Chapter 15

Would You Fall for a Weird Girl Like Me?

 

She tapped her fingers on the table as she kept on thinking what happened yesterday.

“How come he didn’t tell me?” She asked herself while placing her chin on her palm.

Just then, Chunji entered and found her tapping her fingers noisily on the table. He looked at the table and found her cereal still untouched.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked as he pulled out the chair beside her and sat down.

“Yah Chanhee! How come you didn’t tell me that L.Joe has a new girlfriend?” Sae Yoon asked angrily.

“You don’t know how embarrassing it was for me yesterday. I looked like a total fool.” She said as she hit him in the arm.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he stared into her eyes.

“Honestly.. I- I don’t know.” She mumbled. “I- I still like him Chanhee. I still do. Seeing him with another girl.. it hurts.” She choked as her tears finally falling down her eyes.

“How could he throw away those three years that we’ve been together? How could he just do that?”

“But you didn’t contact him for four years, he didn’t know how you were doing or if you already found someone else. He didn’t know. All he did was waited for those four years, he didn’t know when you were going to come back and then he finally found someone new.” He told her.

“Yeah I know it was my fault for not calling him or even bothered messaging him. But couldn’t he wait for me? If he truly loves me then he will wait right? I thought he loved me? Then why?” She cried even more.

Chunji soothed her and embraced her as he caressed her arm. “Don’t cry.”

She hit him on the chest while repeating the same question again and again. “Why?”

She cried even more as she remembered L.Joe promising her he won’t ever replace her with any other girl. But he broke it. He broke his promise.

“Shhh. It’s okay.” Chunji couldn’t do anything to make things better, all he could do was just be there for the girl that he likes and try to make her feel better.

 

 

“Are you really okay?” L.Joe asked worriedly as he looked at her.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She managed to give him a smile.

He tightened his hand against hers and looked into her eyes, “You’ve been awfully quiet since yesterday.. Tell me what’s wrong. I know there’s something bothering you.”

“I’m fine L.J- oppa. Stop worrying about me. You’re just going to stress yourself out grandpa.” She teased.

L.Joe decided to drop the matter and just make Hae Rin be the one to open up to him about it.

They both walked inside L.Joe’s dad’s company, earning a sigh from L.Joe since he didn’t even want to step another foot in this place. He didn’t even want to see his dad anymore as his dad cut the ties with them ever since his mom and dad got into that fight.

“Are you okay?” Hae Rin asked as she L.Joe staring blankly at his father’s office door.

“Can I help you?” A woman asked as she spotted the two from her desk. She walked towards them and raised an eyebrow as she asked, “What are you two doing here? Did you make an appointment with President Lee?”

She looked at them from head to toe as if judging them as to why two teenagers would ask to seek out the president.

“No, we didn’t.” L.Joe answered.

“Then I suggest you leave first and make an appointment because right now, President Lee is busy.” The woman said sternly, giving them a look as if to say ‘Leave now and don’t come back. Go and have your date somewhere else.’

“My dad asked me to come here.” L.Joe told her.

“Oh.” The woman gasped and quickly bowed. “I’m sorry for not realizing it sooner Mr. Byunghun. I will quickly inform him that you have already arrived.”

She went to her desk and grabbed the phone to call. As she finished, she went back to them and smiled at L.Joe as she motioned for him to go inside. Hae Rin was just about to follow behind when the woman stopped her and motioned for her to sit at the couch near the woman’s desk to wait.

L.Joe exhaled and turned the knob of the door. He went inside and saw his dad sitting at the back of a huge table right in front of him. His dad smiled and got up as he saw L.Joe entering the room. He went to him and gave him a pat in the back, “Nice to see you Byunghun. How are you?”

“Please just get to the point.” L.Joe told him.

“Why don’t we take seat first and have a cup of tea?” His dad asked with a smile as he motioned for them to sit on the couch.

 

Meanwhile, Hae Rin was outside, staring at the ceiling since she didn’t have anything to do. The woman would look at her from time to time, to check up on Hae Rin whether she was touching things or being an annoying brat.

Hae Rin would pout and swing her legs from time to time, earning a glare from the woman, as if she was thinking that Hae Rin might end up destroying the displays and figurines because of her uncontrollable leg. Hae Rin decided to go to the restroom and when she came back, she found a man in a business suit at the desk of the woman.

Instead of sitting beside the woman’s desk, she decided to sit somewhere near the office door.

“Oh you’re here again I see.” The woman smiled as she recognized the man. “President Lee is seeing someone right now, so please wait for a while. Do you want a cup of coffee Mr. Kang Dongwon sshi?”

Hae Rin’s head shot up as she heard the familiar name. Kang Dongwon. It rang into her ears.

Please don’t let it be him. Please. She begged. I spent all this time just to run away from him and to be free from him.

“It would be appreciated.” He said. “I’ll be going into the restroom first.”

Hae Rin tensed up as she heard the voice. Now, she was sure that it was him, her father. Her father was here, in L.Joe’s company, out of all the places.

“Um miss, do you want something to drink as well?” The woman asked her.

“Ah-- I’m fi-ne. Thank you.” She hurriedly said as she stood up from her seat and walked away with her head down so the he wouldn’t be able to catch a glimpse of her.

Dongwon was patiently waiting outside as he was drinking his coffee when L.Joe went out of his father’s office.

The woman stood up and politely bowed with a smile.

L.Joe looked around and to see that Hae Rin was nowhere in the room. “Have you seen Hae Rin?” He asked the woman.

“Oh, you mean the girl that you were with, Mr. Byunghun? I saw her going down the lobby.” The woman replied.

“Oh I see. Thank you then.” L.Joe said and walked to the elevator door.

Dongwon stood up from his seat with his eyebrows furrowed and went to the woman, “Did he just say that the girl he was with was named Hae Rin? Do you know how she looked like?”

“Yeah. Hmm.. I'm not too sure but if I could remember it right... I have her name here on the guest list.” The woman said as she took out her record book and scanned through the list of names.

“Here. Kang Hae Rin.” The woman showed the record to him and pointed at the name.