'I-I thought if you liked to hang out or someting...' Jessica managed to say, and pressed her head embarrassed. Was that really all she could say?

Sooyoung tilted her head and smiled.

'Is that why you waited for me to come home?' she asked.

'I didn't wait for you,' Jessica hastily denied. 'I just happened to be by the door when I heard you come..'

'Yes...' Sooyoung smiled. 'Well, I just go take my stuff home and come after that.'

'What - where?' Jessica asked losing the thread of the conversation for a moment.

'To hang out with you. Or don't you want anymore?' Sooyoung smiled.

'Yes! I... yeah, okay,' Jessica said, leant back inside and closed the door.

Change of plans.

Jessica quickly lifted the chair and carried it back to the kitchen. She cleared the kitchen table from trash and threw a few clothes from the couch to the bedroom. Sooyoung would come here.

After five minutes the doorbell rang. Jessica opened the door with a smile on her face. Sooyoung had changed her clothes to a bit more comfortable ones, but looked still very good, if not better. She and Jessica went to the living room and sat on the couch.

'What do you want to do?' Jessica asked. She looked at Sooyoung who sat next to her.

Sooyoung shrugged.

'Did you have any ideas?' she asked.

'Do you wanna watch a movie?' Jessica asked and gestured towards the tv.

'Yeah. What movies you have?' Sooyoung agreed.

'I go get them,' Jessica said and jumped up. She hurried to a shelf, Sooyoung's eyes following her.

What kind of movies she likes? What did Tiffany say again? Uh... I just wish my heart would stop hammering so quickly and I could concentrate.

'Here you go. You can choose,' Jessica said finally bringing all her movies to Sooyoung.

They went through the movies and talked about them. Finally Sooyoung chose a movie that was one of Jessica's favorites. Jessica put it in and sat back on the couch.

'Don't we turn off the lights?' Sooyoung asked.

'Yes. Of course,' Jessica said and got up again. Sooyoung stood up too and went to close the curtains.

'Now it's nice,' Sooyoung said as she sat back down.

Jessica nodded and pressed play. The movie started. Jessica had seen it many times, so she could easily concentrate on the girl next to her instead of the tv-screen.

'Have you seen this movie?' Jessica asked.

'No, but I've heard it's good,' Sooyoung answered and looked at Jessica.

Her stare made Jessica turn her eyes quickly back at the tv-screen. Her heart had fastened it's beat again. That's when she remembered what Tiffany had said: "Take some physical contact, but make it look like an accident." What could she do? And how was she supposed to make it look like an accident, when they where sitting still on a couch? She should've done it earlier... Stupid advice.

Suddenly she realised that Sooyoung was staring at her. Jessica glanced Sooyoung. The girl chuckled.

'Why are you so nervous?' she asked.

'What, me? I'm not..' Jessica answered looking away.

'Yes you are. You're all tensed up,' Sooyoung said. 'Relax.'

Sooyoung wrapped her arm around Jessica's shoulders and pulled her closer. Jessica's eyes widened and she tensed up even more.

'Come on Jessica,' Sooyoung said shaking the smaller girl slightly. 'What should I do?...'

'No, this is fine! Don't do anything,' Jessica hastily said. She leant her head against Sooyoung's shoulder and closed her eyes.

Sooyoung looked at Jessica and started to smile.

'Okay,' she said and moved her arm slightly, so that it was better around Jessica.

Jessica felt like her heart could fly out of her chest from happiness. She inhaled Sooyoung's scent and made her position a little more comfortable against Sooyoung. She couldn't believe that this was actually happening and she could be so close to Sooyoung. She wanted to stay here forever.

 

The movie went on and at some point Sooyoung felt Jessica was fully relaxed. She glanced at the girl, who was leaning her with her eyes closed. Is she sleeping? Sooyoung thought and smiled at it.

It felt good to be like this with Jessica. She wondered if it normally felt like that when you were so close to your friend. Sooyoung turned her head a little to see Jessica better. She looked so peacefull right now...

Sooyoung raised her hand and moved a strand of hair aside from Jessica's face. The girl didn't react. She's totally sleeping.

It can't be too comfortable to sleep in that position... Sooyoung thought. She moved Jessica down from her shoulder and placed her lying down on the couch so that her head was on Sooyoung's lap. Better?

Sooyoung stared at Jessica. The girl was even more beautiful now, when she was sleeping. Absentmindedly Sooyoung started to run her fingers through Jessica's hair.

What is this feeling? It's as if... But it can't be.

After some time the movie ended, but Sooyoung kept sitting still and  Jessica's hair. She didn't really want to go home or wake Jessica up. It was nice to be here... Maybe she could sleep too...

But she knew couldn't stay and she should go home. She sighed heavily and reached to turn on a lamp that was next to the couch.

'Jessica,' she said gently. 'Jessica, wake up.'

No reaction. She tried to shake Jessica from shoulder, but no avail.

'Jessica!' she called and shook the girl more roughly.

Jessica made a whining voice and snuggled turning away from Sooyoung.

'I wanna sleep...' she muttered.

'I know, but I need to go home now,' Sooyoung said.

Jessica opened her eyes and turned slowly to look at Sooyoung. Then she got up so quickly that it scared Sooyoung.

'I'm sorry!' Jessica hastily said.

Sooyoung laughed at her confused expression.

'It's okay, I moved you there after you fell asleep,' she said.

'Oh...' Jessica didn't know what to say.

Sooyoung chuckled.

'You're so cute right now, you know,' she said and smiled.

Jessica looked down embarrassed.

'I think I gotta go now,' Sooyoung sighed then. 'Do you walk me to the door?'

Jessica nodded and they left the living room. Sooyoung put her shoes on and prepared to leave. They stared at each other before Sooyoung opened the door.

'Bye then...' Sooyoung said.

'Bye...' Jessica said thinking quickly. 'Sooyoung?'

She stepped closer and hugged the taller girl. Sooyoung was surprised, but hugged Jessica back.

'Thank you,' Jessica said. 'Will you come again?'

'Of course,' Sooyoung replied. 'I want to be with you when you're awake too.'

They pulled away from each other, smiling.

'See you tomorrow.'

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Soosica chapter! Hope you liked it :D

I had planned to update earlier, but my computer got broken and now I can only borrow my sister's computer, when she's not using it. So that means it can take a little longer to update, sorry! But anyway, thanks for comments and comment more :)