Chapter 19

How much is enough?

’Yes sir, I’ve found her. I can’t really talk right now but I’ll call you later as soon as I’m out of here,’ Yoona waited for Mr. Kwon’s reply before she quit the phone call.

Yoona walked out of toilet and came to a cafe hall. She started to walk back to the table, where a black haired girl was sitting.

It had been easy to get Yuri here. All she had to do was to hang out near Jessica’s house and go to her door after she saw Jessica leave the house. Yuri had been willing to come with her.

‘Sorry, I had to take that,’ Yoona apologized as she got back to their table.

‘It’s okay. Who was it?’ Yuri asked smiling.

‘My employer,’ Yoona replied avoiding Yuri’s gaze.

‘Oh, what did they want?’ Yuri continued.

‘They wanted to know whether I’m going to get one job done and I said they don’t need to worry about it,’ Yoona said. ‘But back to you. What have you been doing all this time after you quit modeling?’

‘I’ve been travelling mostly,’ Yuri replied. ‘But it gets a bit tiring after a while. Now, I would like to find a place to stay.’

‘Well, why don’t you just stay here?’ Yoona asked.

'Because this is where my family lives,' Yuri replied.

Yoona raised her eyebrows. Yuri started to explain.

‘Um… My family… they didn’t really like me leaving and I don’t think they will be too happy to hear about my plans.’

‘Why didn’t they like you leaving?’

Yuri smiled at Yoona and took a sip from her coffee not answering her question. Yoona watched Yuri.

She is so pretty… But I don’t know. I like her but I feel bad. I’m going to reveal her to her parents. Would it really be so bad? I mean, what’s going to happen to her if her parents find her. They’re just missing her, right?

‘Do you think your parents are still mad at you? What if you would go and talk to them?’ Yoona suggested.

But Yuri shook her head.

‘No, I know them and they’re very persistent. If I go, they won’t let me away anymore,’ she replied and stared at the other side of the cafe.

 

Tiffany was standing behind a garbage shelter near Yoona's house. She peeked to the front door at two figures. She knew them both. There were Yoona and with her: Kwon Yuri.

'Bye then,' Tiffany heard Yoona say. She gave Yuri a small smile.

Yuri waved both of her hands at Yoona.

'Bye. I hope we'll see again,' she said smiling widely.

Yoona smiled back at the girl.

Tiffany scoffed. What was this? Did Yoona really like that annoying girl? She wasn't nowhere near as pretty as Tiffany.

Yoona turned and walked inside her house, while Yuri started walking along the street. Tiffany waited until the door had closed behind Yoona, before she skittered after Yuri.

'Hey, you,' Tiffany called when she was only a few steps behind Yuri.

The girl stopped and turned around. She gave Tiffany a questioning expression.

'Why were you with Yoona?' Tiffany asked with a cold expression on her face.

'Why? Who are you? Yoona's overprotective girlfriend?' Yuri said back.

Tiffany blinked a few times. Overprotective girlfriend?

'This is not about me now,' Tiffany growled then. 'I wanna know what you have with Yoona.'

Yuri chuckled quietly. Definitely her girlfriend. Or an admirer.

'Maybe you should ask Yoona if your so concerned,' Yuri suggested with a mocking smile.

She turned around and rolled her eyes, when Tiffany couldn't see. She started walking again, but Tiffany stopped her.

'Stay away from Yoona,' she growled. She's mine.

'I don't know if I will,' Yuri said glancing at Tiffany over her shoulder. 'She's so cute you know..'

Tiffany shot Yuri a threatning glare. Yuri chuckled and hurried along the street, leaving Tiffany stand where she was.

Tiffany scoffed as she shot Yuri one more glare, before she turned around, flipping her hair, and walked to the front door.

That girl... I hope she understood what I told her. If she's planning to take Yoona from me -

Tiffany stopped in her thoughts. Wait a minute.. Why was she thinking something like this? It's not like she really liked Yoona that much. She just wanted to live with her, because she didn't want to live alone.

But why did she react this strongly? Yoona wasn't her girlfriend. Why did she care so much?

Ah, I must be really going crazy...

 

'Jessica?' Sooyoung called from the living room as she heard the front door open.

'Yes,' she heard the girl answer.

Jessica walked into the living room and smiled at Sooyoung. Then she averted her eyes, looking a bit nervous. Sooyoung tilted her head.

Jessica then smiled again and walked up to Sooyoung. She sat down next to her.

'Jessica I-'

'You know-'

They started at the same time and stopped.

'You first,' Sooyoung said.

'Okay... Um...' Jessica started. She grabbed Sooyoung's hand. 'You've stayed inside a lot lately... and I thought that maybe we should go out. It could cheer you up.'

Jessica smiled shyly at Sooyoung. Sooyoung chuckled.

'Yeah, sounds good,' she said. Jessica's smile widened. 'Why did you act so nervous?'

'Because... no reason,' Jessica said.

'Aw, tell me,' Sooyoung persuaded.

Jessica sighed and shook her head.

'I though that maybe you don't want to go,' she confessed.

Sooyoung stared at Jessica for a second.

'Well, I do. Should we go right now?' she smiled.

Jessica nodded and stood up. Sooyoung went to get her bag from the bedroom. That's when she remembered what Yuri had told her.

Jessica is worried about you. And she's suffering from the situation between you two.

Sooyoung frowned. Was this what it had meant? Jessica had been so awkward just now...

Sooyoung grabbed her bag and went to front door, where Jessica was waiting. They went out of the door and walked to the stairs. Sooyoung walked behind Jessica and watched her.

I told everybody that I love Jessica. But still I've been only thinking about myself for the past weeks. I didn't think how Jessica must've felt about all this...

They reached the base floor and stepped out to the street. Jessica turned to Sooyoung, a smile on her face.

'Where do you want to go?' she asked.

'Oh.. Wherever you want to,' Sooyoung replied, still in her thoughts.

'Okay,' Jessica said and started walking towards a bus stop.

They reached the empty bus stop and sat on a bench.

'Jessica, you know what?' Sooyoung started.

'Yes?'

'I went to...' how should she call it? 'to my old apartment today. I went to get my shirt.'

Jessica nodded.

'Siwon appeared there...' Sooyoung continued. 'And I told him that we're over and that I don't love him anymore.'

Sooyoung turned to look at Jessica, who stared at her.

'So he won't bother us anymore,' Sooyoung finished.

Jessica nodded. Sooyoung waited for some kind of reaction, but didn't get it.

'Yah, Jessica! Say something!'

'Oh, that's great,' Jessica hastily said and nodded her head smiling. 'So... Does this change anything?'

'Like, between us?' Sooyoung asked. 'Maybe..'

'Maybe?'

'Probably.'

'Oh, our bus is coming,' Jessica said and stood up.

The bus stopped and they got in. They walked to the very end of the bus and sat there.

'By the way, where are we going?' Sooyoung asked.

'I don't tell you,' Jessica said.

'What? Jessica...' Sooyoung pleaded.

Jessica smiled widely and grabbed Sooyoung's hand.

'You seem so much happier now,' she said.

'Yeah...' Sooyoung averted her eyes from Jessica. 'I guess I feel better now, when things are over with Siwon.'

Sooyoung kept staring at her lap. Jessica tilted her head.

'Is there still something wrong?' she asked.

Sooyoung sighed.

'I still have to tell my parents... They're not gonna like it. They loved Siwon,' she replied. 'And then... Jessica, I know you've been worried about me and us, and I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you.'

Sooyoung looked at Jessica apologetically. Jessica gave her an assuring smile.

'You don't have to make it up to me,' Jessica said. 'Just be happy again, okay?'

Jessica held Sooyoung's hand tighter.

'I try,' Sooyoung promised and smiled.

Jessica answered the smile and leaned forwards to hug Sooyoung.

Please be my girlfriend soon..

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Aagh, it's been so long! -.- But my chapter got deleted, again, because of the server change. I had worked hard on it and I really didn't want to write it all again. I finally did, though. But this week I started at a new school :D and I've been extremely busy. I don't know how much time I'll have to write and I think you'll have to wait for the next update for some time... Mianhe.

I hope you still remember this story and I'm sorry that it took so long to update. Now there's only a few chapters left! Please, keep reading :)