Confounded

Dazed

"Nini, wake up, we're here." Jennie felt a gentle thumb her cheeks. She opened her eyes and was greeted by Lisa's smiling face. Jennie leaned towards Lisa's hand and gave it a kiss. "Hi."

Lisa chuckled. "Hi, we're here."

"What time is it?" Jennie slowly stretched and got out of the car.

"Past 10, pretty sure dinner was way over." Lisa head to the trunk and pop it open. She got hers and Jennie's bag out and locked it up with a thump. She carried both their bags and went back to Jennie. "Let's go. They waited long enough." She entwined their fingers and tugged Jennie towards the door.

Laughter can be heard from outside the door. When they got inside they directly went straight to Jennie's room to drop their things. Exhausted as they are, the bed was very tempting to just go and lay down to sleep. 

They both ignored it and got out of the room and find their families. With hands still entwined they got to the dining room and found both their parents with Chaeyoung and Jisoo bent over papers, laptops on top of the dining table with the home phone within reach. "Sorry we're late?" Jennie said making themselves known.

"What are you guys doing?" Lisa said observing the mess on the dining table.

"Planning." Jisoo said without further explanation.

"Planning what Chu?" Jennie asked but was met with silence.

Lisa found her parents seated beside Jennie's. They walked towards them and greeted them all. Lisa gave her mom a very tight hug and a kiss on her cheek. She did the same with her bear of a father. She missed them. She barely see them ever since she went to Korea to pursue her passion. Her parents we're very supportive of it and never hindered her. "Hi ma, daddy, how was your flight?"

"It was good. Now move aside and lemme greet your wife." Lisa feigned hurt. Eyes wide and mouth ajar. She moved aside anyway and let her mother engulf Jennie in a tight hug. The scene made her heart swell. Her attention was torn when Jennie's mom engulfed her in a hug.

"Hello dear." Mommy K said.

"Hi mom." Lisa greeted the older Kim. She has been calling her mom since Jennie introduced them to her family. The older Kim has always treated her like family. 

"How was your trip?"

"Good. The traffic was hell. Sorry we missed dinner."

"Don't mind it."

"Hi Lili." Jennie's dad greeted her.

"Daaaddd... I told you not to call her that." Jennie reprimanded her father.

Mr. Kim only chuckled and gave Lisa a hug. For a very reputable man, Jennie's dad is a softie. Many people don't know that though. Just like his daughter they look tough and quite scary at times to other people but they're both mellow and soft to the people they care about. "It's fun to ." Mr. Kim whispered. "It never gets old how she gets pissed when I call you that." Lisa just laughed at Mr. Kims' antics.

"So what's with all these mess." Jennie gestured to their dining table. She looked towards their parents, who looked away and kept mum. Jennie then directed her attention to their friends who's clearly ignoring them or is just too focused on the laptop in front of them. 

"Chichuu.." Jennie called out across the table. But she was still ignored. Losing her patience she went around it and looked at what's keeping two of her best friends busy and is hogging their attention. Flowers all kinds of flowers are on the screen. From roses to lilies to carnation to tulips in different color and arrangement. "Why are you looking at flowers?"

"It's for your wedding Jendeukie. So, shhsss.." Jisoo said without sparing a glance at Jennie.

"My wedding?" Jennie asked. Jennie felt more than saw Lisa at her side. She spun around and saw Lisa lifting a piece of paper for Jennie to read.

"Guest List?" Lisa only nodded.

"Apparently they're already planning our wedding. From the guest list, to flowers, to venue, everything." Lisa said gesturing at the chaos on the table.

"Mooommm.." Jennie said walking towards her mother and both their parents. "Explain yourselves."

"Well, you guys were late so we started without you." Mommy K calmly said.

"How can you plan it without us? Don't we have a say in it?" Jennie said clearly upset. She's happy that their parents and friends are taking the news of their engagement in stride but isn't this too much?

"Nini" Lisa said and hugged her from the back.

"Let's call it a night okay? We're all tired, so lets rest up and talk about it tomorrow." Lisa said directing the latter part to their parents. "We're gonna go ahead." Lisa slowly back away, still holding on to an upset Jennie, out of the dining room. "Good night everyone." She hollers and they both got inside Jennie's room. 

---

"Talk to me."

"It's nothing."

"Okay." Lisa just said. She knows why Jennie is upset. She can't really blame her though. She knows their family had good intentions and are just happy for the both of them but planning everything without them kinda went overboard. Lisa knows how Jennie wants to be involved into planning her own wedding. Lisa, well Lisa doesn't care much as long as she gets to marry Jennie. It doesn't matter how it got planned.

Jennie paced back and forth making Lisa dizzy as she sit on the bed watching her wife burn holes on the ground.

"Let's get married." Jennie broke the silence.

"We are getting married."

"No. What I mean is let's get married now." Jennie stopped her pacing and approached Lisa.

"Now? Like right now?" Lisa said amused. Her irritated wife still looks cute.

"Yes!"

"It's almost midnight Nini. This is not Vegas."  Lisa held Jennie's hand and pulled her in between her legs.

"So you're saying, you will if this was Vegas and people can get married anytime.?" Jennie asked looking down on Lisa as she wrapped her hands around the grey blond haired's neck. 

Lisa looked up and held Jennie's gaze. "Yes." Lisa answered truthfully. "As long as I'll be marrying you. I don't care where or when or how. If it's with you Jennie, I'll say I do wherever and whenever."

Cheeks turning red Jennie gave Lisa a small smile. "Cheesy as always Manoban." 

"Only stating facts Kim." Lisa gave a small smile of her own.

"Are we gonna keep our surnames? Do you wanna get them hyphenated? Or do we draw from a box and see whose surname gets lucky?" Jennie's rapid fire questions made Lisa's head swim. When Jennie moved her legs and straddled Lisa, her head no longer swam, it flew. It took her a while to recover and Jennie waited patiently for her answer.

"What do you want?" It's the only thing that come up on Lisa's mind.

"I'm thinking of getting them hyphenated, if that's fine with you. That way I'll still be able to keep mine, just adding yours." Jennie clearly thought this all through. That's just how it is. Jennie will always think of the details thoroughly and will ask your opinion about it. She will always consider your opinion and will adjust it accordingly.

"So, Kim-Manoban?" Lisa asked. "Manoban-Kim?" Lisa added.

"Jennie Kim-Manoban, Lalisa Kim-Manoban, Jennie Manoban-Kim, Lalisa Manoban-Kim" Lisa tested how it sounds and feel like. Truthfully both sounds great. "Both are good. Which do you prefer Nini? Let's go with that one."

"Well.. I'm slightly more biased on Manoban-Kim. Are you ok with that Lili?"

"Yep. I'm fine with whatever." Lisa said as she kissed Jennie's chubby cheeks. So damn cute.

"Great. Let's get married." Jennie leaned down and gave Lisa a kiss on the lips before standing up and moving towards her purse.

"Where?"

"Somewhere. Let's elope." Jennie picked up Lisa's purse too.

"Where?"

"Vegas? Somewhere." Jennie headed towards her dresser and picked up Lisa's cap. 

"That's too far Nini. Let's sleep for now and think again tomorrow." Lisa said calmly, still sitting at the bed watching Jennie fuss around her room.

"Okay Lili. Let's sleep. Let's wake up early and go get registered." Jennie said thinking Lisa was too tired from the shoot and also from driving both of them home.

"Okay." Lisa stood and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To tell them we're registering tomorrow."

"No, don't tell them. Let's just file it on our own and tell them after." Jennie said acting like a petulant child. Still clearly upset.

"Don't you want them to be there?"

No response.

"I get that you are upset Nini, but they are still family." Lisa moved towards Jennie and cupped her cute chubby cheeks. "For now lets sleep and talk about it again in the morning, okay?" 

Jennie sighed defeated. "Okay. Cuddle me?" She looked up and catched Lisa already staring at her. 

"Always."