The Best Lie Yet

It's A Small World After All

Title : It's a Small World After All
Pairing(s) : KyuMin, YeWook and EunHae or maybe more on later chapters
Genre : drama, romance, fluff (probably gonna drop this anytime soon), implied (?)
Rating : PG13
Disclaimer : I own them all!!! Ohyea! *shoved into a guillotine*

***CHAPTER 1***

“Hyung,” Ryeowook looks at me. He was kneeling before his backpack, fresh from packing. “Where are you staying?”

I raise my head up from the book I was reading. Ryeowook was looking at me intensely, worry painted on his face. I smile at him, not wanting him to worry. “Don’t worry,” I tried to lie. “I’ll find someone who’s willing to take me in,” but the look on his face told me he would not believe easily. He frowns. “What about you? Do you have a place to stay?”

“I’m staying at Kyuhyun’s,” Ryeowook’s happy tone opposed his expression.

“That idol guy?”

“Yes,” Ryeowook’s frown slowly turns into an astonished expression as he gasps. “Maybe you can stay there as well!”

“No,” I chuckle at him slightly. “I can’t stay with an idol.”

He pouts, obviously worried. I’ve always hated seeing Ryeowook like this – sad, worried, words that don’t favor his appearance and personality. “Hyung, you can’t just wander somewhere with no permanent place to live.”

“I’ll find something,” I smile at him desolately. “Promise.”

Me and Ryeowook have lived only depending on one another since our foster parents died – we never met our parents. I love him more than any brother can love his and I know he felt the same, we were more like best friend-brothers. Sure, there were times when our relationship as brothers gets shaken, but we do manage to get over those times and live happily with each other again.

Like a lot of people without parents, we weren’t well off. We do manage to go to school because I am a scholar and Ryeowook gets his tuition fees paid by my side jobs. But of course, Ryeowook doesn’t know how hard I work. He does know I work in a café after school, but he doesn’t know what goes beyond that. I work as a janitor in a big office at noon, a janitor in another big office in the afternoon, a waiter in a cheap restaurant in the evening, and a product in a brothel at night up to dusk.

“Hyung,” Ryeowook looks down and pauses. He looks back up again blushing a hundred shades of red. “I can’t stay with my boyfriend alone in a house. I need you.”

I felt like fainting.

&&

The next morning, we found ourselves standing before a condo unit at the top of the building we were in. "Kyubaby!" Ryeowook calls out musically.

I clear my throat and look at Ryeowook. "Wookie, we've been here for over an hour now," he beams at me. "I don't think your 'Kyubaby' is home."

Ryeowook's eyes curved into little crescents as he looks back at the door. "He's home, trust me."

"He's not a very good boyfriend. Not answering the door for his love is wrong," I pout at my dongsaeng. Yes, I know how cute I must have looked.

He blinks at me a few times. "You really believed me?"

"Believed you?" I confirm, smiling thinly.

"Oh my God, hyung," he turns to face me completely. He was about to speak when the door opened, revealing a wasted tall guy who looked like either he just woke up or he was drunk.

I turn to face him. It was Kyuhyun. The Cho Kyuhyun, the pop singer girls drop their for. Realizing this, I bow at him, "joheun achim, Cho Kyuhyun-ssi."

He looks at me coldly and I froze. He then turns to Ryeowook and his expression changes. "Hyung? Is he your brother?"

"Y... yeah," Ryeowook nods nervously. He's shy around his boyfriend. I felt like chuckling – I would have... if I were not frozen.

Kyuhyun signals us to come in, still glaring at me. Ryeowook and I walk in stiffly. My nervousness was explainable, Kyuhyun was glowering at me (ily), but Ryeowook being nervous around his boyfriend is something very questionable.

I look around, the house was very big. It was unnecessarily spacious since Kyuhyun was living alone. There was a staircase in a condo unit, I never thought it was possible. The walls were made out of glass, you can see the beautiful outside scenery from the skyline. There were many doors lined under the stairs, I wonder what those are for.

Ryeowook sits on a couch and I follow. "Make yourself at home," Kyuhyun beams at US then walks away.

"Is your boyfriend bipolar?" I ask in a whisper, leaning beside him.

"Hyung," he whispers back nervously. "I'm terrible."

"Why?"

"I lied to you," Ryeowook stares at his laced fingers resting on his lap. "He's not my boyfriend. I only said that to get you a place to stay."

I widen my eyes at him, completely speechless. I wasn't able to lie to him that time, so he lied to me, was that it?

Moments later, Kyuhyun slowly appeared from the kitchen with one cup of noodles on each hand. "You must be hungry, eat up. I'll be back in my room," he disappears.

We remained seated on the couch. Ryeowook the TV and beamed at me. "He's friendly, I promise."

"Wookie," I turned at him with a serious expression. "You know you didn't have to lie to me," I walked back to our subject a few minutes ago.

"Hyung, if I didn't lie, you wouldn't have come here with me," he pauses to take a spoonful of noodles into his mouth. "And as your younger brother, I can't let you become a homeless man wandering somewhere. What will you do?  yourself out?"

' yourself out,' the phrase echoes in my mind and I gulp. "I see," I didn't feel like talking, "thank you."

&&

Sleazy lights and sleazy people invade the city during night. Sadly, I'm one to be involved in such sleazy acts. I look from left to right before entering a normal looking apartment. It might look normal from the outside and quiet in the inside but it's never the same in the rooms lining the halls.

I walk up to the lady in a corset sitting behind a desk in the corner of the room. "He's waiting for you," she stated before I could ask.

"Another he?" I put my bags down on the floor and threw my coat at the lady. "A face I've never seen before?"

"No," the lady grins at me. "But someone you've never ed before."

"I see, where is he?"

"The usual."

I walk towards the stairs, knowing exactly where 'the usual' is. I enter the room exactly next to the stairs. The walls were red, so are the carpet and the bed.

The water gushing out of the shower can be heard from outside the bathroom. My 'client' must be taking a shower.

I undress as I wait for him, folding my clothes neatly and setting them on the drawer and jumping to the bed, stuffing myself under the sheets. Home was never this comfortable.

Just then I heard a click. My 'client' steps out of the bathroom and I quickly shift into a sitting position. He was half . His face was covered by a towel as he was drying his hair.

"Hey," I call out.

"Hey," he looks up to face me, we both widen our eyes.

"Kyuhyun?"