There's a limit to tolerating you.

It's A Small World After All

“Go away,” Sungmin groaned as he shuffled from the couch.

Ryeowook shook Sungmin slightly. “It’s twelve, hyung. And why are sleeping here? Where’s Kyuhyun?” Seeing that his brother was once again asleep, he sighed and sat on the empty space on the couch. He did not fail to notice the small red dots studding the white pillow Sungmin was resting his head on. “How long do you have, hyung?” Ryeowook shot his brother a sad smile.

&&

12:30

Donghae looked at the clock, groaning. Normally, when he finds himself sleeping for too long, he would jump out of bed and panic. But today seemed different. He ran his hand through the empty space beside him. He thought nothing of it, Eunhyuk always wakes up way before he does to cook or clean or whatever. What made him snap out of bed was when he heard a loud thud from outside their air-conditioned room.

“Aish!” he hissed, walking out of their room.

“Sorry,” Eunhyuk looked at him with wide eyes, bent over next to the long sofa with his hands under it.

“Did you just carry that?” the sleepy man gave Eunhyuk a quizzical look. He never knew his “boyfriend” was superman. He then set his eyes on two bulbous LV bags lying on the couch. “Louis Vuitton?” he chuckled. “You’re ever so materialistic,” he pretended to ignore the fact that Eunhyuk was packing, leaving.

Eunhyuk just smiled at him, shuffling towards the shoe rack to put on a pair of Supras. He was ever so materialistic.

Donghae let himself fall on one of the one-person sofas lining the walls. “Do you have anyone you can go to?”

“Junsu,” Eunhyuk answered simply, not even looking at Donghae. He knelt down, pretending to be busy tying his shoes.

“Oh,” Donghae pretended to be busy picking out the cracking leather from the couch in return. “Is it fine with him?”

Eunhyuk stood up with his hand on his hip. “Now you’re starting to care?” he raised an eyebrow at Donghae, glaring at him. He pretended to be mad at Donghae – he couldn’t bring himself to hate Donghae for some reason, just so he would realize what Eunhyuk’s worth.

“You know what?” Donghae turned to Eunhyuk with a mocking expression, “I don’t.” He blew some wind out, making his cheeks puff. “You can go anywhere, sleep anywhere. Sleep with Junsu, sleep with Yoochun, sleep with Sungmin, you can go sleep in a fish market, a meat shop, the streets, a farm. You can do anything you want! I don’t give a about what you ing do. You can even up some random hobo in the streets, get AIDS, and die for all I ing care!”

Eunhyuk gaped at Donghae for a while. His arms fell to his sides and he smiled a sweet smile at Donghae. He walked towards the man in pajamas and caressed his cheeks lovingly.

“What…”

The next thing Donghae knew, his cheek was swollen red and his gums were bleeding. Now he was sure his boyfriend was superman.

The glare Eunhyuk was shooting Donghae was scarily intense. “There’s a limit to tolerating you, Lee Donghae,” with that Eunhyuk grabbed his bags and left quickly, banging the main door.

&&

“Did Kyuhyun let you sleep in the living room again?” Ryeowook tried to open a conversation with his eating brother. He had his back turned to Sungmin. He was busy cooking while Sungmin was busy gaping at his food. “Did you guys have a fight?”

“No,” Sungmin chuckled. “I was,” he paused, thinking of a way to get out of this.

Sungmin was saved by the ringing of Ryeowook’s cell phone. The small boy sighed but picked it up anyway. “Hello? Yeah. I’m at Kyuhyun’s. What? Aish! Okay, I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

“Who was that?”

“Just someone,” Ryeowook turned off the fire from the stove and threw his apron away harshly.

“Yesung?”

Ryeowook was about to walk away when his brother mentioned his lover’s name. He turned to look at his brother with a dazed expression. He did not know what to say.

Sungmin chuckled. “It’s okay, Ryeong. As long as you don’t do anything foolish.”

Ryeowook widened his eyes and opened his mouth to talk, but no words were made up. Instead he promenaded towards Sungmin and gave him a tight hug which the latter gladly fell into. “Thank you!” Ryeowook cheered melodically.

Sungmin broke the hug, signaling Ryeowook to go. Ryeowook was about to go towards the door when Sungmin cheered, “go and multiply!”

The smaller boy turned to look at his brother with a disgusted look. “Ew, hyung!” with that he made his exit and shut the door.

Sungmin ran towards the bathroom. The moment he entered the comfort room, he kneeled in front of the toilet, holding on to its rims. He let everything he ate, everything Ryeowook made for him, out of his stomach. He vomited and vomited until he cried, it was way more painful than the last time he threw up. He didn’t know the current condition of his body, he didn’t want to know. After a few minutes of painful vomiting, he caved in on the floor. It was a good thing he was alone. “What’s gonna happen now?” he muttered.

“Sungmin!” a familiar person was suddenly kneeling beside Sungmin, shaking him. “Are you okay?”

Sungmin shot up to a stiff standing position. “Kyuhyun, you’re early.”

“You smell,” Kyuhyun retorted, wrinkling his nose. “What happened to you?”

“I ate something bad.”

“Are you sure you don’t feel anything weird?” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin straight in the eyes, worry painted all over his face. He had his hands on Sungmin’s shoulders.

Sungmin slipped away from Kyuhyun’s hands, he suddenly felt uncomfortable around Kyuhyun. He didn’t know why. “I’m okay,” he smiled at Kyuhyun, walking past him. The bathroom was not the best place to have a conversation in.

“You’ve been weak lately.”

“I’m alright.”

“I think you should go see a…”

“I said I’m fine!” Sungmin turned around and stomped his foot. “Oh my God shut up! I’m ing fine!” he growled and shuffled his way to ‘their’ bedroom, feeling all grouchy.

Kyuhyun gaped at the space Sungmin was in seconds ago. For the first time, he wasn’t able to say “no stomping in my house!”