Visit

It's A Small World After All

"Ryeowookie!" Yesung kneeled beside their bed and tapped his sleeping boyfriend's shoulder, "Are you coming with me?"

Ryeowook opened his eyes and blinked a few times, managing to make out that Yesung was dressed up in a white polo and black trousers which were not his style. For someone who worked as a school nurse during weekdays and a security guard (this paragraph is in Ryeowook’s POV, mind you) during weekends, Yesung's style was extremely up-to-date. He sat up from the bed and rubbed the sleep away from his eyes, "Where are you going?"

"Church," Yesung grinned, he looked unusually bouncy.

Ryeowook widened his eyes, "You go to church?" He almost gasped, luring a glare out of his lover. "No. Seriously, I've been living with you for four months now and this is the first time you mentioned anything about praying."

Yesung pouted at Ryeowook, he leaned his elbows against the mattress. “My mom and brother are here at Seoul today,” he grinned again.

"Oh," Ryeowook nodded in understanding, "Sure!" he squealed as he jumped out of bed and ran straight to the bathroom, leaving a wide-eyed Yesung staring at his back.

&&

It was a few minutes past four in the morning, the sun had yet to rise up. There were not much people around the district and it was not the best time to be wandering around especially in a place surrounded by brothels and bars. Sungmin strolled around the area, his mind occupied with thoughts of a certain someone he'd rather not speak of. It was cold, it was piercing and he didn't know why; he had always loved the cold. He buried his arms into the pockets of the black woolen coat he borrowed from Yesung's closet.

"Excuse me," he felt a hand touch his shoulder. He turned around nervously, thinking it was some kind of kidnapper or , or even worse, a murderer.

"Yes?" he asked, hiding the nervousness in his voice. He examined the man from head to toe. He was handsomely masculine and way taller than Sungmin, clad in a black leather coat and grey knitted scarf. He looked like a supermodel rather than a criminal.

"Why are you loitering at this kind of time in this kind of place?" the tall man looked around the area. It was surrounded by fading lights and anyone would have questioned why one wandered around the place especially at 4 AM.

"I need to go to a convenience store because my wife is pregnant and she's craving for," Sungmin looked up at the red lamp beside him, "Apples."

"Really, aren’t you too young to have a wife?" the man was annoyingly nosy.

"I'm not the only questionable one," Sungmin raised one of his eyebrows, his fear of the man sinking down the drain because of his way too innocent talking.

"I'm looking for a certain someone," the man explained, "Perhaps you could help me?"

"Sorry," Sungmin flashed him a fake smile, "I'm Chinese, I just moved here."

"Really?" the man widened his eyes and clapped his hands enthusiastically, "I'm from China, too. Perhaps you could show me around. My name is…"

Sungmin mentally face-palmed himself and spoke before the unknown man could finish his sentence, "Sorry, I'm in a hurry. My wife is dying of hunger!" he walked away from the man as fast as he could.

"But you were leisurely walking around until you saw me," Sungmin ignored what the man said and kept walking.

&&

"Seriously," Donghae yelled at his phone, "It's so ing early, can we talk later?" He shivered due to the cold air from the air conditioner biting down the skin on his bare chest.

His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he tried to fight the urge to throw his Blackberry out the window. "Fine!" he wheezed angrily and sat up from his bed, throwing a pillow to the door exasperatedly, "Next time, Edward Cullen, know when people sleep." He hung up and threw his phone vigorously down the mattress, stomping his way to the bathroom.

&&

“Yesung,” Ryeowook mumbled, looking out the car window.

“Hm?” Yesung’s eyes were fixed on the road.

“I’m nervous.”

“Why?”

“I’m meeting your family for the first time,” the younger male kept his eyes out the window, his fingers lacing and unlacing with the seatbelt.

Yesung moved his right hand away from the wheel and to Ryeowook’s back. “They won’t bite,” he chuckled. He moved his hand back to the wheel. They stayed that way for a few minutes: with Yesung driving and Ryeowook staring out the window, until Yesung came to a full stop in front of a tall, triangular building.

Ryeowook dropped his jaw and looked up at the tall structure. Sure, he had seen those types of houses on TV and such but he had never been to one.

“Never been to a church?” Yesung rested his back against the seat after pulling the brakes.

Ryeowook shook his head slowly, still staring wide eyed at the cathedral.

“Wait,” Yesung widened his eyes as well. He pulled Ryeowook by the shoulder so that the latter would be facing him, “You’re Catholic, right?”

Ryeowook nodded innocently, his eyes still wide. “But the only religious thing I’ve ever done was attending hyung’s protestant bible study.”

“Oh,” the driver put the back of his hand on his forehead, signaling relief, “I thought you were something else.” He unbuckled his seat belt and tugged the sleeve of Ryeowook’s sweater, “Let’s go.” He stepped out of the car and ran to Ryeowook’s side, opening his door.

“Thanks,” Ryeowook stepped out as well with a confused look on his face, “You’re happy today.”

“I’m seeing mom and Jongjin today,” Yesung smiled at him bouncily, “I have all the reasons to be happy!”

Ryeowook laughed at his boyfriend, “Or you could just say family.”

Yesung’s smile turned upside down. He stared at Ryeowook blankly for a few seconds before finally smiling thinly and grabbing him by the hand. “Let’s go, they’re waiting!” he walked the stairs leading to the cathedral, not letting go of Ryeowook’s hand.

&&

“Hae,” Sungmin was seated on one of the benches lining an apartment building. The sun was already showing its signs, and he had been there since dark. He would have cursed Ryeowook and Yesung for leaving the house without telling him, but he owed them too much. “The sun’s shining, Hae. Are you still sleeping?” he laughed a little. “I’m paying you a visit. Yes, right now. I’ll be there in a minute, ‘kay?” he hung up and sighed, watching as his breath formed a cloud. He watched as a few senior citizens passed by him. They were the only people Sungmin had seen since he started walking around the city. “I think I had walked more than three kilometers,” he sighed, “Why did they leave the house without saying a thing?” It’s true, he walked quite a distance: from the city’s red light district to its part where only the wealthiest of wealthy were able to reside in.

He patted his legs and stood up, entering the apartment building standing behind him. An elevator welcomed him the moment he stepped foot into the building. He let it take him to the fifth floor where Donghae’s pad was in.

“Good morning,” Sungmin smiled, expecting Donghae to be the person behind the door. Making out who it was, he widened his eyes.

“Hi there, Chinese man,” a handsome male greeted him with a dimply smile, “So, how’s your wife? Did you get her apples?” His smile grew wider but gentler, “My name’s Siwon, by the way.”

&&

“Did you enjoy the mass?” Yesung and Ryeowook sat together hand-in-hand on one of the benches in the cathedral’s garden.

Ryeowook looked up at Yesung with a confused expression. “What?” he failed to hear what Yesung said. He was too busy revering the fountains, the rusty but elegant gates, the stoned cherubs, the tower built on top of the minster, the gigantic bells creeping from its windows, and the freshly watered flowers around the place.

Yesung laughed at his lover’s innocence. “The atmosphere here is calming, isn’t it?” he took his hand away from Ryeowook’s and fixed his scarf so that it was covering his mouth.

“Yeah,” Ryeowook smiled, “I like it.”

“Me too,” Yesung sighed and tilted his head up to stare at the cherubs, “I used to come here to calm myself.”

“Used to?”

“Yeah,” the older man said in a sigh, “Used to because I stopped doing so since I moved to somewhere kilometers away. It’s been so long I’ve almost forgotten how refreshed I felt every time I come here.”

“Say,” Ryeowook cupped his chin. There was something he had always wanted to ask Yesung, “Where were you before…”

Yesung quickly stood up, making Ryeowook stop his talking. He pointed a finger at a certain direction and almost jumped, “There they are!” he squealed, something he doesn’t normally do, and ran to the direction he was pointing at.

Ryeowook stood up as well and ran after Yesung, not knowing what was going on.

“Mom!” Yesung stretched both his arms and took an elder lady into his arms, “I’ve missed you so much!”

“Hyung!” a slightly shorter and younger looking boy stepped closer to Yesung with a smile.

Yesung released his mom s and put both his hands on the boy’s face, “You’ve grown so much!” he smiled ecstatically, “How’ve you been?”

“Good morning,” Ryeowook stopped running when he reached Yesung’s back. He bowed to the two new faces standing in front of him and they did as well.

“Jongwoonie,” his mom pinched his cheeks and he didn’t seem to mind, “We’ve missed you too. It looks like you’ve been doing well!”

“I am,” he smiled at his mom, his smile kept getting wider and wider. He turned around to face Ryeowook and pull him by the arm towards his mom and the boy. “Ryeowook,” he stretched his arm to his mother’s direction, “This is my mom, and that guy is my brother.”

“Nice to meet you,” Ryeowook bowed to them again, his arm still gripped tightly by Yesung.

“Is he that guy you always blabber about?” Jongjin tiptoed and whispered to Yesung’s ear, making the latter laugh at him softly.

“Mom, Jongjin, this guy right here is Ryeowook,” he grinned, “He’s my…”

He was cut off when an elderly man walked towards them with a serious look on his face. “Jongwoon,” the older man called him out with the man’s scarily stern voice.

“Dad,” Yesung muttered as his wide smile faded away. He looked back at his mother and cleared his throat, “Nope. He’s a friend.”