Sometimes Your Stupidity is Beneficial

It's A Small World After All

Title : It's a Small World After All
Pairing(s) : KyuMin, YeWook and EunHae or maybe more on later chapters
Genre : drama, romance, fluff (probably gonna drop this anytime soon), implied (?)
Warning : persistent!wook, stupid!hae, awkward!kyumin
Rating : PG13
Disclaimer : I own them all!!! Ohyea! *shoved into a guillotine*
Author's notes: second chapter. whoo, I update fast keke. So this chapter's all about Wook, not too much Kyumin interaction, sorry.

***CHAPPY 2***

He was walking to the classroom when he heard a familiar voice from behind. “Wookie!” he turns around and sees Donghae, his hyung’s classmate. The latter stops running when he caught up to him.

“Good morning, hyung,” Ryeowook smiles at him and they walk the hallway together.

Ryeowook didn’t have many friends. Donghae was one of the few people who made friends with him, knowing how nerdy he could be. His only purpose to most of his acquaintances was helping (answering) their home works.

“Where’s Kyu?”

“Kyu and Sungmin-hyung didn’t come home last night,” he answers Donghae, not looking at him. He stares at his feet, concealing his worried face. “I don’t know why.”

“Where were they?”

“I don’t know. Hyung usually comes home late, so I’m not that surprised he didn’t come home at all last night,” he pauses for a few seconds, thinking of what Kyuhyun could possibly be up to. “Maybe Kyu is… I don’t know… doing idol stuff.”

“Right,” Donghae closes the conversation by nodding. The moment they reach Ryeowook’s classroom, Donghae bids goodbye and Ryeowook enters the room with a sigh.

“Ryeowook-ah!” a taller guy sitting at the corner of the classroom calls – more on summons him. He didn’t even have to ask, he knew exactly what the taller guy called him for. “Do this,” the tall guy shoves his binder notebook to Ryeowook chest which got him stumbling, keeping it from hitting the ground.

“Yeah, Heechul-ssi,” he had no other choice. He walks to his seat.

He opens his math notebook to the page where he remembers writing his homework and starts copying everything on it to the other notebook placed on his desk. He finishes it after two minutes of starting. He walks back to the owner of the notebook to return it. Instead of thanking him, the latter grabs the notebook from Ryeowook’s hand harshly and pushes him away.

I’m used to this kind of treatment, but sometimes it just gets tiring. Ryeowook thought to himself.

&&

“Take this an hour before you go home,” he tells the student sitting in front of him as he hands her a pill. “You should be fine.”

The student stiffly stands and bows to him as a substitute for the word ‘thank you.’ The student clearly wasn’t able to make up the phrase – Yesung’s stare kills her. He did not even smile, instead he nods his head slightly, dismissing the student.

As soon as the student disappeared from the room, he leans his back on to the chair along with his head and heaves a deep sigh. “Why is this my job?” he mutters.

A few minutes later, his ‘relaxation time’ was then again interrupted by a knock on the door. He sighs in exasperation. “Come in,” he says weakly.

Another student opens the door and walks in, bringing a bag with him.

“It’s you again,” Yesung hisses at him.

“Uhm,” the boy closes the door and leans on it. Looking down, he says “I brought you lunch.”

“Ryeowook. I’m not glad to have to say it again but I will anyway,” Yesung glares at him, his eyes excavating into Ryeowook’s, “I can make my own lunch, you don’t have to bother.”

“But you’ve been losing-“

“How are you so sure I’ve been losing weight?” Yesung cuts him off, his glare getting more intense, “I’m the only one who knows about my weight. Unless I tell other people, of course. But I don’t, so don’t be so sure.”

“I love you,” Ryeowook looks down.

“You can’t.”

“Why not?” Ryeowook looks back up, his eyes widening and shining with moist, “is it because I’m too young? Hyung, I’m seventeen, you’re twenty. There’s nothing wrong about that.”

“I’m a school nurse, you’re a student. There’s nothing right about it.”

“You love someone else, don’t you?” Ryeowook shakily walks towards Yesung and places the bag he was holding onto Yesung’s wooden desk.

“So what if I do?” Yesung looks away, he just couldn’t stand to see a kid crying because of him. “And who are you to meddle with my personal life anyway?”

“I love you.”

“I know,” the older man buried his head into his palms, thinking of what to say just to get Ryeowook to shut up and kill the uncomfortable atmosphere, “but I don’t love you back.”

“You don’t love me back yet. But you can try,” Ryeowook looks at him miserably, making him feel strong pity for the boy.

He grabs Ryeowook’s hand gently. “Ryeowook,” he hesitates a bit on what he was about to say, “I will never love you. I’m sorry.”

And with that, Ryeowook lets out the tears he had been keeping in his eyelids. The other man looks at him almost mercifully. “I hope,” he sobs, “you like the lunch I made for you.” He staggers out hurriedly and shuts the door.

“Ryeowook,” Yesung whispers, looking at his door that was violently thrown closed. “Why do you give me so much to think about?”

&&

In Kyuhyun’s house, Sungmin was all alone, sitting on the long, black, leather couch in the living room. “Six thirty,” he sighs. “Didn’t school end three hours again? Where are those two?” he stretches and grabs his phone from his pocket to check for any calls or messages. There was none. He growls and throws his head back in frustration.

His worried thoughts were interrupted when he heard a click coming from the door. “Ryeowook,” he readied his lecture words as he stood, expecting to see Ryeowook by the door.

“Ryeowook!” he yells when the door came into a full open. The figure standing in front of the door looks at Sungmin awkwardly and Sungmin freezes, leaving his mouth hanging open.

They stayed like that for the next ten seconds.

“Uhm,” Kyuhyun looks away blushing, “Hey.”

“H... hey,” Sungmin answers back just as awkwardly.

“So… uhm,” the taller man tries to speak, but there was a lump in his throat hindering him from doing so “Ryeowook’s not home yet?”

“Yeah,” Sungmin manages to say coherently, shifting his position into a straightly standing one.

“Okay,” Kyuhyun takes his shoes off and sets them into the shoe rack. “I’ll be in my room if you need me,” he marches up the stairs and shuts the door to his room.

Sungmin collapses back onto the couch exactly when he heard the door to Kyuhyun’s room close. “Come home now, Ryeowook.”

&&

Meanwhile, in Donghae’s dorm, him and Ryeowook were sitting on the floor with Ryeowook sulking and Donghae trying his best to comfort him.

“Wookie, you’ve had too much,” Donghae grabs Ryeowook’s wrist just as he was about to take another sip off his beer. Somehow Donghae regrets suggesting drinking to his dongsaeng.

The younger harshly shoved Donghae’s hand away. “It’s fine,” he says tipsily, “don’t worry, no one will find out about your roommate keeping beer in your dorm.”

Donghae stares at the fourteen bottles of beer that had been brutally scattered on the floor, all of which emptied by Ryeowook. “Hyung,” Donghae looks at Ryeowook sympathetically.

“Why don’t you drink some?” Ryeowook raises a bottle to Donghae’s face. The latter declines it leniently.

“I don’t drink.”

Ryeowook drops his head on the table. He stayed like that for a while. Anyone would’ve thought he passed out.

“Woo-”

“Tell me, hyung,” Ryeowook’s head snaps back up, almost making Donghae jump away from him. “Why doesn’t Yesung-hyung love me?”

“Maybe he loves someone else.”

“But he’s been so nice to me.”

“Being nice is his job, Wookie,” Donghae again looks at Ryeowook with compassionate eyes. The other was smiling, tears flowing down his cheeks.

“I guess it’s my fault,” the drunk boy looks down, “I’ve been delusional. I expected too much from him.”

“We all are, Wookie,” Donghae leans at his back and stares at the ceiling, “every once in a while.”

“Ahh,” Ryeowook breathes out, gaining a little soberness from Donghae’s words. “I better go now.”

“Why don’t you spend the night here? It’s the weekend tomorrow.”

“Nah, hyung will worry.”

“Okay, then I’ll walk you home.”

“Don’t,” the smaller guy looks at the other seriously.

“You can’t walk alone like that!” Donghae accidentally yells at him.

“I’m okay, hyung.”

“I’ll walk you home.”

“Walk me home and I’ll never talk to you again.”

“But Wookie-”

“I’m sober, hyung,” Ryeowook beams at Donghae, “do I look drunk to you?”

The older looks at him from head to toe. “Well, you don’t look that smashed. I guess you’ll be fine.”

“Of course,” Ryeowook returns to his bouncy self as he grabs his bag from Donghae’s desk. “I’ll be off now, bye hyung!”

Donghae sends Ryeowook out and watches him leave.

Nothing has changed, Donghae is still stupid.

&&

Ryeowook wobbles around the alley not too far from Donghae’s place. He felt his hit the ground when he walked into something hard. His eyesight was getting blurry and he didn’t know what he was doing or where he was going.

“Yah!” he hears a deep, hoarse, challenging voice.

“God?” he asks stupidly.

“What do you mean, God?” the voice again screams at him, “you should watch where you’re going. Aish, are you drunk or something?”

“You’re silly,” Ryeowook giggles. He was on the verge of passing out.

“Yah! Yah! The ground is not something to sleep on. Yah!” were the last words he heard.

&&

“Nine fifteen,” Sungmin murmurs.

He throws his phone fiercely on the couch as he growls. “Do you not plan on coming home?” he shouts at his phone.

He looks at his left and sees Kyuhyun staring at him with a glass of water on his right hand.

“Sorry,” Sungmin whispers.

“Why don’t you call him?”

“He’s not answering.”

Kyuhyun walks to the doorway and grabs his coat.

“Where are you going?” Sungmin asks him confusedly.

“Gonna look for your brother,” he sits on the floor and puts on some random pair of shoes. “Ryeowook coming home late is not very good news.”

“I’m coming along,” Sungmin tries to get rid of the awkward atmosphere around them. What he should be thinking about as of the moment was where Ryeowook is, not how uncomfortable it is to be around Kyuhyun.

“You sure?” the younger confirmed, part of him surprised, part of him nervous.

&&

Ryeowook wakes up in an unfamiliar room. He was lying on a king-sized waterbed and was covered by a warm, white quilt. He tilts his head to the side and sees a digital clock. It’s already nine fifteen, how long have I been here? he asks himself.

“You’ve been sleeping for almost two hours now.”

Ryeowook sits up to look at who was speaking. To his surprise, it was Yesung.

“Get your things and go,” Yesung says coldly. He was sitting cross-legged on a Victorian chair next to the bed Ryeowook was lying on. “If you want to change clothes, just say so and I’ll prepare some for you.”

Ryeowook was speechless for a while. At least until an idea hit him. “I’m staying here,” he states stubbornly.

“No, you’re not,” the other man speaks back. “You’re going to grab your bag, walk out the door, and go home to your hyung.”

“I won’t.”

“This is my house, I decide things around here.”

“I’m not going out.”

“I’ll throw you out the window.”

“Try,” the younger man smirks at Yesung and he feels the urge to pull all his hair out of his scalp.

“What do you want?”

“I want you to love me.”

“I won’t.”

“I’ll stay here until you do.”

“What?” Yesung yells at the boy sitting on his bed.

“I am going to lock myself in until you learn to love me.”

Yesung’s jaw drops. He couldn’t find the right words to describe how dreadfully persistent Ryeowook is and how much a burden he is to Yesung.

“Aish,” the brunette stands and rubs his nape in frustration, “I’m too tired to argue. I’ll let you sleep here today, and by morning you better be gone.”