Neverland Chapter 13

Neverland

 

NEVERLAND
 
 
Chapter 13
 
(First day on the job)
 
 
My phone started to beep as I cover my head with the pillow and waited for the beeping to stop and finally after what seem like forever it stop. I loosen my grip on the pillow and shifted in bed to sleep once again. Then my phone started to ring.
 
“Dammit I’m trying to sleep”
 
I reach for my phone and pick up the call
 
“Who is it?”
 
“Do you know what time it is your suppose to be here 30 minute ago”
 
That voice sound all to familur, my eyes shot open as I totally forgot that now I am working for the voice on the other line.
 
“I’m give you 20 minute and if your not in in that time say good-bye to your land”
 
He hung up the phone as I ran out of bed bumping into tables and tripping over my suit case.
 
“Crap I didn’t unpack”
 
I grab the first thing out of my suit case and through it on and made my way out the condo and hail a taxi. I made it with 5 minute to spare as I walk up to the guard from last night.
 
“Seem like someone fell out of bed today.”
 
“Do I look that bad?”
 
He smiled and nodded
 
“Here let me help”
 
He reach over and patted a few fly away and tuck my hair behind my ear and try to straighten out my shirt. I was a little surprise he was being so nice but I felt a little weird when he started to touch me. So I back away a little and smile at him.
 
“Thank G.O.-shi”
 
“No problem you better get up there he don’t’ like to be kept waiting”
 
He push the elevtor door open for me as I went inside as the door were closing he wave bye to me all I could do was smile at him. 
 
“He not as bad as I though he was” 
 
I push the button for the 20th floor the elevator jerk up as I check my appearance in the mirror.
 
“OMG I look like crap”
 
No wonder G.O was smiling at me, I probably look like a bum walking in looking like this. I patted down the rest of my hair and fix my shirt knowing that I’m going to hear about this from the evil man I’m about to go see. The elevator door open as I was greeted by his office sectary as look up and down at me as she cover to giggle, I walk out as she walk in to the elevator.
 
“Where do you shop at the thrift store?”
 
I glare over at her as she smirk then the elevator door closed
 
*What a ”
 
I scrunch up my nose at the unpleasant feeling that she gave to me. I never have the need to dress up or try to look good I was to focus on school and work to doll up like a lot of girls around me. I always get tease for dressing down all the time from the unni’s and Minji for in their term I should “dress my y figure.”
 
I walk up to the double door as I knock on it I didn’t hear anything so I grab the knob and turn it. The door open as I step in he was sitting on the couch that was at the side of the room as he was drinking wine he look up form the glass as he stood up and walk around me.
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing, nothing at all I was thinking who is this bum that just walk into my office, I was expecting my new assistance.”
 
“You didn’t give me enough time to get ready”
 
“You should have been up since 5 this morning”
 
“You never gave me the memo”
 
“You should have ask”
 
“You’re the boss you should have told me”
 
“It is always going to be like this with you?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“This”
 
As he gesture at me
 
“Is this really the way your going to act to try and save your damn land?”
 
I gulp down on my saliva as those word trail out form his mouth, he was right if I wanted to keep my land I have to act better and make this idiot happy.
 
“I’m….sorry”
 
“What was that?”
 
“I said I’m sorry”
 
“Good”
 
As he walk over to his desk as he grab his wallet and phone from the table as he pick up a leather case that was on the table. He came over to me and toss me the leather case.
 
“What is this”
 
“Your tablet, it have my schedule and yours of what I expects to be in and at my office, what I like to eat when I like to eat how many sugar I like in my coffee and what brand clothing I wear and what brand shoes and so on.”
 
“Oh is that all”
 
“Don’t’ be a smart ”
 
He then toss me his jacket as he walk to the door as he stare at me and then the door. I finally got the hint as I ran over to the door and open it for him.
 
*Can’t even open his own damn door*
 
“I can open my own door if that what your thinking, but what’s the point in hiring an assistance then.”
 
He walk out as I follow behind him trying to figure out how to use this damn tablet he gave me. It was to high tech for my taste I’m a more simple person never really into the new technology thingy.  We enter the elevator as the door closed I was still fumbling with the damn thing trying to turn it on. Then he snatch the tablet from my hand as he push a button on the top of it as the screen came to life. 
 
“Are you stupid or something”
 
“No I’m not for your information”
 
“Then how long are you planning to search for the on switch on this”
 
As he wave it in front of me
 
“I just never used one before”
 
“No wonder, a poor girl like yourself probably never have the luxury to own something as high tech as this”
 
He handed me back the tablet as I held it to my chest as I mumble a couple of curse word under my breath at him. 
 
The elevator door open as he walk out, people back away and bow to him as he walk by, I never knew how powerful he was, I mean I knew he was the CEO of this company but seeing all these people bowing was interesting.
 
As we made way through all the people I saw G.O near the front as he bow to Jiyong when he pass as he then wave at me I smile and wave back then I slam into something hard as I look up I could see Jiyong looking down at me.
 
“you’re here to work not flirt”
 
“I was not flirting I was just saying hi to G.O-shi”
 
“Whatever get in the car”
 
As the driver open the door for us he got in as I follow right behind him, the door shut as the driver ran over to the driver side and got in and started to drive.
 
“Where to sir”
 
“The Plaza”
 
“Yes sir”
 
The driver said as he started to weave through traffic. 
 
“Why are we going to the plaza?”
 
I ask wondering why is he going shopping when he have a company to run.
 
“To get my new assistant some decent wardrobe, I can’t let you walk around looking like a bum what will people say about me.”
 
*Only care about his image*
 
“Yes I do care about my image”
 
“How?”
 
“Just shut up I need to think right now”
 
I rolled my eyes as I scooted more to the window as I turn on the tablet and figure out how to use this thing,  after a good 10 minute I was so amaze at this thing, it have everything to a webcam, all his contacts, his schedule for the next 2 weeks and his meal plan and what he like and don’t like and his favorite shampoo even to his favorite brand of toilet paper.  
 
“Is he serious” 
 
“Yes I’m serious”
 
I almost drop the tablet when he interrupted my thought I look over to him he was already back to closing his eyes into his deep thinking or whatever he doing. 
 
Another 10 minute we arrived at the plaza it was not as busy because normal people would be at work or school at this time. We got out from the car as he started to walk as I followed him into the plaza we enter a clothing store as a young women came up to us as she bow. 
 
“Hello sir how can I help you”
 
“I need some new clothing for my assistance”
 
She look over at me and scan me up and down.
 
“Sure no problem sir, miss can you follow me this way”
 
I look over at Jiyong as he tilted his head for me to follow the women and so I did as I step into the fitting room I was attack by three women undressing me and measuring my legs and arms.
 
“Yah, watch where you touching, damn it watch where your sticking that thing”
 
After a horrible 20 minute inside the fitting room I was escorted back to the lobby area with a stack of outfit following behind me in two girls hand. 
 
“Finally”
 
Jiyong got up and handed one of the girl his credit card.
 
“Hey I can pay for my own clothing”
 
“Can you”
 
“Pshhh how much can these flimsy little thing cost anyways”
 
“That will be $12,595.65”
 
My mouth unhinge as I heard the amount of money the girl said
 
“What?”
 
“Here take my card”
 
Jiyong handed her the card as she went over to the counter and swipe it.
“How can these cost so much”
 
“I guess you never step into this kind of places before”
 
He stare at me
 
“I forgot you have to have money first to understand”
 
The girls bag my things as they handed it to me I was about to say thank you to Jiyong for buying me these thing and make sure to tell him I’ll pay him back when I can, but he was already out the door as I chase after him as I bow to the girls. 
 
We headed out to another store to buy shoes this time as I spent the next 30 minute trying on heels as I almost die walking just up and down the store in them but even in my state of barley walking in them the boss bought me 5 pairs in 2 black and 1 red and 1 color and another one in a grey/silver color. 
 
The price again made me almost had a heart attack, how can people just spend these kind of money things. When there are hungry children all over the world that would benefit from this kind of money. I shook my head thinking about all the money he just spend in the one hour. 
 
We stop by a salon because my blonde hair was to much for him to look at as he told the stylist to give me a new hair cut and color. After an hour or two the stylist was finally done with me as he wipe the sweat off his forehead and he smile down at me.
 
“You look beautiful.” 
 
He turn me around the chair as I look at myself for the first time in the two hour I been here I almost didn’t recognized the girl in front of me I had light brown hair with a blonde/gold highlight. It was layered as is reach pass my shoulder my face look so smooth after all the waxing and tweezing, the make-up was not heavy at all it almost look like I had none on but still I can tell a different. 
 
Jiyong walk in after who know where he went but he stop and stare at me in the mirror I could almost fell my cheeks burning. He shook his head as he walk up behind me as he look to the stylist.
 
“Still ugly, but not as bad as before”
 
My happy feeling was gone as it was replace with anger.
 
“Honey what are you talking about she look like a goddess.”
 
The stylist said as he took off the cap around my neck and help me up from the chair.
 
“Here”
 
Jiyong handed him the card once again as he went over to swipe it.
 
“Are we done now”
 
I ask as I rub my as it fell asleep sitting in the chair for so long.
 
“We’re done”
 
Then a beeping noise ran through the salon as Jiyong took out his phone and look at the number that was on the phone and roll his eyes.
 
“Take this down”
 
I grab my tablet and turn it on as I pull up my note app
 
“Do not pick up this number”
 
As he showed me the number as I type it into the device and saved it. 
 
“What name should I note it with”
 
“Jen”
 
“Ok”
 
As I type in her name with the number I grab all of the bags and bow to the stylist and follow Jiyong out of the plaza as we went back to the car that was park outside. 
 
“Work time is over I’ll drop you off back at the condo”
 
“Ok”
 
I played around some more with the tablet still getting use to it.
 
“I’ll be sleeping over tonight”
 
My finger stop mid typing as I look up at him with wide eyes as he had a smirk on his face. 
 
“What?”