Chapter 1

How much is enough?

‘Thank you Mrs. Choi, the food was excellent. We really enjoyed ourselves, thank you,’ Siwon said and bowed to his girlfriend’s mom. Mrs. Choi beamed at him.

‘Thank you, Siwon. It’s always so nice to have you two here,’ Mrs. Choi said smiling happily. ‘Um.. would you wait outside when I talk to Sooyoung?’

‘Of course,’ Siwon replied right away. ‘Thank you one more time.’

He turned around and walked out the door.

Mrs. Choi turned her beaming face to her daughter.

‘He’s such a gentleman. So well-mannered and polite. And a medical-student in addition!’ Mrs. Choi said.

‘Yeah...’ Sooyoung nodded. She didn’t know what to say. It was true, Siwon was all that.

‘Me and your dad are so happy for you! We’re happy that you’ve found such a good man to yourself. Have you already talked about marriage?’

‘Mom!’ Sooyoung got embarassed. ‘I’m only 21.’

‘That’s not child anymore! Siwon is perfect for you, I can’t understand why you’d wait. You need to get engaged quickly, so that other girls won’t steal him from you,’ Mrs. Choi said and laughed. ‘No, just kidding sweetie. Siwon would never fall for another girl. He’s a good man.’

Sooyoung nodded.

‘I’ll think about it,’ she promised.

She hugged with her mother and left.

Siwon stood at the foot of the stairs, outside the house. He wrapped his arm around Sooyoung as she came.

‘Well?’ he asked.

‘They loved you,’ Sooyoung smiled. ‘Like always.’

Siwon gave her a quick kiss before they walked to his car. It was late and there was dark outside.

As they drove home, Sooyoung thought about what her mother had said about getting married. She glanced at Siwon on the driver’s seat. If they got married, that would mean they’d be together forever. Right?

‘Siwon?’ Sooyoung said.

‘Yeah?’ Siwon said without taking his eyes off the road.

‘Do you love me?’ Sooyoung asked.

Siwon turned his head surprised to look at Sooyoung.

‘Yes. Of course,’ he replied. Then he smiled. ‘Why would you ask something like that all of a sudden?’

‘No reason,’ Sooyoung said. ‘...I love you too.’

Siwon took Sooyoung’s hand in his and turned his eyes back to the road, smiling. Sooyoung kept staring at her boyfriend. She did love him, right? Siwon was handsome and polite and treated her well. Why wouldn’t she love him?

How do you know that you’re in love? she thought suddenly. How does it feel exactly?

 

The next day was Saturday. That meant Sooyoung had to wake up early, for she was working as a morning DJ on the radio.

‘Good morning everybody! You’re listening to AF-radio. I am Choi Sooyoung and with me in the studio is our other DJ Lee Sunny,’ Sooyoung spoke.

‘Good morning!’ Sunny started cheerfully. ‘Today we will talk about traveling. If you have some amazing memory about traveling that you would like to share with us, please call.’

‘Now new music from boygroup 2pm. News coming in half an hour, so stay tuned!’ Sooyoung ended.

Music started and the two girls started to talk with each other. Sunny wasn’t only Sooyoung’s collaegue, but also a close friend of her’s, in and outside the radio station.

‘How was the dinner with your parents?’ Sunny asked stretching her arms.

‘Good. My parents love Siwon,’ Sooyoung told and added: ‘Maybe even too much.’

‘What do you mean?’ Sunny asked.

‘My mom asked me if we’re going to get married soon,’ Sooyoung sighed.

Sunny’s eyes widened and she bursted out laughing. She laughed so hard she almost dropped down from her chair.

‘Married?’ she laughed. ‘Married!’

‘Well, why not?’ Sooyoung said annoyed.

Sunny suppressed her laughter and tried to take more serious look on her face.

‘Do you want to get married?’

‘I don’t know... But why not? I mean, we’ve been together with Siwon for almost two years now, and we love each other.’

‘But you’re only 21!’ Sunny exclaimed.

‘That’s what I said to mom too. But Siwon’s already 24, so maybe I should be more mature-‘

‘But getting married is a big thing Soo!’ Sunny interrupted.

‘I know... But how different can it really be? We’re already living together,’ Sooyoung said.

‘Did you already talk to Siwon about this?’ Sunny asked.

‘No, not yet.’

‘Good,’ Sunny said firmly. ‘Don’t talk to him before you’ve properly thought about this yourself.’

 

Sooyoung’s workday ended at 12 o’clock and she hurried home. She hoped Siwon had cooked, for she was hungry.

As she came to the block of flats, where they lived, she saw that there was a car parked right in front of the front door. It’s doors and trunk were open. An unknown girl was taking cardboard boxes out of the car. She looked about the same age as Sooyoung and she was very beautiful.

‘Can I help you?’ Sooyoung asked the girl.

The brunette raised her head to look at her.

‘Yes,’ she replied briefly, her face expressionless. ‘Take this box.’

Sooyoung was surprised by the girl’s coldness, but did as she told. She bended to lift the box from the trunk. It was heavy.

‘Are you moving in here?’ she asked struggling under the weight of the box.

‘Yes. To 43,’ the girl replied, lifted a lot lighter looking box than Sooyoung’s, and walked inside the building. Sooyoung followed her.

‘I live in 44. We’re neighbours!’ she said.

The girl only snorted.

‘I’m Choi Sooyoung. What’s your name?’

‘Jessica Jung,’ the girl answered.

They squeezed to a small elevator and raised to the third floor. Number 43’s door was open and they walked in. It was a two-room apartment and there was only a few furniture. They layed the boxes on the floor.

‘Thank you, I get the rest myself,’ Jessica said.

‘Okay. If you need anything, I live right next door,’ Sooyoung said and smiled.

Jessica only nodded and left back downstairs. Sooyoung stared after her. What a strange girl... Yet so beautiful. 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

Did you like the first chapter? :) I'll update more soon!

Wow, so many subscribers already. Thank you very much everybody who commented and subscribed ^^