Neverland Chapter 11

Neverland

 

NEVERLAND
 
 
Chapter 11
 
(The Tomboy)
 
 
“Minji-ah thank for letting me stay here during my finals”
 
“No problem unni I don’t want you to drive back and fourth from Seoul back to your house.”
 
“Yea that would waste a lot of gas”
 
Chaerin place her duffle bed in the guest room Minji have prepared for her it was simple, it has a full size bed and two nightstand on either side of the bed and a vanity in one corner of the room and a flat screen TV on the wall across form the bed.
 
“Unni there are some empty hangers in the closet so you can hang up your clothed.”
 
Chaerin made her way to the closet and slide the door to one side and grab a couple of the hanger and made her way to the bed as she pull out some things to hang up. Minji poke her head into the room as she smile at her friend.
 
“You should just live here with me it get boring sometime”
 
“I might take you up on that offer”
 
“I’m going to go down to the deli down the street to pick up some dinner real quick ok”
 
“Ok”
 
Minji headed out as Chaerin finish hanging up her things and placing them on the vanity as he plop down on the soft bed as she closed her eyes. Her eyes flow open when she heard her phone ring, she pick up the phone and stare at the unknown number, she slide her finger across the screen to pick up the call.
 
“Hello”
 
“Hello is this Miss Lee Chaerin”
 
“Yes this is she”
 
“I’m calling from The Bank of Korea”  
 
Chaerin felt something was wrong in the pit of her stomach the bank never call her before she had a feeling something bad was gong to happen. 
“How can I help you?”
 
“Your parents still owe the bank from the money they borrow to buy the ranch when they ask for a loan. If we don’t get the full payment the bank will have to repossess the property.” 
 
Chaerin almost drop her phone when she heard those words, her only home that she ever known is about to be taken away from her and her family. She could feel the tears building up at the edge of her eyes as she held them back. 
 
“What do you mean repossess?”
 
“Your parent still owe the bank and that mean if you don’t pay the remaining balance we will take back the land.”
 
“How much do we owe?”
 
“Around $535,000.00”
 
This time Chaerin drop her phone as the amount she was hoping to be much less was more then she could have imagine. How could she not know about this her and her brother thought the attorney that handle her parents account and finical took care of this. 
 
All she could do is drop down to the floor and cry she can’t let her brother and sister find out about this, it will be to much for her brother he love the ranch like it was his own kid he pour sweat blood and tears into that land and make it what it is today. She must find a way to pay back the bank before her brother and Bom find out about this. 
 
Chaerin gather herself up together before Minji came back home and find out what had happen.
 
 
THE BANK
 
 
Chaerin waiting the waiting room to speak to the loan officer that gave her family the loan, it’s been 10 minute as she sat there waiting the sound of the near by clock ticking, the AC roar into life ever so often, Her palm started to sweat as nerves took over she can’t help but shake the feeling that being here won’t help.
 
Suddenly the door to a near by office open up as an older man in his middle 50’s wave her over to his office. 
 
Chaerin got up slowly as she wipe her palm on her jeans and made her way to the office, she went inside as the door shut behind her.
 
THE DRIVE 
 
 
*Flash back*
 
“Miss Lee we can’t extend the contract any future you are already to far along in debt, unless you pay the full amount next month that’s the only way you can save your ranch.”
 
“But I can’t come up with that amount of money in a month”
 
“I’m sorry my hands are tided and we already have a buyer for the land maybe if you talk to him you can work out a deal with him just in case you can’t make the payment.”
 
Chaerin slam her hands on the desk in front of her and stood up.
 
“I will make the payment, give me his name.”
 
*Present*
 
Chaerin speed down the freeway as her grip on the piece of paper got tighter all she could focus on is getting to the address on the piece of paper that she got from the loan officer. 
 
She couldn’t believe this was happening to her and her family what did she do to deserve this? They struggle while growing up their parent work their hands to the bones to make the ranch what it is today. Chaerin had no clue they still owe the bank money not once did the bank try to contact them. She knew something was wrong and if this address on the paper is correct then she knew who is behind all of this. 
 
She slam on the breaks as her truck screech to a halt she grab her bag and step out from her truck. She look up at the tall building in front of her as she gulp down at the expensive looking building she shook her head as she focus on the matter at hand. 
 
Chaerin walk in through the double glass door and was greeted by a secirty guard.
 
“Hello Miss how can I help you”
 
“I need to see Kwon Jiyong”
 
“I’m sorry mam he is in a meeting right now, can I ask what this is about?”
 
“Tell that Lee Chaerin is heat to see him and I’ll be waiting in the lobby over there”
 
As she pointed to the lobby area, the guard gave her a disapproving look.
 
“I’ll let him know when he is out”
 
Chaerin walk over to the couches and sat their waiting minutes after minutes went by and still no sign of him. She pace back and fourth as she glance over to the guard that she talk to earlier she couldn’t stand it anymore as she storm up to him.
 
“Yah, when is you boss free?”
 
“He told me that he won’t be seeing anyone today”
 
“WHAT?”
 
Chaerin had enough of this as she walk pass the guard and make way to the elevator.
 
“Miss you can’t go up there”
 
Chaerin ignore him as she press on the up botton, then she felt a hand on her shoulder and in a second the guard was on the floor in pain.
 
“Don’t worry I just need to have a talk with him”
 
The door open up as she step inside she look down at the guard that was still laying on the floor. She couldn’t help but feel a little guilty for causing him pain.
 
“Sorry but this is important”
 
Was all she could say before the door closed between her and the guard. The ride up to the 20th floor was the longest feeling she ever had, but anger started to build up as she think back to all the trouble he has cause her and now this, this was the tip of the iceberg. 
 
The door finally open as she step out into a large waiting room decorated in a modern style in a simple white black and silver future down was a black double door she knew it was his office. In front of the double door was a sectary desk with a beautiful young women sitting there working on the computer. Chaerin walk up to her as she look slightly shock a the presnt of the female in front of her. She look Chaerin up and down before opening .
 
“Can I help you?”
 
“I need to see Kwon Jiyong”
 
“I’m sorry but mister Kwon won’t be able to see anyone today.”
 
Before Chaerin could open to speak the intercom came alive with the voice of the devil himself.
 
“Let her in”
 
Chaerin walk past the girl desk and grab the handle and open the door and walk in as the door closed behind her.