Chapter 4

How much is enough?

‘Good morning! This is Sooyoung and Sunny in AF-radio. Or actually it’s only Sooyoung, for Sunny’s got something urgent to do, but she’ll be back right away,’ Sooyoung spoke. She sat alone in the studio, and looked through a window to a room, where Sunny and her boyfriend, the program’s producer Lee Sungmin, were kissing passionately. Sungmin had just came back from a trip and they hadn’t seen each other for a week.

‘Nevermind. You know, I’ve been thinking how often people get judged only by looks and first impression. I got a new neighbour a while ago and in the beginning she seemed to be a cold and rude person. But yesterday I went to her apartment and we talked and spend time together and she just changed right in front of my eyes! I found out that she’s really a very nice person. So you really shouldn’t trust first impression, but get to know people,’ Sooyoung spoke.

Sunny came in and sat on her chair. She put the headphones on and started to speak.

‘Right, there ends our Sooyoung’s advice moment,’ she joked and smirked to Sooyoung. ‘Now music start!’

The radio channel started broadcasting commercials. Sooyoung and Sunny took off their headphones.

‘Awwww my Sungmin is back!’ Sunny rejoiced and jumped on her chair excited.

Sooyoung laughed at her.

‘Good that you’re happy. What are you gonna do tonight?’

‘We'll be together with Sungmin,’ Sunny beamed. ‘All night. Right Sungmin? Sungmin!?’

‘Yes?’ Sungmin shouted through the glass.

‘You’ll be with me tonight, right?’

‘Oh. Yeah yeah,’ Sungmin nodded.

Sunny smiled pleased. Sooyoung laughed. They were such a funny couple.

 

Jessica had been waiting in the cafe accross the street for Sooyoung to come home. As soon as she saw her, she hurried out of the cafe and caught Sooyoung at the stairs inside their house.

‘Why did you talk about me on the radio?’ she asked.

‘You listened to it?’ Sooyoung smiled. ‘Did you like it?’

Jessica pouted at Sooyoung.

‘I don’t like people talking about me,’ she said.

'Really? Well, I didn’t say your name or anything. But okay, I won’t talk about you again if it makes you feel uncomfortable,’ Sooyoung promised.

‘It's not that... Just warn me next time, before you do that, okay?’ Jessica said.

‘Okay,’ Sooyoung promised and smiled.

Jessica smiled back at her.

They stared at each other for a while. Jessica didn’t have anything more to say. She took her eyes off Sooyoung and started to walk down the stairs.

‘Where are you going?’ Sooyoung asked.

‘To the cafe. I didn’t finish my coffee,’ Jessica replied and looked at Sooyoung. ‘Come with me.’

‘Oh, sorry, i can’t. I have homework,’ Sooyoung replied looking a bit sad. Then she smiled. ‘Do you want to come to eat with me and Siwon tonight? I cook.’

‘With you and Siwon?’ Jessica hesitated. She didn’t really want to spend time with the couple. ‘No thanks.’

‘But you have to eat some real food and not only ready meals,’ Sooyoung tried.

‘I can take care of myself, thank you,’ Jessica glared at Sooyoung.

‘Can I at least bring you some food later?’

Jessica sighed.

‘Okay,’ she gave in.

‘Good! See you later then,’ Sooyoung smiled and hurried up the stairs.

‘See you,’ Jessica said and went back downstairs. She was actually happy about how things had turned out. Now she would meet Sooyoung again, but she didn’t have to spend time with Siwon. Plus, she didn’t have to cook!

 

In the evening Sooyoung was putting dishes to dishwasher after dinner. After that she took a small plastic box, filled it with food and covered it with a lid.

Suddenly she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She turned to look over her shoulder and saw Siwon, who nuzzled his head against her neck.

‘Are you done already?’ Siwon said. ‘Let’s do something together.’

Sooyoung turned around and wrapped her arms around Siwon’s neck. She felt Siwon pull her closer.

‘Like what?’ she smirked.

‘What do you want?’

Siwon leaned to kiss her. Their kiss got deeper and Siwon moved his hands down Sooyoung’s back. Their breathing fastened as Sooyoung felt Siwon’s hands move on her.

‘Wait,’ Sooyoung said and pulled away.

‘What?’ Siwon asked reluctant.

‘I gotta go see Jessica,’ Sooyoung said. She pointed the plastic box on the table. ‘I go take her food.’

‘Why?’

‘Because she can’t cook herself and only eats ready meals,’ Sooyoung explained and got away from Siwon’s arms. ‘Seriously, you should’ve seen her fridge.’

‘She’s a grown up, she doesn’t need you to feed her. You don’t have to take care of her,’ Siwon said.

‘But I want to,’ Sooyoung said, took the food and went to the front door.

‘Oh, you’re so nice to her,’ Siwon said. Then he got an idea. ‘I come with you!’

Sooyoung agreed to that. They put their shoes on, went out and walked to Jessica’s door. Sooyoung was about to ring the doorbell, but hesitated glancing at Siwon. She didn’t know why, but she felt a bit nervous. Then she shook her head and shrugged the feeling off.

Ding dong.

After a few seconds the door opened and they saw Jessica. She was smiling, but as soon as she saw Siwon, her smile faded.

‘Hi!’ Sooyoung greeted. ‘Can we come in?’

‘Yes,’ Jessica said her face expressionless and moved away from the door.

Sooyoung and Siwon followed Jessica inside the house, to the kitchen.

‘There you are,’ Sooyoung said and handed Jessica the food.

‘You didn’t have to,’ Jessica said quietly.

‘It’s okay,’ Sooyoung smiled.

‘This is smaller than our apartment,’ Siwon commented looking around.

Jessica gave him her icy glare.

‘Of course it is, Jessica lives alone,’ Sooyoung said.

‘Yeah, Sooyoung told that you concentrate on work a lot,’ Siwon said.

‘And?’ Jessica said. What was he trying to say?

‘Nothing. I think it’s just great that you work for your goals,’ Siwon replied.

‘I see... Well, thanks for the food, you may leave now,’ Jessica said.

‘Already?’ Sooyoung said a bit disappointed.

‘Come on Sooyoung, let’s go. Don’t pressure her,’ Siwon said and touched her shoulders.

‘See you tomorrow..’ Sooyoung said to Jessica.

‘Bye,’ Jessica said and watched them go.

As soon as Sooyoung and Siwon were back home, Sooyoung started scolding him.

‘Why did you have to talk to Jessica like that? She got uncomfortable because of you.’

‘Didn’t you see her face when she saw me at the door? She didn’t want me to come in from the beginning,’ Siwon said.

‘That’s why you should’ve been extra nice to her!’

‘She’s not nice to me either..’ Siwon sighed and walked further inside the apartment. Sooyoung came after him.

‘Why do you even care about her so much?’ he asked.

‘Because she’s my friend.’

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

Hi readers! I had to re-write parts of this chapter after AFF went down, but lucklily most of it was saved :) If I had to write the whole chapter again I don't what the result would've been... :D Anyway, it's good to be back.