Chapter 10

Would You Fall for a Weird Girl Like Me?

Hae Rin's POV:

“Hae Rin ah!” someone called and shook me.

I looked up and saw L.Joe looking at me.

“Neh?” I asked.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he sat beside me.

“Neh! Why do you ask?”

“I just… I saw you spacing out again…” he said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Ah… I just remembered something,” I said as I looked down at my hands.

“About your mom?” L.Joe asked in a soft voice.

“Yeah, we used to come here when I was a little girl.” I said sadly.

“Hyung! I’m going to borrow Hae Rin for a while okay?” Changjo said and quickly grabbed my wrist, “Hae Rin ah, kaja!”

He then dragged me towards a booth. “I’m going to win that for you!” He pointed at the white teddy bear.

“I just have to hit that thing with this hammer as strong as I could.” He said.

He grabbed the hammer looking thing then smashed it down, the meter hit the highest point.

“Waaah! Oppa is so strong! You look cool!” I said amazingly as I gave him two thumbs up.

He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled at me as he handed me the teddy bear. “For you.”

“Komawo!” I beamed as I hugged the teddy bear tightly. “It’s so cute!” I said cheerfully.

Even though Changjo is the youngest, he sure is strong.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder causing me to turn around. I realized that it was C.A.P oppa. “So, shall we?” C.A.P oppa asked.

“Shall we what?” I asked slightly confused on what he was talking about.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He said and dragged me towards another booth. C.A.P oppa and I went to a shooting booth, he grabbed a gun and started popping each balloon without a miss. “Now, you try.” He smirked at me. “Ehh?”

I grabbed the gun and started shooting at the balloons but I kept on missing every time. “Awww, I lost…” I pouted.

“Here, I’ll teach you how.” C.A.P said as he adjusted the gun that I was holding so that it’ll hit the balloon. “You have to relax your shoulders, so that you won’t miss it.”

“Now, pull the trigger and aim for it.” He said.

I relaxed my shoulder and pulled the trigger. The balloon popped. “I did it!” I shouted happily.

“Yeah, you did. But you didn’t win.” He said and stuck his tongue out while I pouted in return.

“Young man, here’s your prize,” the ahjusshi called out and handed him a bunny stuff toy.

“Yah hyung! I’ll be taking Hae Rin now!” Niel said as he quickly dragged me away from C.A.P.

“Let’s go eat ice cream!!!” Niel said as he put his shoulder around me and pulled me close.

“Hae Rin ah…” Niel started.

“Hmmm?” I asked as I looked up at him.

“Do you… by chance… like Byunghun hyung?” Niel asked.

“Mwoh? Me? Like L.Joe? Of course not!” I quickly blurted.

“But… now that I heard your reply, I’m more certain that you like him…” Niel smirked.

“I don’t like him. Really. I don’t.” I said.

“Then why are you blushing?” he teased.

“Am not!” I argued. Now, I could feel the sudden change of temperature on my cheeks.

“Gwenchana, I won’t tell hyung! This is our secret, arasseo? I’ll be rooting for you and Byunghun hyung.” Niel said and made a fighting.

“I already told you that I don’t like him.” I sighed.

Is it that obvious? Am I that easy to read? Aish! If Niel can read me easily, L.Joe can also probably tell that I like him! Eotteokhae?

“Hae Rin ah, what would you like?” Niel asked again.

“Oh, um. Chocolate for me.” I said.

Niel told the ice cream seller our order and paid for it. He turned to me holding up two chocolate ice creams. He grinned at me and gave me my ice cream by hitting it in my nose. “Yah!” I shouted as I wiped the chocolate from my nose. He put the ice cream in my hand and quickly ran off. “Yah! Ahn Daniel!” I yelled as I quickly ran after him.

Someone grabbed my hand and whispered, “Looks like someone is having fun.”

I looked up and saw Ricky smirking at me. He quickly let go of me and walked away.

“Yah.” I shouted as I followed him. Now, I lost sight of Niel thanks to some jerk.

He sat by the bench and I stood in front of him. “Do you need anything from me?” He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

“No.” I mumbled.

“Then aren’t you going to leave?” He asked.

“I am, but I don’t know where I would go… so…” I said as I saw him on his phone.

I sat down beside him and stared at my hands when I remembered something about a certain someone. But I couldn’t remember who that certain person was nor remember what happened. I closed my eyes and thought for a while.

“What are you thinking about?” Ricky asked as I opened my eyes and looked at him.

His eyes were still glued to his phone. “Just… a certain person…” I said and smiled.

He finally looked at me and asked, “A certain person huh? What? Your lover?”

“Aniyo! He’s a kid! How can he be my lover?” I asked.

“You like a kid? Isn’t he a little too young to be dating you?” He chuckled.

“Yah! It’s not like that! What I meant was that we were both kids that time.” I sighed as I shook my head.

“I met him here… in this amusement park…” I smiled as I remembered. “I got separated from my mom. I cried because I was scared that my mom left me. Just then, a boy went to me and asked if I was okay. He told me that my mom will find me soon and that everything would be alright. He smiled at me reassuringly. Even though we only get to spend a little time together, I am thankful to that kid…” I smiled as I looked down at my feet and started kicking the ground.

“And the kid promised that you’ll see each other again…?” Ricky said as he stared at me.

“How did you know?” I asked as my eyes widened.

“It’s obvious.” Ricky muttered and went back on playing his phone.

“Hae Rin ah! I was looking for you! Niel said he lost you, good thing I found you!” Chunji said as he smiled at me. “Oh. So you were with Ricky huh?”

“She wasn’t with me, hyung.” Ricky stated and left.

“What’s up with him?” Chunji just shook his head and grabbed my hand.

“Kaja!” He winked as he dragged me towards a restaurant. As I was being dragged away, I saw that Ricky's "uninterested" look turned into a frown.

 

“Waaah! This steak is very yummy!” I said as chewed it down.

“Do you like it?” Chunji asked.

“Of course!” I beamed and continued eating my food.

“Hae Rin ah, I’ve been wanting to ask you…” Chunji started.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Do you like Byunghun?” He asked as he looked at me seriously.

“Byunghun? Aniyo. Why do you ask?” I asked.

First, it was Niel, now, Chunji too. Why does everyone keep on asking me if I like Byunghun? I mean, I do like him but they shouldn't rub it in my face.

“Ani, it’s just that-" Chunji started. “Look, I know you like L.Joe, but I just want to warn you. There’s a chance that he won’t like you back. I just wanted to tell you that don’t fall for him deeply.”

Hearing that coming out from my closest friend's mouth ached my heart. Of course I'm not wishing L.Joe to like me back cause I doubt that he even likes me.

But why was he telling me all this? I don’t understand what he is trying to say or point out.

“I don’t like L.Joe. To me, he is just like a brother. You don’t have anything to worry about.” I lied as I forced a smile.

“I also wanted to tell you about something…” Chunji started. “The other day… there was someone-“

Chunji’s phone rung, he looked at the caller and his eyes widened. He excused himself as he went out of the restaurant.

Now, what should I do about my feelings? I already know that he doesn’t like me… He treats me like a sister, like a friend, that’s all. That’s all we’ll ever be. Friends. I sighed at the thought.

“Hae Rin ah, miahne. But… I think I might have to leave you already.” Chunji said sadly. “But I promise to make it up to you some other time.”

“Gwenchana,” I smiled as he waved at me then he left.

I sighed. So what am I supposed to do now?

I stood up to leave when a waiter stopped me, “Agashi, the bill.”

“I’ll pay for it.”

I turned around and saw L.Joe standing next to me. “Chunji called me. He told me he left you here. Isn’t he such a jerk? Leaving you. And you even prefer him more than me.” He stated as he paid the bill.

“Yah, he didn’t leave me. It was something important, of course he should go.” I defended.

“And now you’re even defending him?” He said and left the restaurant.

What’s up with him?? Getting all mad up suddenly.

I followed him outside and saw that he was walking with his hands in his pockets.

“Byunghun ah!” I called as I ran after him.

“Bwoh?” he asked coldly.

“Why are you mad? Did I do something wrong?” I asked.

“What do you think?” he asked.

He sounds mad alright. Wait, why is he even mad in the first place? Is he jealous or something? And why would he be jealous?

“Oppa, miahne. But you don’t have to be jealous cause I like you more than Chunji.” I beamed at him.

He didn’t respond, he just continued walking, completely ignoring me.

“Oppa, let’s ride the Ferris wheel.” I said and started dragging him.

We went inside the Ferris wheel and L.Joe was sitting in front of me. He was looking outside the window. Still ignoring me.

Does he hate me that much that he is totally ignoring me? I looked at him again and sighed. “Do you hate me?”

He looked at me weirdly and said, “Why would I hate you?”

“You were just ignoring me a little earlier. And I don’t even know why.”

“That’s because you spent almost the whole day hanging with other guys and not even bothering about me.” He pouted.

Aigoo. So that is what this is all about.

“But, I’m already spending some time with you.” I smiled.

The Ferris wheel stopped at the top and I glanced outside. I saw a beautiful night scene. Lights everywhere. It looked like the whole city was happy. And I too, was happy.

“It's beautiful!” I said amazingly as I looked at it even more.

I wanted to treasure it, the happiness that filled the city. I want to treasure it.

“Just like you.” L.Joe mumbled as he stood beside me.

 

end of chapter 10;


author's notes:

Hi guise! It's been 2 months since I last updated? Hoping you guise like it! Especially since it's my bday today! ^^

Updates coming soon again! I'll try to update the following month ohkay? What do you think of L.Joe? Isn't he being too jealous? Hahaha.

Don't forget to READ, COMMENT, LOVE and SUBSCRIBE! New readers + subbies are welcomed and loved! I SARANG YOU GUISE! ><

- kimmy -