Chapter 22

Neverland

NEVERLAND: Aftermath

Chapter 22


(Back Home)


“Omma, Appa”

CL ran downstairs to find her parents, they were in there studies like always on the weekend even the work day is over being the boss mean they have to work 24/7. The two took their eyes off their computer and watch their daughter barge into the studies she stop in front of her parents desk as she tried to catch her breathe.

“Sweetied breath in slowly and claim down, take your time we’re not going anywhere”

“OMG I’m accepted”

Her parent look at each other as if not understanding what she was talking about then he handing then a paper. As her mother and father eyes light up as a big smile appear on their face.

“Omo, you got in to Seoul University, I‘m so proud of you”

Chaerin got up and went over ot hug her daughter. G.O. look over the paper in his hand as he look at the mother and daughter.

“Don’t you think it’s a little to far?”

“Appa don’t start I already told you Mason oppa is going to be there and auntie Dara and Minji are there as well.”

“But I can stand knowing my little princess is going to be so far away from me.”

CL made way to her father and hug him

“Mom is taking this way better then you are”

CL poke her dad stomach

“Your our baby and my little princess, how do you want me to act.”

“Daddy I promise to call you everyday and write you letter and we can even video chat everyday, so it feel like I’m home everyday.”

G.O. hug his daughter tighter as Chaerin made way to the other side and hug her husband and daughter.

“OK cry babies let’s break it up before we can’t get any work done”

“Do you need help Omma”

CL peer onto her mother computer

“It’s ok sweetie we’re almost done then we can go out for dinner for the acceptance into college”

“That sound great, can we invite auntie Bommie and uncle Teddy and Mason”

“Of course”

Her mother smile

“Great I’ll call Mason-oppa right now”

CL ran out of the room and back up to her room. Chaerin then grab her husband hands into hers she look over into his eyes gave a reinsuring smile.


DINNER


“I can’t believe you got accepted”

“Why is that oppa?”

“Because your stupid”

“MASON”

Teddy look over at his son

“oppa don’t be jealous”

“What is there to be jealous about”

“That I got in before you did”

“Excuse me we both got it at the same time you just read your letter before I did”

“Still I found out before you”

CL stuck her tongue at her oppa

“Kids how old are you now and your still acting like little 5 years old”

Bommie look at the two, they both look down at their hands then they turn their head at each other with their tongue sticking out at each other.

“Mason, CL stop fighting your food are getting cold”

Chaerin smile at the two kids in front of her.

“Here oppa”

CL place a warm biscuit on Mason plate, and Mason scoop a spoon full of corn for CL

“Thanks oppa”

“HUL, what about your omma”

“Omma you eat to much corn”

That earn him a slap to the back of his head.

“It’s true honey you do eat a lot of corn”

Teddy defended his son.

“So you two are ganging up on me now, so if you like it when your sleeping on the couch tonight/”

“Sweetie don’t you think that a little to harsh”

The two adult bicker back and fourth as the two kids smile and started to eat their food as the table was full of laughter.  


DINNER II


The Kwon gather around the table to have a celebration dinner for GD for being accepted into college, everyone was there his father and his mother and step father and his grandparents and aunt.

“Here is to GD for getting accepted into school and we are happy for you”

His aunt lifted up her glass to toast, everyone else follow suit and toasted to the young man. Finally Jiyong stood up form his seat as he clear his throat. He look over to this son and smile at him as he was so proud of his son.

“GD you been nothing but a gentleman and you work hard in high school and accomplish so much for someone your age. So your aunt and I bought you a condo near your school so you don’t have to drive far.”

“Are you for real appa?”

His aunt got up and ran over to GD and gave him a hug and drop a pair of keys into his hand.

“Nope your father and I think your old enough and smart enough to live on your own and take care of yourself.”

Then Jen stood up as she click her glass to get everyone attention, even if she and the Kwon’s have to ties anymore they still act civilized for their son sake.

“Your step father and I have a present for you as well.”  

She then held out a key in front of her son.

“What’s that for omma”

“Your new car”

“WHAT?”

“Yep we went to go pick it out for you yesterday and it should be park outside by now.”

She drop the key into her son hand as he then scan the keys in his hands one was to his future home and the other to his new car. He look over to his parents as a big smile was plaster across his face.

“Thank you omg thank you, I love you guys”

The adults couldn’t hide their smile the young man excitement.

“Grandpa and I have a gift for you as well”

GD walk over in between his grandparents as he hug his grandma and grandpa.

“As long as I have you guys in my life is enough for me”

“Aigoo how come your sweet unlike your parents”

His grandmother patted his head the young man smile.

“Here”

His grandma drop a small box into his hand, he open it up and found the family ring inside.

“Grandma are you proposing me to, I don’t think grandpa would like that”

His grandma laugh and lightly hit his arm.

“No you silly boy, this is for my future granddaughter-in-law”

“Grandma don’t you think it’s a little to soon to be thinking about that”

“Not at all, and I’m not telling you to marry right now I’m just saying if you find the right girl then this will be fore her.”

“Don’t make the mistake we did with your father”

The three look over to Jiyong and Jen bickering at each other then suddenly stop when they notice eyes on them.

“Thank you grandma and grandpa”

He gave them each a kiss on the cheek and went back to his seat to eat dinner.


2 WEEKS LATER


“OMG we’re here”

CL ran out of the airport as she took in Korea beauty for the first time in her life, everything was so exciting for her the new scenery the people.

“CL don’t go to far you might get run over by a car.”

Her father tell out for her, he look over to his wife as she had a sullen look on her face.

“It’s ok sweetie”

She look up to her husband and smile

“Wow feel weird to be back after all of these years”

Teddy came up behind the couple with his wife trailing behind.

“Sure is”

As the four adult look around and took in the country they have left to many years ago.

“CL watch out, stop running around like a lunatic”

Mason scream after his cousin.


“CL”

“MASON”

The two kids turn around to see two lady running up to them, they both smile as they ran to them as well.

“Aunite Minji, auntie Dara”

CL chime in happiness

“Uncle Wookie your hear to”

“How can I not come to see my niece and nephew”

The three hug

“Where uncle Doongie?”

“He didn’t feel well so he couldn’t make it”

“Aww that I wanted to show him my new bear bricks”

Mason said

“You can show him when you come to our house.”

Dara said as she patted the young boy head.

“Dara-unni, Minji”

The two women were greeted by Chaerin and Bom at the four ran up to each other and hug and started to spin around in a circle.

“How embarrassing”

CL cover her face and so did Mason

“Old people should not do that kind of stuff out in public”

Then the men gave each other a hug and went off talking on there own as the women did they same. After what seem like forever and Mason finally broke up the chit chatting adults and told them to save it when they reach Dara house.

“Doongie look who here”

Dara call out to her brother but no answer.

“Doongie”

Dara then went upstair then came back down.

“I guess he’s not home”

“Well anyways Chae your room and G.O it down this hall to the right and Bom and Teddy yours is upstairs to the left, CL your room is right next to your parents and same go for you Mason.”

Everyone went into their rooms to unpack and freshen up as Dara set up a table fit for a king in the her back yard for her guest. Tonight they will have there long awaited family dinner together, Everyone gather around the table as everyone started to eat and chat among each other.

“So Minji when are you and Seungri going to get married?”

Bom ask as the four women all sat next to each other

“Unni don’t you think that a little to soon”

“To soon you guys been dating for 10 years now, 10 freaking years and your telling me it’s to soon.”

Minji look down at her plate and then back at Chaerin, Chaerin grab Minji hand as the younger friend look up at her.

“Minji your not getting any younger and don’t let what happen to me effect you and Seungri, he a good man and just because he is friend with him don’t mean you should not marry him, I want you to be happy, all of us have already move on with our lives now it’s your turn.”

Minji smile at her unni and gave her a hug.

“Thanks unni I really need to hear that”

After 30 minute into eating the back door open as Cheondoong walk out onto the patio. He look over at Chaerin as their eyes met he couldn’t stand seeing her with G.O. he wanted to go over there and tear them apart but all he could do was watch.

“Uncle Doongie”

Cheondoong look over to the voice as his eye widen there was his love in her younger form sitting next to his sister. She look exactly like Chaerin but he knew it was her daughter but he can’t help to stare at her.

“Doongie come join us”

Teddy patted a place near him, the man walk over to the empty seat as she sat down.

:”How long have you guys been here”

“We’ve been here for a couple of hours now”

Mason said with his mouth full of rubs

“hehe I can see your enjoying the food Mason”

“Oh yes”

“MASON chew with your mouth closed”

Bom yelled at her son

“So CL you must be excited to start school”

“OMG yes I’m super excited”

Cheondoong just kept staring until finally he was brought back when Chaerin showed up next to her daughter.

“Oppa it’s been a long time”

“Yes it have”

The two smile at one another.

“Well I’m full I went eating with a couple of co-worker I better head up to bed have to get up early.”

Cheondoong stood up and left the table.Chaerin went back to sit next to her friends.

“Will he ever forgive me”

Minji and Bom took her hands in theirs

“In due time”

Bom said as she look over to friend.


THE NEXT MORNING


“Are you kids ready for your campus tour”

Teddy scream out

“YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

CL and Mason jump for joy, Teddy and G.O. will go with the kids to their college on their campus tour and find them an apartment near the school and as for the girls they would be out shopping and catching up. Cheondoong left for work with Dong Wook early in the morning.

“Be careful and watch out for cars and also make sure not to touch everything you see”

“Omma claim down we’re just heading out for a little while not going out into war”

Mason laugh, even though Bom stuff his backpack with “the needed accentual” that they might need the two kids headed out to wait near the car for their father.

“Mothers”

Mason shook his head as he smile at CL

“What that’s cute oppa, and watch when we start college and our omma and appa head back home your going to miss this.”

Mason smile faded as he knew when they start school both their parents are going to hope on a plane back to Japan, and that made him quiet sad just thinking about at. He then ran up to his mom and hug her as her eyes widen.

“Honey what is this for?”

“I love you mom”

“hehe I love you to, now go before your uncle and father leave you”

The young man look up to his mother and smile, he ran back to the car and got into the backseat with CL.

“Mama boy”

CL tease.

“Shut up”

“Ready to go kids”

“Heck’s yea”

They both scream.

“Alright let’s GO GO GO”

“ewww appa it’s only cute when omma dose that”

CL laugh

“What I’m not cute?”

“No”

The two kids chime from the back seat

“I guess I’m to old for this huh hyung?”

“Yea we’re to old, but you have to admit we’re the best old people in the world HAHAHA”

Teddy laugh at his own remark, the kids just roll their eyes at their father.