Chapter 12

Would You Fall for a Weird Girl Like Me?

 

She spotted Byunghun lying down on the couch with his eyes closed, he was in deep thought. His eyebrows were furrowed and he suddenly messed his hair in frustration.

“What should I do?” She heard him mumble. “I don’t want to hurt any of them..”

“Saeyoon ah..” He mumbled.

It’s that name again.. That’s the name that I saw on the book yesterday.. Who is she anyway? His sister? His.. girlfriend? The last part made her heart throbbed in pain. She didn’t even know why her heart was acting that way.

“I don’t know what to do anymore. Aish!” He said and punched the pillow that was beside him.

“Oppa, why are you so frustrated?” She asked as she sat next to him.

“Ah! Hae Rin ah!” His eyes quickly shot open and sat right up. “Have you been there for awhile?”

“Aniyo.” She lied. “But what do you mean by you don’t know what to do anymore?”

“Ah that’s nothing.” He lied.

“Byunghun ah, you can always tell me anything.” She told him as she reached out and hold his hand. “Since you helped me, I should also help you when you are having problems.”

“It’s really nothing.” He smiled reassuringly.

Why won’t he tell me anything about it? It’s written all over his face that he is having some problems right now. Why can’t he just tell me? Doesn’t he trust me? She thought to herself.

Hae Rin was worrying about him but L.Joe doesn’t seem to want to open up anything to her.

“Oppa, you’re such a bad liar you know that? You tell me that it’s nothing but it’s written all over your face.” She let go of his hand.

“I’m really worried oppa. You always seem so frustrated these past few days. Can’t you please tell me oppa? So that I can help you with it and you won’t get to be frustrated anymore.”

“You’re worried about me?” He suddenly asked.

“Why won’t I worry about you? You are like a brother to me. You are the only person who cares for me. You are like my family.” She said as she looked at his eyes waiting for a reply but he just stared at her.

“If you don’t really want to talk about it then it’s fine with me but just know that I’ll always be here for you.”

“It’s about my dad, he called me the other day. He told me that his company is going down and he needs my help. And you know what? I got really mad because he never once called ever since..” He stopped and looked down at his hands.

“Ever since?”

“My mom and dad got into a fight when I was thirteen. They got a divorce and my mom, sister, and I lived separately from him. One night, when we were eating dinner at a restaurant we saw our dad with another woman. My mom got mad and quickly left, as we were going back home, a van came crashing right into ours. My mom and my sister died and I was the only one who survived. He never called nor even checked up on us ever since and even when they died he didn’t even checked if I was alright.”

Hae Rin quickly put her hands on his and bit her bottom lip. “I’m so sorry Byunghun.. I shouldn’t have asked.”

“Ani. It’s okay. It’s all in the past anyway.”

“I’m really sorry.. but what help does he wants you to do?”

L.Joe just looked at her and she quickly hit , “I’m sorry for asking too much. Forgive my big mouth.”

“Don’t hurt yourself.” He said and grabbed her hands down. “I got mad because he told me that he is setting me up on a blind date for my engagement. He wants me to get engaged to someone who is the daughter of another company that can save his company. All he cares about is his company and nothing more.”

“You really hate your dad then. I mean, how could he do that to you? Leaving you alone when you have no one. It just sounds so unforgivable of him to do that. I guess your dad is just like my dad. All my dad cares about is money. I guess there’s really no perfect people in the world.”

“Thank you for sharing that to me.. I know it must have been hard on you for letting it out.. but I would like to thank you because I got to know more about you. I got to know that the almighty L.Joe isn’t all that mighty anymore, he has his past too.” She said while L.Joe just chuckled at her statement.

“Why? Am I not anymore?” He asked as he looked at her with a sly smile.

“Hmmmm.. I guess you aren’t anymore Byunghun ahjusshi.” She said and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Mwohrago? Did you just call me an ahjusshi?” He asked as he looked at her with a glare.

“Oh no.” She mumbled and quickly got up from the couch and made a run for it.

“Yah, who are you calling ahjusshi huh?” He smiled and quickly chased after Hae Rin, who was now squealing as she saw L.Joe coming after her.

“Ahjusshi huh? We’ll see about that.” He grinned and quickly grabbed a hold of her.

He spun her around so that she’ll be facing him, as L.Joe saw her flustered face, he quickly smirked. “Now who are you calling ahjusshi? Oh and what’s that? Not mighty anymore?”

He quickly carried her bridal style, earning a gasp from the girl.

“Arasso, miahne oppa. Can you please put me down now?” She asked.

L.Joe smirked and pretended to let go of her, causing the girl to squeal and quickly wrap her arms tightly around L.Joe’s neck.

L.Joe smiled in satisfaction and teased, “So, should I really put you down princess?”

She looked up at him and their eyes met, her heart was beating like crazy now. She didn’t know what to do, she didn’t know whether she should break the stare and let go of him already. L.Joe suddenly leaned down, making the distance between their faces smaller.

His eyes suddenly shifted from her eyes to her lips, their faces were just millimeters apart and she could feel his hot breath on her skin. L.Joe’s soft lips touched hers, closing the gap between the two. L.Joe’s lips were soft and gentle. She felt her body shot up, she felt tingly all of a sudden and she could feel her butterflies in her stomach.

But even though she was feeling all these sensations right now she couldn’t help but be confused to why L.Joe was kissing her right now. L.Joe never told her that he likes her. She was very confused at the moment that she didn’t know what to do, she didn’t know whether she should push L.Joe right now or just enjoy the kiss.

She hates to admit it but she didn’t want L.Joe to stop kissing her right now. She didn’t want to let go of L.Joe and for the first time, she hoped that L.Joe feels the same way for her.

 

 

end of chapter 12;

 


 

Author's note: Hello my dear beloved readers, it's been a while since I last updated this.. huhu. :< Well, college life is pretty much keeping me busy so I don't get to update quite often but hey at least I updated right? Anyway, omg! Hae Rin and L.Joe finally kissed!! asdfghjkl. Okay here's a spoiler, actually no.. no spoiler! I'll update as soon as I can! When I have free time I swear to update :)