Chapter 10

How much is enough?

Yoona was in the cafe again. She had hoped to meet Tiffany there, but the girl wasn't there. So she had stayed to wait.

She felt nervous about this. If her plan would fail, everything would fail. What if she had judged Tiffany wrong and the girl would go tell Jessica everything? Maybe she shouldn't use Tiffany after all... But her time was running out, so she had to do something.

Right then she saw two familiar figures outside the cafe. It was Tiffany and Jessica on the other side of the street. They walked to Jessica's house, talking, and Jessica went in.

Tiffany stood alone outside. She glanced at the cafe, but couldn't see Yoona through the windows. Then she tossed her hair and started to walk along the street. Yoona smiled. Tiffany looked so good, when she tossed her hair like that...

Yoona stood up from her table and went out of the cafe and after Tiffany. She started to feel excited and also nervous.

'Hey!' Yoona called as she was right behind Tiffany. The girl turned around quickly to see Yoona, who was smirking at her.

'What do you want?' she asked, her strongly lined eyes looking at Yoona annoyed.

Yoona stopped surprised. She hadn't expected this cold greeting.

'I want to take you to eat,' she said sounding innocent.

'What?' Tiffany asked incredulous.

'Come on, there's a bar nearby,' Yoona said starting to walk. 'Let's go.'

'Why?' Tiffany asked taking a couple of steps after Yoona.

'I'll tell you when we get there,' Yoona promised, smiling.

Tiffany didn't look content, but followed Yoona anyway. Yoona was relieved for it.

'I'm not hungry,' Tiffany said.

'Good. Then I don't have to buy you anything,' Yoona said.

They got to a turning and walk to another street. Yoona glanced at Tiffany, who was glaring at her.

'What are you doing here anyway? Don't try to make me believe you came for me. You're stalking Jessica again, right?' Tiffany asked.

'Why do you think I'm stalking Jessica?' Yoona asked.

'Because you're interested in her,' Tiffany replied.

They had got in front of a bar. Yoona opened the door and they went in.

'No.. Jessica's not my type,' Yoona said and walked to the desk.

'Then who is?' Tiffany asked glancing at her.

'Would you go sit down? I order us something to drink,' Yoona said smiling, avoiding to answer Tiffany's question.

Tiffany went and Yoona followed her after she had got two cokes.

The bar was almost empy at this time a day. They sat next to the wall. Yoona stared at her drink. had suddenly turned dry and she took a sip. Tiffany stared at her.

'So, tell me,' Tiffany ordered.

'What? Who's my ideal type?' Yoona asked.

'No! Why we are here,' Tiffany said.

Yoona was quiet for a while, thinking.

'You were with Jessica just now,' she then started. 'Are you good friends?'

'What does it matter to you?' Tiffany asked.

'Just, do you know a lot about her? Does she tell you stuff?'

'Yes. Why? What should she tell me then?'

Yoona took a sip from her drink again.

'Do you know a person called Kwon Yuri?' she asked.

'No,' Tiffany replied, surprised.

'So Jessica haven't told you?' Yoona said raising her eyebrows to Tiffany.

Yoona knew Jessica hadn't told Tiffany. Jessica wouldn't tell anyone.

Tiffany shook her head, waiting for Yoona to explain.

Yoona took her bag and grapped a magazine from inside it. She quickly leafed to the right page and handed the magazine to Tiffany.

'Ever seen her?' she asked.

Tiffany looked at the page. It was all cover by a fashion photo. A black haired model stared back at her from the photo.

'Is this Kwon Yuri? She looks familiar...' Tiffany realised.

'She's pretty well-known. And not least of being a model,' Yoona told. 'Kwon Yuri is a daughter of a rich family. Her family owns one of the biggest companies in the country. Yuri used to work as a model until she suddenly disappeared a year ago,' Yoona told.

'Disappeared?'

'Yes. And she took a great amount of her family's money with her.'

'And why did she do that?'

'I don't know. But her family wants her back. They've been looking for her, but to no avail.'

'And... what has Jessica got to with this?' Tiffany asked frowning.

'Turn the page,' Yoona urged.

Tiffany turned the page of the magazine. There was another photo of Yuri. But there was another model next to her. It was Jessica.

'Jessica? She used to work with Kwon Yuri?'

'Yes. And they didn't only work together, but were actually really close with each other.'

'What do you mean close?' Tiffany asked. 'Were they like together?'

Yoona shrugged her shoulders.

'Who knows,' she replied. 'But the point is Jessica knows where Kwon Yuri is right now.'

Tiffany raised her eyebrows high.

'And how do you know that? How do you know all this?' she asked.

'Because I'm trying to find Kwon Yuri. We know Jessica's been in contact with her recently. But Jessica's protecting her and wouldn't tell anything.'

Tiffany thought about this for a while. Then she started to smile derisively.

'So you've been spying on Jessica because of that? Oh, you're hopeless spy. You can't even make Jessica tell you that!'

'Well, do you think she'd tell you?' Yoona asked annoyed.

'Of course,' Tiffany replied confident. She could make Jessica tell her anything. Easy.

'Then do you want to help me?' Yoona asked taking a small smile on her face and leaning closer to Tiffany across the table.

'And why would I do that?' Tiffany said leaning closer too. 'You're asking me to do that to Jessica. What do I get?'

'What do you want?' Yoona said so quietly it was almost a whisper.

They stared at each others eyes. Tiffany noticed only now how beautiful Yoona really was. And that smile... Tiffany shrugged the thought off.

'If I do that...' she started. 'I can ask you to do whatever I want.'

'Like what?' Yoona asked amused.

'We'll see about that,' Tiffany said leaning back up.

'Okay. It's a deal then,' Yoona said leaning back up too. 'But if you fail, I can make you do what ever I want.'

'No way. That's not in the deal,' Tiffany prevented.

'Why not?' Yoona asked smiling. 'It's more fun that way.'

'No!'

 

In the evening Jessica was alone in her apartment. She sat on the couch and stared at the TV-screen. There was nothing interesting there. Boring...

She hadn't met Sooyoung today. After the taller girl had left her yesterday, she had felt restless. She could tell something was different. Sooyoung had acted so weird.

Jessica thought back to the moment, how her body had froze as Sooyoung had held her hand, how her heart had raced so fast when she looked at her... Suddenly that made her feel sad. There was only these little moments she could be close to Sooyoung. But she wanted more. She didn't know how long she could sustain this situation. But if she confessed, how would Sooyoung react? Would she leave her and not want to be her friend anymore? Could she ever feel the same?

Jessica took her phone and started to write a text message. No matter what, she wanted to keep Sooyoung as her friend.

To: Sooyoung

'Hi. How are you? Could you come to my place now or tomorrow?' 

Jessica waited. After a few minutes the answer arrived.

From: Sooyoung

'I'm really busy. But if you have something important I can come to see you quickly.'

Jessica stared at the message disappointed. She sent a message back.

To: Sooyoung

'No, it's not important. Just wanted to see you.'

Jessica put the phone away and stared at the television again. It would've been enough for her to see Sooyoung even just briefly. Even if she had come to her door just for a minute, it would've made Jessica happy. But if she was really busy...

Jessica waited, but Sooyoung didn't answer to her latest message. Suddenly Jessica started doubting. What if Sooyoung didn't want to meet her anymore? What if being busy was just an excuse? Had Sooyoung realised how crazy she, Jessica, was about her and wanted to take distance now?

Jessica grabbed the phone again.

To: Sooyoung

'When can I see you again?'

But there was no answer.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

It's chapter 10! Mostly about Yoona and Tiffany, but in the end finally a scene about Jessica again. I already started to miss her, lol. ^^

In case anyone is interested I started another fiction, which I'm gonna write alongside with this one. It's a short story and will only consist a few chapters. Go check it out!