Loving You Is Exhausting

It's A Small World After All

Sungmin panicked inside, he didn’t know what to do with Kyuhyun so he grabbed the taller boy’s head and locked their lips together, much to Kyuhyun’s surprise.

Kyuhyun didn’t resist Sungmin, that was what he needed as of the moment.

The smaller boy gently pushed Kyuhyun to sit on a table, their lips still locked together. He then sat on the latter’s lap, straddling his waist.

The next thing they knew was they were wrapped up in a hungry, impious kiss. Their tongues battling inside their mouths, nibbling on each other’s from time to time.

Sungmin pressed his hip slightly, ing closer to Kyuhyun. He had his eyes shut close, tears begging to come out from his eyelids. He wasn’t doing this because he wanted Kyuhyun, he was doing this because he pitied Kyuhyun. The feeling he had when he used to be a gigolo, the feeling when there’s an unknown face waiting for him in some random room, he was having that feeling again. It made him want to cry. He thought those days were over and he could live his life as a normal high school boy, but just with Kyuhyun’s kiss he jumped into conclusions of becoming a slave once again and it made him want to cry harder.

Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin away gently just at the right moment, gasping for breath. “Sungmin,” he looked up at the man sitting on his lap. He did not fail to notice his trembling shoulders and flushed cheeks. He took the smaller man into his arms and whispered, “sorry.”

&&

Two bodies were cuddled up under the sheets on a queen-sized waterbed. Yesung never found his huge bed necessary up until now.

“I’ve missed you,” he played with the strands of Ryeowook’s hair.

“You’re just drunk,” Ryeowook giggled in response to Yesung. He dug his head deeper into Yesung’s chest.

“What’s wrong with you?” Yesung widened his eyes, he pushed Ryeowook gently away from him to look at the smaller boy’s face. “You’ve always bugged me to love you back and now that I’m being all sweet and mushy, which I hate being, you won’t believe me!”

Giggling then again, Ryeowook poked Yesung’s chubby cheek which he had always loved. “I was kidding, lover boy.”

Yesung pouted, pulling Ryeowook closer to him. “Ryeowook.”

“Yeah?”

“The morning will be different,” Yesung started, playing with the strands of Ryeowook’s hair again. This time he was suffocating the smaller boy in his chest, “I probably won’t be this sweet and mushy. But while I’m sweet and mushy and drunk. I just want to tell you,” he paused, thinking of the right words to elaborate what he was going to say. We could say he kind of failed. “I think I like you.”

&&

“It’s midnight,” Eunhyuk looked at Donghae. They were settled inside a gazebo in the middle of the cemetery. It was raining pretty hard and they were cold with no means of keeping warm – no, they’re not going to have in a cemetery.

“Babo!” Donghae rubbed his arms vigorously as he some air in. He was freaking out, it was dark and it was raining and the fact that they were in a cemetery with corpses under them was not helping. “Is it my fault that it’s raining?” he yelled at Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk sighed in reply to Donghae.“I’m sorry,” Eunhyuk wasn’t blaming Donghae, but he did not have the heart to defy him. He hugged Donghae from behind, making said man jump.

 Donghae, as expected, shrugged his lover off. “Get off me!” he yelled at him again. “I thought you were some kind of,” he had to pause. What he was thinking of saying might hurt his pride forever. “Never mind.” He stood at the edge of the gazebo, looking up at the sky. The view was blocked with tangled tree branches.

“Donghae,” Eunhyuk sat on the gazebo’s surface with his legs on his chest. As expected, Donghae did not look at him and pretended not to hear him. “It’s scary,” he spoke anyway, looking around.

“Shut the up.”

The scarlet haired boy sighed. What’s the use? he thought to himself. He always found himself tolerating Donghae, and he was not planning on stopping anytime soon. He loved Donghae too much, enough to turn him masochistic.

“Eunhyuk,” Donghae uttered, his back still facing Eunhyuk. “Can you run under the rain?”

“I guess, why?”

Not even asking, Donghae walked towards Eunhyuk and pulled him up. He dragged the thinner boy away quickly, running for the bright light shining behind the cemetery gates.

&&

Sungmin and Kyuhyun sat quietly in Kyuhyun’s car, awkward atmosphere surrounding them.

“So,” Kyuhyun tried to extinguish the suffocating awkward atmosphere. “Aren’t we going to pick Ryeowook up?” Sungmin did not answer. “I thought you didn’t want him seeing Yesung.” Sungmin didn’t answer again. Kyuhyun didn’t have the guts to look at Sungmin. He was afraid he’d meet Sungmin’s eyes if he did. “So you changed your mind about the man?” seeing he received no response yet again, he cringed.

“Listen, Min. I’m sorry, ok? I’m sorry I took advantage of you. Sorry I took the chance when you gave it. I’m sorry, ok? I didn’t mean to, I promise. But I stopped, didn’t I? Nothing happened, right? I guess I was too,” realizing he was talking too quickly, he paused. Not having the guts to look at Sungmin and see what’s up with the boy, he yelled. “Sungmin!”

“Huh?” Sungmin shot up into a stiffened sitting position, his eyes blinking repeatedly. “Where are we?” he looked at Kyuhyun, his voice hoarse from sleep.

This time Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, and he did meet the boy’s eyes. , he thought. He felt his cheeks warm and he looked away immediately.

Sungmin did the same, feeling the same thing. Realizing he had been asleep all throughout the ride, he looked down in shame and laced his fingers together. “I’m sorry, were you saying something?”

“Uhm,” Kyuhyun tried to speak, but there was some lump in his gullet keeping him from doing so. He cleared his throat, “aish! Do you know how long of a sentence what I said was? Why the hell were you sleeping? Do I have to say it all over again?” Kyuhyun faked being pissed off as he leaned his elbow to the car window and face palmed himself.

“Oh!” Sungmin pointed at something in front of them. “Kyuhyun!”

That’s when Kyuhyun remembered that he was driving. He put both his hands on the driving wheel and screeched away from the car meeting his. “Aish, stupid people. Driving recklessly at a time like this.”

Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a quizzical look. “But aren’t you the one…”

“Shut up!”

&&

Eunhyuk and Donghae arrived home all soaked, but they did make it. They were lucky a taxi driver was on duty at that time of night.

Donghae fell on the couch, panting.

The scarlet haired boy sat beside Donghae, looking all worried. “Donghae,” he brushed the wet hair strands out of Donghae’s damp forehead. “Are you okay? You should go take a bath, you’ll catch a cold.”

The boy sprawled on the couch slapped Eunhyuk’s hand away. “Get out, you worthless pea brain. If it wasn’t for you we wouldn’t be home this late. If it wasn’t for your slow legs we wouldn’t be this soaked. Get away from me.”

Eunhyuk cringed at Donghae’s harsh words. He thought his kindness level was high enough to take Donghae’s insults, but he was being too much. Even Eunhyuk couldn’t take him anymore. He stood up from the couch and threw a pillow exactly at Donghae’s face.

“Eunhyuk!” Donghae snapped, taking the pillow away from his face. He glared at Eunhyuk.

But Eunhyuk’s glare was more intense than his, his anger was deeper, and the burden he carried was heavier. “Yah! Lee Donghae! What’s the matter with you?”

“Are you talking back at me?” Donghae stood up to level Eunhyuk, their chests touching slightly.

“How is coming home late my fault? How are my slow legs the reason we’re soaked? Aren’t you the one who suggested running in the rain?” he stomped his foot.

“Yah! If we didn’t run under the rain we would still be dead cold in a lonely cemetery right now!” Donghae didn’t allow his pride to be hurt. He argued with Eunhyuk with the best he had. “If you prefer that over this, then go ahead. Go back to that ing cemetery!”

Eunhyuk ignored Donghae’s words and continued with his statement. “I’ve always been here for you. I took care of you, did everything for you. But what do I get in return?”

Donghae was speechless.

“It would be completely alright if you didn’t return all of my kindness, but you’re not returning even half of it! Instead, you’re being all Mr. Bastard-you-don’t-have-the-right-to-talk-to-me. You’re so ing mean! Do you walk around with a pole up your or something? I get blamed for everything! I don’t deserve this kind of treatment. What the hell am I? Your throw pillow? You can say we’re not lovers and we don’t share a special relationship what so ing ever but can’t you at the very least respect me as the human I am?” he paused to breathe, realizing he was crying. “It hurts, Donghae. I thought I was okay with it, that I was okay with everything you throw at me.” he gripped the part of his shirt covering his chest, showing Donghae where it hurts. “But it hurts. Loving you is exhausting.”