Chapter 15

How much is enough?

Tiffany stood behind Jessica's door. She let out a nervous sigh and rang the doorbell.

She had thought she wouldn't need Jessica anymore. After she had got Siwon, she would've achieved what she wanted and could abandon all the people she had used to get there. But that wasn't the case. Siwon wouldn't stay with her, but instead he had thrown her out.

Right after Sooyoung had run out of the apartment, after surprising them together, Siwon had wanted to go after her. He had told Tiffany to get dressed and leave.

'Why should I? Siwon, she's gone now. I'll stay with you.'

Siwon had cast her a furious glance and threw her shirt to her. Then he had left the room.

Tiffany jumped off the bed, her heart still racing from the startle caused by Sooyoung surprising them. It's not like she hadn't been expecting it. Actually that was part of her plan. She had wanted Sooyoung to see them, wanted to hurt her and Sooyoung to notice her... But for some reason, she didn't feel happy.

Tiffany followed Siwon to the living room, where the guy was sitting on the couch, his face buried in his hands. Tiffany walked to him and nudged his shoulder.

'Hey? There's nothing you can do about it,' she said quietly.

Siwon raised his head from his palms and looked at Tiffany. He seemed so angry, Tiffany pulled her hand away from his shoulder.

'Didn't you hear me? Get out of here,' Siwon said pursuing calm tone.

'But what about us?' Tiffany stubbornly asked.

'There's no us!' Siwon retorted. 'This was a terrible mistake. Now just go.'

And Tiffany hadn't seen him since then. After she had closed the door of the apartment behind her, she knew she wouldn't come back. She felt hurt by how Siwon had treated her, but she knew Siwon had never loved her. She had been nothing else to him but someone to play with.

Now Tiffany could hear someone opening the lock and her mind became a little lighter. Now she would see Jessica. Jessica would keep her company and talk with her. She wouldn't have to be alone anymore...

For Tiffany had felt surprisingly lonely after Siwon left her. Her life had revolved around her plans of getting Siwon for so long that now, after what happened, she suddenly didn't have anyone to go to. There was no one who she could talk to, she didn't have any friends. Except Jessica.

'Hello!' Tiffany greeted Jessica, with her usual eyesmile, as the brunette opened the door.

Jessica's eyes turned cold as she saw Tiffany.

'What are you doing here?' came the blunt answer.

'Huh? Can't I come to my see my friend?' Tiffany asked a little surprised.

'I'm not your friend,' Jessica replied. She was obviously angry.

'Excuse me?' Tiffany frowned.

'I wouldn't've believed that you'd go that far,' Jessica growled. 'Don't you know how hurt Sooyoung is right now?!'

Tiffany felt a hint of guilty, but she managed to get a smirk on her face.

'So she came to you? Well, that's good, right? You got what you wanted.'

'This is not what I wanted! I never wanted her to get hurt,' Jessica hissed. 'I hope your happy now. Good bye.'

Jessica was about to pull the door closed, but Tiffany stopped her, startled. Was Jessica going to abandon her?

'Can we talk?' she hastily asked.

'No. I never want to see you again.' And with that, Jessica closed the door.

 

'Who was it?' Sooyoung asked as Jessica walked back to the kithen.

Jessica glanced at her. Sooyoung had raised her look from her homework to Jessica and was now staring at her, questioning.

'Tiffany,' Jessica replied colorless.

'Oh,' Sooyoung said and looked back at her homework. Jessica could see pain flash behind her eyes.

Jessica walked to the kitchen sink and turned around to look at the girl sitting by her kitchen table. They had gone to get Sooyoung's stuff when Siwon wasn't home and Sooyoung had lived in Jessica's for a few days now.

Their living together had gone well, they didn't have much disagreements. However, the situation was unclear. They hadn't talked about what had happened or about their relationship. Jessica didn't want to pressure Sooyoung, but the situation was slowly getting her frustrated.

Sooyoung scribbled something down on her notes. Then she glanced at Jessica, a small smile appearing on her face, when she saw the girl staring at her. Then she looked back at her notes and the smile vanished. She let out a sigh and continued with her notes.

She had been like that ever since she broke up with Siwon. She had seemed so sad and weary... She didn't talk much or smile like she used to. Jessica really wanted to help her and make her feel better, but she didn't know how. She could make Sooyoung smile when she was with her and hugged her or held her hand, but as soon as Jessica left, Sooyoung would turn sad again.

Jessica cast her look to the floor. It hurt her to see Sooyoung like this. She wanted to help her and make her happy, but her being there wasn't enough, she couldn't take the pain away. But what more could she do?

Jessica's gaze moved to Sooyuong's hand on the table. For a while she thought about grabbing it, but then she gave up the idea. She didn't want to disturb Sooyoung, when she was doing her homework.

Jessica suppressed a sigh and started walking to the living room. As she got there, she sat down on the couch and lifted her feet up. She wrapped her arms around her legs and layed her forehead agains her knees.

How she hated Tiffany and Siwon. Why did they have to do this to Sooyoung? She used to be so happy and smiling, and now... Sigh...

'Jessica?' she heard Sooyoung's voice near her.

Jessica raised her head to look up at the girl. Sooyoung sat down next to Jessica.

'What's wrong?' Sooyoung asked worried.

'Nothing,' Jessica replied, trying to smile. 'I'm fine.'

Sooyoung frowned slightly. She took Jessica's hand in hers and looked her in the eyes.

'I don't want you to feel bad,' she said. 'If it's because of me -'

'No, I told you, I'm fine,' Jessica assured smiling. 'You don't have to worry about me.'

Jessica squeezed Sooyoung's hand. A small smile appeared on Sooyoung's face. She leaned on Jessica and snuggled her head against her neck. Jessica wrapped her arms aroung Sooyoung.

'I'm sorry about this situation,' Sooyoung whispered.

'Don't be. It's not your fault,' Jessica said.

They sat there like that for a while. Neither of them said anything. Then the doorbell rang.

'Again?' Jessica said incredulous.

'If it's Siwon, you don't have to open,' Sooyoung said.

'Maybe I don't go,' Jessica said and hid her face in Sooyoung's hair. She wanted to stay here with Sooyoung . The one at the door could go away.

'You have to,' Sooyoung said sounding a little amused, and sat up straight.

Jessica sighed. She stood up and walked away from the living room and to the front door. The doorbell rang again. Yeah yeah, I'm coming.

Jessica opened the door. As she saw the person on the other side, her eyes widened in surprise. No. No no, what was she doing here?

'Jessica!' exclaimed a longhaired girl with a wide smile on her face. She spread her arms for a hug. It was Kwon Yuri.

Jessica quickly glanced at both directions on the hallway. There was no one. Then she roughly grabbed Yuri's arm and pulled her inside.

Yuri's eyes widened in surprise as Jessica pulled the door closed and pressed Yuri against the wall. Jessica stared in Yuri's eyes and held her against the wall from the shoulders.

'I didn't realize you missed me this much,' Yuri said and gave a smirk.

'What are you doing here?' Jessica growled.

Yuri seemed a bit offended.

'I came to see you. I missed you, you know?' she replied.

'Did someone see you? I mean, did Tiffany see you?' Jessica ignored Yuri's answer.

'Who's Tiffany?'

'She was here just few minutes ago. Dark hair, strong eyeliner.'

'Oh, yeah, I saw her,' Yuri smiled. 'But don't worry, she didn't notice me.'

Jessica sighed from relief and let go of Yuri.

'Is she your girlfriend?' Yuri asked.

'No.'

'Then who is she?'

'Someone I know,' Jessica replied evasively. 'But what matters is that she knows about you. And I'm sure she'd be glad to report about you to your parents.'

'Well, I've been able to avoid them this far so...' Yuri said confidently.

'This is not just about you,' Jessica said in low voice. 'Haven't you thought about what will happen to me, if they find out I knew where you were all the time?'

'Jessica?' came Sooyoung's voice from another room. They heard steps coming closer.

'Oh, you're not alone?' Yuri whispered.

Sooyoung appeared to the sight. She stopped as she saw Yuri. Jessica glanced at Yuri, who was staring at Sooyoung and realized that they were standing a bit too close to each other. She stepped back.

'Sooyoung, this is Yuri, an old friend. Yuri, this is Sooyoung,' Jessica awkwardly introduced.

'Hello,' Yuri greeted gladly. 'Are you Jessica's girlfriend?'

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica, not knowing what to say. Was she? And if she was, was she supposed to say so?

'Yeah, um, Yuri was just leaving, right Yuri? Jessica hastily said turning to Yuri. 'She just dropped by to say hello.'

'What? No! I need somewhere to stay,' Yuri exclaimed.

'Well, you have money, go to hotel,' Jessica said and pushed Yuri towards the door.

'Jessica!'

'Jessica,' Sooyoung said. Jessica stopped and looked at the girl. 'Why don't you let her stay? She only just got here.'

'That's right! I came all the way here and now you just throw me out,' Yuri said looking at Jessica offended.

'I didn't ask you to come...' Jessica muttered.

'Pleaase Sica,' Yuri begged.

Jessica looked at Sooyoung. The girl nodded approvingly. Jessica sighed defeated.

'Fine,' she agreed. 'Yuri can stay for tonight.'

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers :D It's an update again. And now, Yuri is in the story. There'll be more about her in the next chapter, and also Yoona will appear after a long time. I won't be able to write this weekend, and I also gave up with deadlines, so from now on: no as regular updates as this far. But don't worry, there won't be long breaks ^^ See you next time!