Chapter 1

Would You Fall for a Weird Girl Like Me?

 

L.Joe's POV:

"Halmoni, kamsahabnida~~," I thanked the old grandmother that lives in the village.

"Aigoo, this young boy... same as always, very kind... yet handsome. Someday, you'll find the perfect girl for your heart."

If only halmoni knew, I already found someone who I truly love.

"Halmoni, I'll be going now," I said as I waved my hand and headed for my car.

As I was headed to my car, something caught my eye, I saw a girl behind my car.

I slowly walked near her, she has bruises all over her.

"Miss, gwenchana?" I asked her as I shook her a little. She opened her eyes, and looked into mine.

She looked at me confusingly and fainted, I caught her in my arms. 

What to do? Should I take her to the hospital? I should take her to the hospital.

I opened my car and carried her inside. I started the car and drove, since the village doesn't have any hospital, I needed to take her to Seoul.

 

Hae Rin's POV:

I woke up in a car, my head was still spinning. Why am I in a car?

"Oh, you're awake already," someone said beside me. I looked at the other side, startled. My hands were shaking.

"Miahne, I didn't mean to scare you..." I turned to look at the person and saw a guy smiling at me.

Can I trust him? I felt the world crashed down, I think I could trust him, I have this feeling that I could trust him.

"Um... w-w-he-re a-are y-you t-taking me?" I stuttered.

"Hospital, I guess," he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"In Seoul? Please don't take me there, please don't," I started panicking.

"Why is there something wrong?" he asked with a worried look at his face.

"Please don't," I pleaded as a tear rolled down on my cheek. My eyes started to close again, the next thing I knew I fell asleep.

 

--FLASHBACK-- (Little Hae Rin)

 

"You naughty little brat! It's all your fault that we're having so much debts, if your mother was around we wouldn't be like this!"

"Appa, miahne, it wasn't my fault that umma is no longer here... miahne," I cried and pleaded him to stop beating me up.

"Brat! It's all your fault that your mother died!!" he shouted and kept on beating me up.

"Appa, stop please? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disobey umma," I pleaded again.

"Get out you brat, you give misfortune! Out!" he said as he kicked me out of the house.

I walked out to the pouring rain, I looked back at our house and stood in the middle of the road. I started to walk but I stumbled down,

"Umma, please come back..." I cried.

 

--end of FLASHBACK--

 

I woke up with a start, my heart was beating like crazy.

"Gwenchana?" he asked.

I sat down at his bed? What am I doing at his bed? Erm, did I overslept?

"I'm Lee Byunghun, but you can call me L.Joe, what's your name?" he asked me as he sat down at the corner of the bed.

"Hae.. Rin... Kang Hae... Rin," I said.

"Do you want to eat?" I nodded my head for an answer.

I stayed at the bed and looked around, is he alone?

L.Joe finished cooking and laid it on the table, "Come eat, although I'm not good at cooking. I'll go grab you a drink."

I got up and walked towards the table, I slowly tried the food he cooked, my eyes widened.

"It's delicious!" I happily said.

"Is it really that good?" he asked behind me.

I didn't know he was there, I nodded my head for answer.

L.Joe got a tissue and wiped it over my mouth, I moved back at his sudden action.

"There was a rice beside your mouth, so I wiped it," he said.

"Kumawo," I said lightly.

"Do you have any place to stay?" he suddenly asked. I shook my head for an answer.

"Can I ask you something? What were you doing there?"

"Um... I don't r-r-really re-e-mmember..." I stuttered.

 

L.Joe's POV:

She finished eating and sat at the corner of the bed. I think she should wash up... but...

I grabbed a shirt and boxers, "Um, I think you should wash. Here I got you some. Ugh, sorry if that's all I can give."

She nodded and took it, at least she has something to wear.

As I was watching the TV, she finished while drying her hair with a small towel.

I stared at her and she sat down at the corner of the bed.

I haven't really gotten to know her since she's always so quiet and lonely. Should I ask about her parents?

I think I should just cheer her up! I walked towards the refrigerator, opened it and inserted my head inside.

"Yah! Help me! Help me!" I said and heard a giggle. I poked my head out and saw that she was smiling.

That's better, I hope she would open up to me more. But at least it's a start.

 

 

Hi, thank you for subscribing! Updates will be slow... so please don't hate me for that! 

- Kimmy Boo :3