Chapter 14

Would You Fall for a Weird Girl Like Me?

 

A tall and skinny girl with long wavy brown hair stepped out of the airport. She looked around and sniffed the refreshing air of her surroundings.

Her eyes landed on a group of guys who were chattering and laughing their heads off. She quickly giggled as she quickly recognized them.

“Hey guys!” She called out as she removed her shades from her eyes and then waved at them with a smile on her face.

“Oh hyung! It’s Sae Yoon!” Ricky nudged Chunji on his side and pointed at her direction.

She went towards them and quickly hugged each one of them. “God. I missed you all so much.”

She looked around, looking for that missing someone and finally asked, “Where’s Byunghun?”

“He.. uh… couldn’t make it.” CAP lied as he scratched the back of his neck.

Chunji looked at him then glared at him for covering L.Joe up.

“Oh, really? That’s too bad then.” Sae Yoon sighed but then managed to just smile again so that she won’t make the boys feel bad for being disappointed since L.Joe wasn’t around.

“Do you want to grab lunch with us first? Or should we drive you back to your condo?” Chunji asked.

“Can’t you just drive me to Byunghun’s house? I really want to see him.” Sae Yoon told him.

“He’s not home. His dad asked him to stop by at the office so...” Niel quickly said.

“Oh okay then.” Sae Yoon was starting to feel weird because of the boys’ action and the one who seem normal among them was just Chunji. “Just drive me to my condo. I’m feeling dizzy. I want to rest for a while and maybe we could go out after?” Sae Yoon suggested.

“Yeah sure.” The boys agreed and drove her to her condo.

As soon as the boys left, Sae Yoon hailed a cab and went on her way to L.Joe’s house.

Even though she knew that L.Joe wasn’t at home just like the boys had told her, she wanted to surprise him when he comes back from his dad’s office. She wanted to see the face of the guy that she had missed so much. She wanted him to hold her in his arms and kiss her endlessly. But she had this worry inside of her. He may ignore her since she never contacted him ever since she left. She promised that she’ll come back after a year but she didn’t.

She arrived at his front door and took out her spare key from her purse. She went inside his house and smiled as she remembered every detail of it, nothing changed.

“Um, who are you?” Someone asked behind her and she turned around to be greeted by a girl.

She looked shocked since she knew that L.Joe never brought any girl to his home. No actually. She knew that L.Joe never brings anyone to his home except for her and the rest of Teen Top.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?” Sae Yoon asked back, not answering the girl’s question because she thought that the girl was a trespasser.

“I’m Hae Rin. I live here.” The girl told her. “You look familiar. Do I know you?”

“Don’t lie to me. I know you don’t live here since Byunghun never let some ‘nobody’ enter his house. What are you doing here really? Are you trying to steal something? And how did you get in here?” Sae Yoon walked towards her and looked at her in the eyes as she crossed her arms.

“Wait. You know L.Joe oppa?” Hae Rin blinked at her.

The word oppa rang into Sae Yoon’s ears, Did she just call him oppa? Does this girl really live with Byunghun?

Sae Yoon looked at her with judging eyes and Hae Rin just gave her a smile and said, “Don’t worry about me. I’m no harm. If you don’t believe me, I’ll call him and tell him that you’re here. What’s your name again?”

“Ah, no need. I’ll just drop by again later.” Sae Yoon told her and walked towards the door.

“You can stay if you want. I think he’ll be back soon.” Hae Rin smiled at her.

“Alright. I’m Sae Yoon by the way.” She finally told Hae Rin.

Hae Rin’s jaw dropped and quickly covered as she gasped then confusion was written all over her face. “You mean, you’re Byunghun’s sister? Aren’t you supposed to be dead?”

“Excuse me? I’m what? His sister?” Sae Yoon asked.

Just then, L.Joe walked in and his eyes widened as he saw Sae Yoon standing in his living room.

“Sae Yoon ah.” He called her and she quickly turned around. Her face quickly brightened as soon as she saw him. She quickly went towards him and gave him a tight hug. “Byunghun ah. I missed you so much.”

Hae Rin felt like an outsider since she didn’t know what was going on. She had thought that this girl was Byunghun’s sister but his sister is dead, so she couldn’t possibly be her.

He pushed her away and looked at her, “What are you doing here?”

“Is that what you’re going to tell me after all these years? Not even an ‘I miss you too’ or an ‘I love you’? You weren’t even at the airport earlier.” She pouted.

“No seriously Sae Yoon, I’m not kidding. What are you doing here?” L.Joe asked in a serious manner.

Hae Rin never seen L.Joe like this before, the L.Joe she knew was fun, caring, and kind.

“I told you didn’t I? I missed you. And what’s wrong on coming here to see my boyfriend?” Sae Yoon said.

Hae Rin heard this and her eyes widened. Boyfriend? So you mean, all this time, I thought the girl that L.Joe was mumbling about and the girl in the picture was her sister but turns out it’s his girlfriend? Then Byunghun never liked me. He just liked me because he pities me.

Hae Rin stood there frozen, tears flowing down her cheeks as she could feel her heart shattering into pieces.

“Yah! Lee Byunghun! Are you just going to stare at me like that?” Sae Yoon asked.

Hae Rin looked down and started walking towards the door. She wanted to leave because she didn’t want ruin their time alone.

L.Joe stopped her by grabbing her wrist and asked. “Where are you going?”

Hae Rin tried to compose herself but her voice ended up shaky. “Going out for a walk.”

L.Joe looked at her, trying to search for her eyes but she just looked down, not daring to look up at him because he will see that she’s crying. “Hey. Nothing’s-” He started but before he could even finish Hae Rin let go of his grip and made a run to the door.

L.joe was just about to run after her when Sae Yoon grabbed him. “Who is she anyway?”

“She’s my girlfriend.” He stated causing her to let go off him and just stared blankly.

L.Joe left her standing there and went after Hae Rin. He saw her walking towards the park near their house and quickly ran towards her.

“Yah Hae Rin.” He called as he caught her arm and she looked up at him.

L.Joe saw the tears that were flowing down her cheeks. He raised his arms and wiped the tears away.

“Why are you crying?” He said softly as he gazed at her eyes.

Hae Rin looked away and he sighed, “Nothing’s going on between me and Sae Yoon. That was in the past. You’re the girl that I love, Hae Rin.”

She looked up at him and asked, “Why didn’t you tell me that you had a girlfriend?”

“Cause it didn’t matter to me anymore. You’re the girl that I like not her.” He told her and wrapped his arms around her.

She placed her head in his chest and sighed.

Hae Rin still couldn’t get over the fact that even though L.Joe told her that the girl that he likes is her, she still couldn’t help but think that L.Joe might still like the girl. It hurt her just thinking about it but she didn’t want to make a big deal out of it so she just trusted his words.

 

 


Author's note: Hi, I know it's been a month but no hate please. School is always hectic so forgive me please. So, how was this chapter? Hae Rin finally met the girlfriend. Omg. I mean, ex girlfriend. What will happen in the next chapter? Stay tuned guys! I'll try update as soon as I can so please do wait for it! Anyway, thank you for always waiting patiently for my updates! Love you all~ ^^