Bet

Dazed

"Sorry I'm late. I dropped Seulgi off to Byul's apartment and got stuck in traffic. Have you ordered?" Irene said as she sat down.

"It's fine unnie. We just got here too. We stopped by at the company to meet with Dara unnie earlier." Jennie said handing Irene the menu. "Here."

"Thanks. Did you get in trouble?" Irene said browsing the menu.

"No. No. We were there to tell Dara unnie that Lisa and I got married last Saturday." Jennie said casually.

Irene did not bat an eye and just looked at Jennie and raised her eyebrows. Jennie at this point is no longer shock on how people react to them being married. By now she's convinced all of them knew Lisa and her will end up together. Jennie just rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Wire them." Irene avert her gaze from Jennie and looked at Lisa.

"Send me your numbers." Lisa sighed.

Irene got her phone out and sent Lisa a message. "Done."

Now this time Lisa fussed with her phone. "Done. I did hope you forgot."

"Well, I didn't." Irene shrugged. "Congratulations to the both of you." Irene smiled genuinely.

"Thank you." Lisa said smiling like a fool.

"What the hell just happened?" Jennie asked confused on her friend and wife's behaviour. 

"Just collecting." Irene said with a smirk on her face. She got back to browsing the menu.

"Collecting what?" Lisa's smile slowly fades away.

"Just collecting." Jennie was about to ask her again. She stopped and blinked a couple of times before it sank. 

Jennie turned towards her wife. "You did not just..."

Lisa raised both her hands in surrender. "It was made years ago. I'm sorry." Jennie blankly starring at her in disbelief.

"For the record at that time, we weren't friends yet. We we're more like acquaintances with common friends. Now this unnie here blindsided me. I didn't know you we're close. One day she just said lets have a bet and the rest is history." Lisa hastily explained while mentally praying to all the gods that her wife won't divorced her.

"Who else?" Jennie asked still starring blankly at her wife. She's still processing all the information.

"Who..?" Lisa started and stopped herself. She raked her brain if she made a bet with other people. She never forgot the bet with Irene because she was baited so bad to agree with it. It pissed her off so much that it never left her memory. "I don't remember anyone else aside from this one." Lisa said as she pointed her thumb towards Irene who was busy ordering their lunch.

"Tell me if your remember anything else." Jennie said turning her attention to their friend.

"Are we okay?" Lisa hesitantly asked. She reached out and clasped Jennie's hand.

"For now. And Lili.." Jennie said looking at her worried looking wife. "You're paying."

"Okay." Lisa immediately said.

"Unnie, how much did this bloke lost?" Jennie asked their friend who was busy scrolling through her phone while she and Lisa were talking.

"10 million won." Jennie gasped as she heard it.

"10 million won? million?" Jennie said in utter shock. She turned towards her wife who seemed to have shrunk on her seat. "Lili.. why?"

"Unnie initially said 20 million. I negotiated it already to half." Lisa squeezed in a smile and put two fingers up to do a peace sign. Probably not a good idea when you don't know what level of mad your wife is in.

"No, why'd you bet against yourself? You didn't think we'll end up together?" Jennie asked softly studying her wife's confused face. 

"Honestly? No. Besides you we're dating someone back then. I didn't think you'll ever notice me. And... I thought you were STRAIGHT!" Lisa whispered the last bit. Jennie was taken a back, her eyes went wide. A moment pass and Jennie burst out laughing. 

"You thought I was.." Jennie continued laughing while Lisa pouted beside her. "STRAIGHT!" Jennie wiped down tears on her eyes from laughing so hard.

"Well you certainly didn't gave off the feeling that you're not. And, you only dated men then." Lisa said, pout still on her face.

Jennie took some calming breaths to calm herself down and patted Lisa's cheeks. "I get it. Stop pouting." Jennie flashed her gummy smile and Lisa still continued to pout. "Oh! Come on Lili." Jennie said mirroring her wife.

Jennie and Lisa's gazed locked. A silent battle being fought. Irene looked on silently, enjoying her friends bickering or lack off it. As the couple continued their silent battle the food was served stealthy by the staff. She thanked them and took out her phone. She snapped a photo of the two and uploaded it on her IG story with the caption 'Choose your fighter'. She tagged all their friends, which is quite a handful, in tiny fonts. She took some photos of the food too. Picked out the most decent one and uploaded it.

"Fine!" Irene heard Jennie said. She looked up just in time for Jennie's lips to land on Lisa's pouting one. The two smiled lost in their own world.

"Really? Really? You guys really have to do that literally in front of my salad? and meat? and kimchi, basically in front of my food!" Irene deadpanned.

"Chaeyoungah is that you?" Jennie immediately matched Irene's expression.

"Touché" Irene said with a wink. She speared a forkful of her salad and started eating. The couple followed her lead and ate. The bet forgotten, for now, their lunch date went on with no more conflict.

----

Once lunch was over, Lisa and Jennie walked Irene to her car.

"Unnie, we're not hiding that we got married but we want to keep a low profile. We'll really appreciate it if it's kept within the circle." Jennie said as they stopped near Irene's car.

"Don't worry Jennie I won't tell anyone yet. I'll let you do that. You have to tell Seul too." Irene said as she unlocked her car.

"Aren't you going to tell her when you meet later?" Lisa asked.

"Nope. You guys have to do the reveal. It's more fun that way." Irene winked and got inside her car. She shut the door and started it. She lowered the window and looked at the couple. "A piece of advice, just gather the gang and tell them in one go. It saves time." She didn't wait for any of them to respond and just waved goodbye and went her way.

"Off she goes." Lisa said looking at the back of Irene's car.

"Let's get going too. We still have things to do." Jennie said grabbing onto Lisa's hands and walked towards her car.

 

 


If anyone doesn't know this yet. Byul is MAMAMOO Moonbyul. If some of you doesn't know about mamamoo yet I suggest you check them out. They're awesome.