It's A Small World After All

School ended like how it usually did, nothing too unusual happened. Kyuhyun walked home alone like usual, ignoring the fangirls who stalked him from behind. He got home like usual, safe, unharmed, and there before Sungmin.

He went straight to the kitchen, like usual, to get a glass of water. He sighed when he set eyes on the mountain of dirty dishes in the sink. "That Sungmin has got to start being useful around here or else he's gonna have to find a new place to stay in," he glared at the dirty dishes like it would come clean on its own and giggled after seconds of doing so. He had thought of Sungmin without realizing it. He sighed, but this time the sigh was of refreshment rather than annoyance. An image of Sungmin breaking the dishes flashed into his mind and he thought he laughed at how stupid he was, when, without realizing it, he was laughing at how cute he was.

Just when he was about to drift into his thoughts of Sungmin, his phone rang. It was his slave driver manager, Lee Sooman. "Hello? Uhm, yeah. Okay. Whatever."

He smiled and let himself fall on the couch, not even realizing he was still in his school uniform. For some reason he was feeling butterflies in his stomach, and what made him bouncier was the fact that he did not have schedules for the day.

"Maybe I should treat Sungmin out tonight," he thought, thinking of places they should go to. "Right, I should," he giggled.

&&

"Hyung," Ryeowook sat on his bed in Yesung's home, "you sleep here."

"With you?" Sungmin asked with an innocent expression, sitting beside Ryeowook.

Ryeowook frowned, "you don't want me around?" he pouted, making Yesung who was standing in the doorway chuckle.

"No!" Sungmin flailed his arms, "just that I thought you slept beside Yesung."

"O... Oh," Ryeowook stammered, blushing.

Meters from them, Yesung made the same reaction, hiding his blush under his flared turtleneck.

"You don't?"

"We don't," Yesung in defensively.

"Well you should start doing so!" Sungmin beamed at Yesung, making the other two boys flush harder, "you're way too shy for a couple, seriously!"

"Hyung!" Ryeowook squealed, "are you bartering your own brother to a e?"

"Yah! I'm not a e," Yesung retorted defensively.

They got into one of their mini arguments and Sungmin could only sit between them, laughing. "I wasn't a when I was your age anyway," Sungmin was too amused he blurted out something he did not mean to say. Just then he wished no one heard him.

The couple looked at Sungmin with different expressions, Yesung with an astonished one and Ryeowook with a disturbed one.

"That... that's... what I meant was," Sungmin stammered, "Aha! I knew saying that would make you two stop fighting!" he laughed like an ahjumma and made a self-praising face.

"You and Kyuhyun are so attached you even acquired the skill to do his infamous pleased face," Yesung said, making Ryeowook laugh and Sungmin smile weakly.

Yesung meant it as a joke, but Sungmin took him seriously. "Are we really that attached?" he thought to himself.

&&

"Yah!" Eunhyuk turned around and stomped his foot, he had been ignoring his stalker since he started walking home but he's been bothering him so much. "Will you just stop?" he yelled. He was fortunate to have snapped in an isolated street where nobody would give you weird glances. "I need to go to work!"

"I'm sorry," Donghae had been apoligizing since 8am. He tried to show how sorry he was he even waited outside Eunhyuk's school until dismissal time.

Eunhyuk bit his lip, he felt so annoyed. "We are over, Lee Donghae!" he emphasized his third word. "I hate you now, don't you get it?" and then comes another one of his angsty speeches, "you've hurt me so much! I tried to tolerate you but you were too much. I'm not, or was, just your buddy, Hae. I was your boyfriend! You don't go pushing your boyfriend around until he comes to his limits. I was a good person, and you don't deserve me. I knew about you being all aegyo around your friends and being cold around me. I was different around you, as well! And guess what, this," he pointed his fingers to his chest, "this is not the new me. This is the real me you should've known of long ago just so you wouldn't need to kiss my like this."

"I'm sorry," it was all Donghae could say.

Eunhyuk shoved his hands into his pockets and grabbed a generous amount of crumpled notes. He raised his arms over Donghae's head and let the notes fall on him. "There, stop bothering me and get yourself a or something!" and with that he turned around to start walking again, on the verge of tears.

Donghae grabbed him by the arm. "I don't know any," was his lame excuse.

"Your bestfriend is a . Go him and stop bothering me!"

Donghae took a step back. As much as he wanted to know what Eunhyuk was talking about, he felt scared and disturbed. Scared because the ever so kindhearted Eunhyuk called someone a , and disturbed because he could never picture himself ing any of his buddies. "What?"

"Or are you doing so already? Ha!" Eunhyuk crossed his arms with his head up, "Sungmin's such a he'd you for free. You probably wouldn't even need money to have you in between his buttcheeks."

Donghae kept looking at Eunhyuk, dazed. He had no idea what Eunhyuk was talking about.

"Oh who would have thought. Your lover's ex is your new buddy," Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, "it's a small world after all. A man who fell in love with his lover's former lover. You should make a book about that just in case you're bored, just so you would stop bothering me," he was trying so hard to mock Donghae he stopped making sense. Well, not that he ever did, to Donghae, that is.

"Yah," Donghae said softly while staring at his feet, sadness concrete in his voice. He was going to deal with Sungmin's story later. Right then what he needed was Eunhyuk's forgiveness. "I know I was an . But loving someone else is a different story."

As if then scene wasn't angsty enough, it started to rain heavily without warning.

"Oh, right. How could you love someone else when you never really loved me?"

"But I did love you," Donghae raised his head to look at Eunhyuk, he did not even mind that the rain was slowly soaking him, "I only realized it now."

"Well guess what," Eunhyuk smirked, swinging his bag to his shoulder, "you're too late."

&&

Sungmin was walking out the bathroom, exhausted from pushing all the food out of his stomach, when he fell to the floor on, twisting one of his ankles.

Yesung was walking out of his room all dressed up and ready to go to his part time job when he saw Sungmin. He instantly promenaded to the boy's aid. "You okay?" he kneeled beside Sungmin and slapped his arm gently. "How are you feeling?"

Sungmin pushed himself up to a sitting position. "I'm okay," he smiled at Yesung, "I think someone was talking about me."

Yesung smiled back at Sungmin, making the other boy sink into reverie. He stood up and offered his hand for Sungmin to take, "can you get up?"

Sungmin tried to get up on his own but his twisted ankle wouldn't let him. He had no other choice but to take Yesung's hand and pull himself up.

"You should be more careful," Yesung flung Sungmin's arm around his shoulder and brought him to the bedroom. He let the boy sit on his bed while he searched for a first aid kit.

Sungmin felt shivers down his spine. He noticed how much Yesung had changed with Ryeowook. He force himself to be happy for Ryeowook, but there was this hint of jealousy that kept him from doing so.

"Found it!" Yesung walked to Sungmin with a roll of bandage in his hand. He knelt in front of Sungmin and rotated his injured ankle, making Sungmin cringe a bit. "Sorry."

"It's okay," Sungmin felt sinful for liking the attention Yesung was paying him, but bliss overcame guilt and he stopped caring.

Yesung expertly wrapped Sungmin's ankle and stood up. "That should do it," he smiled.

"Thank you," Sungmin said shyly.

"Can you walk?"

"It's just a sprain," Sungmin giggled, "on second thought, maybe I do need a hand," he lied.

Yesung nodded and pulled Sungmin up, flinging his arm around his nape.

They were halfway from Sungmin's room when Sungmin intentionally shifted his weight just so he would fall on top of Yesung.

They both fell on the floor with Yesung on top of Sungmin - I guess he turned around. They looked at each other intensely, hunger evident in their eyes. Right then Sungmin knew what he wanted and Yesung, although he felt guilty about thinking of betraying Ryeowook, fell for Sungmin's trap.

It took a few more seconds of intense staring until they finally found themselves ravishing one another's mouths, fighting for dominance. And a few more minutes until Yesung regained all his sense and pulled away from Sungmin, aware of Ryeowook's presence in the other room.

"I need to get to work," he pushed himself up against the floor, pulling Sungmin up with him. "Sorry about that," he rubbed his nape.

"It's okay," Sungmin smiled halfheartedly.

&&

Kyuhyun sat up sleepily, only realizing right then that he had fallen asleep and it was already dark. He took a few seconds to adjust to the surroundings and realize that Sungmin was not around. "Must be sleeping," he muttered.

Kyuhyun smirked, thinking if something snarky to say when he sees Sungmin. He threw the door to their room open and yelled, "yah! You useless idiot, get your lazy out here and start cleaning!"

Kyuhyun received no answer. Thinking he was being ignored, he turned the lights on and jumped on the bed, expecting to squeeze Sungmin.

He was surprised when he sank in the sheets. Sungmin was not there. Just then he heard the thunder from outside the window. "Storm," he sighed, "typical."

He spent a few minutes sitting on his bed when realization hit him. He started panicking, "Sungmin!" he widened his eyes.

He dialed Sungmin's number, but he was answered by an answering machine.

"Sungmin, where is he? Why isn't he home? The weather's bad! Where's he loitering in this kind of weather," was all he thought about as he dressed up to go out and start looking for the boy, until he remembered how weak Sungmin's body was. "Aish! How troublesome! Where could he be? What if he's lying around prostrate somewhere? What if he's around the streets vomiting his insides out?"

He pulled out an umbrella from his closet and started running out and into the rain. He walked the street, not knowing where to start looking. When he decided, he ran to their school, way too worried to remember the fact that he owned a car.

&&

"Go away."

Yesung heard whispers from around him, bothersome ones. He was trying to focus on his work, not that he needed to, he just wanted something to be upset about.

"Donghae," it was then Yesung realized it was Eunhyuk. He was with a boy who Yesung found dreadfully familiar, a boy who stared at him like he a relative. "Go away!"

Everyone who entered the store stared at them. Not that there were lots of customers, it was a rainy day and he was surprised to even find people in the store.

Since his job was hella boring and he found no one he was interested in, he decided to eavesdrop on Eunhyuk's conversation with the boy he was with. Though he would've heard their conversation even if he didn't try to eavesdrop because they were standing only a few feet away from him.

"Just go somewhere else!" Eunhyuk whispered loudly enough for Yesung to hear. "Use the money I gave you to find someone else to bother."

"Speaking of which," the other boy answered using his voice and not his breath, "why are you even calling Sungmin-hyung a ?"

Yesung widened his eyes, he started to listen to them more attentively.

"Oh like you wouldn't know!"

"Well, I don't."

"He uses his body to pay his fees, happy?"