Why are you staying here for free?

It's A Small World After All

Yesung wakes up then again not to the smell of something cooking, but the smell of disinfectant mixed with something he could not explain. He walks out to his living room to find Ryeowook wearing hairnet and apron with a broom lying next to him. “Ryeowook?” he runs to Ryeowook and kneels beside him. “What the hell? Ryeowook?” Ryeowook’s eyes were closed and he was irresponsive to Yesung’s calls. Yesung starts biting his nails as he looks around the living room like he was hiding from something. “Ryeowook,” he starts shaking the smaller boy.

Ryeowook stifles a moan as he was being shaken, making Yesung sigh in relief and drop to his beside Ryeowook. He looks at his elder and blinks a few times. “Oh haii god.”

Yesung holds up the clear glass bottle he grasped from Ryeowook’s hand. “Ryeowook, why do you drink so much?”

“You can’t blame me,” the younger boy hiccups, “I thought it was water.”

“Water, my foot,” Yesung stands up and pats his pajamas, “just so you know, I found you drunk walking once.”

“Why do you care? It’s the ing weekend.”

“Isn’t it always?” Yesung sighs as he walks away to dispose of the liquor bottle. ‘Isn’t it always?’ come to think of it, Yesung has lost track of how long Ryeowook had been staying with him. It felt like forever to him. Sure, they both go to school separately and act like total strangers around everyone. Sure, they ignore each other almost completely during weekends – if not for Ryeowook’s effortful attempts to start a conversation, they would have COMPLETELY become strangers living together – but Ryeowook had never been left unnoticed to him and so does he to Ryeowook. ‘Isn’t it always? What was that supposed to mean?’ he wonders for a while, but shrugs it off anyway.

 He walks in to the kitchen and finds it clean. He widens his eyes, the kitchen hadn’t been that clean since forever. The soot covering the stove was all gone, the cabinets were all clear of dust, the little amount of food splattered on the walls were all gone.

He walks out of the kitchen and sees Ryeowook still lying on the floor, his chest moving up and down hastily. “How come I failed to notice this?” he looks around and realized how clean his house was. He smiles, “thanks.”

&&

Sungmin unlocks Kyuhyun’s apartment door  with the key the latter gave him. The door opens and he pops his head into it, taking precautions before coming inside. “Kyuhyun?” he looks around the house. He walks in, noticing Kyuhyun’s absence.

“11:40am?” Sungmin sighs, he never thought shopping in a grocery store would take that long. “Kyuhyun?” he attempts to call Kyuhyun out again, but like the last time, there was no answer.

He sighs and goes to the kitchen for a cold drink. He wasn’t in a very bouncy feeling like how he usually is during that time of day. He was about to open the fridge when he notices a post-it on the red fridge door. He grabs it and reads.

I won’t be home till 8.

“I didn’t have to know,” he crumples it and throws it over his shoulder. “Why are you acting so close all of a sudden?” he utters as he takes a sip out of the bottle of water he took out from the fridge.

He walks out of the kitchen and into the living room. Feeling weird, he collapses to the couch. He grabs the pillow sitting beside him and hugs it tightly as tears start flowing to his cheeks. His silent crying turns to desperate sobbing, damping the pillow he had for support. He felt worthless, alone, and desperate.

“Just when things are starting to look up,” Sungmin utters through frantic subs, “you come back and give me something to think about again, just like that.” He falls asleep after a hours of crying and deep thinking.

&&

“Why did you drink my liquor?”

“I thought it was water,” Ryeowook was fidgeting, “I swear.”

Yesung raises his brow in response, making Ryeowook even more nervous.

“See, I was tired from cleaning the house,” he gulps, “then I go to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I grabbed the liquor bottle because I thought it was water.”

“Right.”

“I knew it was beer when I sipped from it, though. But I was like ‘what the heck.’”

The older nods sarcastically.

“Yah! You can’t blame me!” Ryeowook starts yelling defensively. “It had no label.”

Yesung raises his hand in a motion to slap Ryeowook, making the latter cover his face – it’s been an everyday thing since Ryeowook started to stay there. He sighs and puts his hand down. “Okay, fine. But never touch my liquor again. Understand?”

The younger boy nods, looking at his lap. Normally a person who wakes up from passing out would be on a comfy bed covered with thick sheets, but Ryeowook woke up unmoved from the place he passed out in.

“Understand?” Yesung raises his hoarse voice.

“Yes!” the younger boy stiffens up.

“Do you know how long you’ve been out?” the older man deviates from their topic.

Ryeowook shakes his head.

“Let’s see,” Yesung looks at his watch with a cold pout on his face. “It’s four in the afternoon, and you…”

Before Yesung could finish his sentence, Ryeowook shifts up and stiffens. “It’s been that long?”

“No,” Yesung rolls his eyes, “it’s been short, idiot.”

&&

Kyuhyun comes home three hours earlier than he promised. His company was pissing him off and the coordinator was not any better. He thought doing fanservice with Zhoumi was bad enough, but now they want him to do something to spark a scandal between him and Seohyun. Hell no.

He sets eyes on sleeping Sungmin on the couch. He smiles. “Sleeping all day?” he sits on the floor and brushes the hair off Sungmin’s face, making the latter cringe slightly. He snaps his eyes away from Sungmin and looks away. “Wake up, freeloader.”

Sungmin blinks a few times dabbing away the sleep in his eyes.. He sits up sleepily. “It’s early.”

“It’s four thirty, how long have you been sleeping?”

“I don’t know.”

It was their most normal conversation, their only normal conversation ever since Sungmin started to stay in Kyuhyun’s.

Kyuhyun’s phone suddenly rings, he grunts as he answers it. “Hello? Yeah, it’s me. I left early,” he rolls his eyes, “okay, I’ll be there.” He hangs up and looks at Sungmin who was staring at him naively. “Let’s go somewhere.”

Sungmin snaps out of his thoughts. “What?”

“Let’s go somewhere. Go change to your best clothes.”

“Why do I have to come with you?” the older boy crosses his arms and throws his head to the side with a hmph.

“Why are you staying here for free?” Kyuhyun smirks at Sungmin, making the latter look back down to him.

“Fine,” Sungmin snaps up, grabs his backpack, and stomps his feet to the bathroom.

“No stomping in my house.”

Sungmin starts to walk demurely.

&&

“Hyung,” Ryeowook was reading a book on his bed when he sets eyes on Yesung putting his things in his sling bag.

“Hm?”

“Where are you going?”

“A party.”

Ryeowook stands up quickly. “I love parties!” he squeals.

“You can’t come,” Yesung continues putting things in his bag, not even looking at Ryeowook.

“I wanna!”

“You can’t.”

“I’m going to follow you.”

The older man cringes at Ryeowook’s statement. He decides to ignore Ryeowook completely and go to the party he was invited to without harm.

&&

“What are we doing here?” Sungmin asks nervously. They were standing in front of a high class club in the middle of the sleazy part of the city.

Kyuhyun looks down at Sungmin with a confused expression on his face. He claps his hands when he finally understood why Sungmin was so nervous. “Don’t worry,” he chuckles, “it’s gonna be fine.” He pulls his elder by the hand and drags him into the club.

There was a lot of people inside. A lot of girls dancing on the dance floor, grinding with guys or other girls. A lot of people drinking by the bar, a lot of people talking, a lot of sleazy people.

Sleazy. Sungmin had always hated that word.

“What the is this?” he utters under his breath.

“Hyung!” a boy younger and shorter than Kyuhyun welcomes him with a hug.

Kyuhyun hugs him back with a smile Sungmin had never seen before.

Sungmin gasps, partly because Kyuhyun was smiling, and partly because he was standing just a feet away from Onew, the Onew.

“Happy birthday, Jinki,” Kyuhyun pulls away from Onew, but was still gripping his arm.

“Thank you,” he smiles with that goofy smile of his. “Who’s he?” he looks at Sungmin, making Sungmin freeze.

Sungmin wheezes when someone grabbed him by the waist.

“He’s my boyfriend.”

--------------------

cameo!onew .. lmao, I just had to squeeze him in because I LOVE HIM SO ING MUCH!

Happy birthday, dubu baby.

Sorry about the late update btw. I tried writing this yesterday, but I got distracted and rewatched Junjou Romantica instead. I continued this morning, but got distracted again and ended up watching Sungkyunkwan scandal. I'm a fail T.T

Comments are forever loved <3