Wedded

Dazed

"Who is going to walk down the aisle? And, who's going to wait at the altar-ish?" Shin asked the brides.

"Why don't we both walk down the aisle?" Jennie answered hand still entwined with Lisa. Every since she and Lisa got together she has been clinging to Lisa more. Might be because she has all the right to do it now than when they we're still not official.

"Who's going to walk first?" Shin asked while arranging some stuffs on their make shift altar.

"They can both just walk from the side at the same time." Jisoo suggested. 

"But, Chu, the aisle is at the center." Chaeyoung stated.

"So? Then don't use the aisle. Who said we need to follow the rules." Jisoo said shrugging her shoulders. She's not one of those people who is just going to follow tradition. Jisoo know Jennie isn't one to follow it too. Lisa.. well, she'll go with whatever Jennie wants. Most of what Jennie wants.

"Okay. Okay. Let's just do that. Moving on. Who's walking who?" Jennie agreed with Jisoo. She just want it to be over and done with. Not that she doesn't care about her wedding. She does. A lot. But Jennie knows they'll have another one which they'll plan thoroughly in the future. She just want it to be done and sealed in paper that Lisa is officially her wife.

"I'll take this one." Jisoo grabbed Lisa's arm separating her from Jennie. "Chaengah you take that one." Jisoo then pointed at the pouting kitten who looked like someone took her toy away.

"Okay." Chaeyoung bounced toward Jennie and cling to her arm.

"I'll take the photos" Jimin said raising her arm like a student trying to catch her teachers attention. "Give me your camera." Jimin extended her arm towards Lisa who wordlessly handed the camera which has been hanging on her neck.

"Is everything okay?" Shin asked the bunch as he finished setting up the make shift altar.

"Yeah. Let's start." Jisoo answered for all of them. She grabbed Lisa by the elbow and started to move away.

"Waiiitt. The rings?" Jennie exclaimed. Jisoo and Lisa halted on their tracks and looked back.

"Just walk first I'll give it later. Now go." Jimin immediately said.

Chaeyoung tried to steer Jennie to the other side of the room but was unsuccessful.

"Waiiit!!!" 

"What now?" Jisoo looked at her best friend. 

"What about flowers?" Jennie innocently said which made Jisoo raised her eyebrows and made Lisa smile. 

"Do you have flowers?" Jisoo asked Shin who has a smile painted across his face. He's clearly amused by what is happening in front of him.

"Umm.. I think we don't have any for weddings. Those getting wed usually bring some with them." He tried to hide his smile but Jisoo already caught him and gave him a pass.

"What about those. Can we use those? We'll just put it back there later." Jisoo said pointing at the flower vase on the table near the windows.

"Sure.." Shin hesitantly agrees.

"Chipmunk go get it. Split it and give me half of it." Jisoo instructed. 

"Okay." Chaeng immediately went and get the flowers. Her face burst into a huge grin when she got near the vase because of how fitting the flowers are for the occasion. White lilies and white roses for a wedding, what a good coincidence. She jogged back towards her friends and split the flowers into two bouquets and handed one over to Jisoo and she held on to the one for Jennie. "Here."

"Okay we're good." Jisoo said to Shin. Her brain is doing its best to get this event over so she can go have a date with her bed. 

"Veils?" Jennie cutely asked. Her body half hidden on Lisa's body. 

"How are we gonna get those here." Jisoo stated, patience clearly running low. 

"Chill. I'm just asking." Jennie noticing Jisoo is about to blow, dropped the idea of wearing a veil.

"Just shoo.. go to the other side and lets start. You can have all those things at your formal wedding." Jisoo pulled Jennie away from Lisa and handed her over to Chaeyoung. She grabbed Lisa and started walking to the other side of the room.

"Why are you in a rush?" Jennie asked as Lisa and Jisoo keeps on walking.

"I need sleep. The chipmunk needs food. And you need to get married. Now go with chaeng you mandu." Jisoo halted and turned. She first pointed at herself, she then pointed at Chaeng, and pointed at Lisa and Jennie for emphasis.

"Fine. Geez." Jennie turned away and started walking away with Chaeng hot on her trails.

"Now you." Jisoo pointed a Lisa who was silently observing the exchange.

"What? I didn't even say anything."

"Let's go." Jisoo shook her head and started walking again. Lisa followed silently.

"Waiiiit!!" Jennie frantically said from across the room.

"What is it now?" Jisoo abruptly stopped and stared at Jennie.

"Music?" Jennie clasped her hand in front of her and said it with aegyo. 

"Aigoo." Jisoo smacked her forehead out of frustration.

"Jimin-shi walk the mandu. Shin-shi can you please take the photos while this two idiots walk? Chipmunk? See that keyboard at the corner. Play something." Jisoo expertly commanded like she does this everyday.

"Gotcha." Chaeng shouted across the room. She turned to Jennie and asked what song to play, she then went and got herself settled in front of the keyboard. She quickly set it up and tune it to fit the song.

"Now, anything else?" Jisoo address everyone. By everyone, that means Jennie. Jennie shook her head and flash her gummy smile. "Good. Let's start."

---

Jisoo and Lisa stood side by side at the other end of the room. Jisoo noticed Lisa has been silent for far too long. Lisa is not the type to be silent, she's loud and jubilant, it's weird that she's so lost in thought. "Where are you right now?"

"I don't actually know. This isn't a dream right?" Disbelief evident on Lisa's voice. Jisoo pinched Lisa's side.

"Ouch! What was that for!?" Lisa grimaced. 

"It hurts right? Then this is reality. Now get your head out of the clouds." Jisoo scolded her best friend.

"Hand." Jisoo outstretched her hand. Lisa reached out and grasp it.

"Stop fidgeting. I'll tell you to not be nervous but yeah you deserve to be nervous." Jisoo squeezed Lisa's hand.

"Why are you so calm?" Lisa asked 

"I'm not the one who's going to get married." Jisoo simply stated.

"Makes sense."

"If you're like this, I can only imagine how nervous your other half is." Jisoo said knowing full well that the kitten is easily agitated. Jisoo has been friends with Jennie since childhood and know her very well. Jennie has this tendencies to be anxious when important things are happening.

"What are you doing?" Jisoo asked Lisa who let go of her hand and has now a smartphone pressed on her ear.

"Calling Jennie." Jisoo understood. Lisa knows this side of Jennie too. She stood and watched as Lisa paced waiting for the call to connect.

"Nini?" Lisa said when the call was answered. She stopped her pacing when a different voice answered it. "Can you please hand her the phone? Thanks."

Lisa held the phone closer to hear Jennie's breathing clearly. Jennie hasn't said a single word. "Take a deep breath." Lisa heard Jennie inhaled. "Hold it. Release." They repeatedly did this for a couple more times till Jennie's breathing evened out.

"Better?" Lisa barely heard Jennie said yes.

"Want me to go there?" Jennie said no.

"Are you sure?" Jennie must have been feeling better. Jennie assured Lisa that she's fine.

"Okay. I'll see you soon." Lisa knows how stubborn her wife is and will not push. "Call me. Okay? I love you."

---

"Aigoo. Stop crying both of you." Jisoo chastised Jennie and Lisa.

"Do you, Lalisa Manoban, promise to love Jennie Kim and respect her, to share your life and your dreams, to build with her a home that is a place of love, happiness, commitment and growth?

Do you promise to be a companion to Jennie Kim in all of her successes and failures, her happiness and sadness, to always give to her your unwavering support and above all else, the freedom to be herself?"

"I do." Lisa said looking at her wife's teary eyes. 

Shin proceeded to ask Jennie the same.

"I do." Jennie answered unhesitantly. There's no word she would ever want to say after that question.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife." Shin looked at both the teary eyed brides. "You may kiss your bride" Jennie and Lisa kissed briefly and sealed their union.

"Congratulations." Exclaimed by their friends. Happy to witness their special occasion even if they had to crash it just to be part of it. 

"Thank you." Answered the newly weds.

"I'll go ahead and process this. I'll send you the documents once its done on the address you provided here. Congratulations again." Shin said excusing himself and letting them savour this moment.

"Thanks." Said Jennie who's arms are still wrap on Lisa's forearm.

"Let's go." Jisoo said. She grabbed Chaeng and already started heading towards the door.

"Where are you guys going?" Jennie curiously asked.

"The chipmunk needs to be fed, same as I. So we're gonna go eat somewhere then head back. Mommy K is preparing something for dinner to celebrate you guys getting married, so go home after whatever you planned on doing." Jisoo said stating all the things Jennie should know in one go.

"Mom knew..?" Jennie asked a little taken a back. She didn't expect her mom to know, guess her mom know her so well to know what's going on with her mind and what she would do.

"Duh?"

"Okay. We'll head home after lunch. Thank you." Jennie shook her head.

"No problem Jendeukie. Are you feeling better now?" Jisoo asked her best friend. She knew about Jennie's tendencies to be anxious.

"Much better." Jennie said her face much brighter than usual.

"Limario." Jisoo looked at Lisa. They stared at each other communicating their thoughts. Jisoo telling Lisa to look out and take care of their kitten.

"I know." Lisa acknowledging Jisoo's concerns and assuring her that she will always put Jennie first.

"I'm hungry. I'm dying. Let's go Sooya." Chaeng whined tugging Jisoo's hand so they can go. She already said her congratulations to the couple and will just talk to them over dinner later. For now all she can think about is how hungry she is and how fast they can go get something to eat.

"Aishh."

"See yah newlyweds later. Bye" Jisoo waved goodbye and walked towards the building's exit. "C'mon chipmunk."

"Well, I better head back to the shop too. Congratulations to the both of you." Jimin said.

"Thank you for coming Unnie. Also, thanks for the rings." Jennie said hugging Jimin and showing how thankful she really is.

"Anytime. I'll go ahead. Bye." Jimin followed their two bestfriends out.

"Well, Mrs. Manoban-Kim. Let's go." Jennie turned towards her wife and raised her eyebrow smugly.

"Lead the way Mrs. Manoban-Kim."

---

"Hi, reservation under Jennie Manoban-Kim." Jennie confidently walked towards the restaurant's concierge.

"Hello. We've been expecting you. This way please." Jennie was greeted with a smile and was immediately assisted.

Lisa followed Jennie, they walked in a well lit hallway. The concierge opened the door on the right and entered. Lisa assumed this is one of the restaurant's VIP dining room. She entered the room and stopped on her tracks. The room was filled with all kinds of flowers. A table was set at the center with two chairs facing one another. The scene in front of her was like something that only happens in movies. She tear her eyes from the scenery and looked at her wife who's quite happy with her reaction. Jennie's gummy smile is on full display and Lisa's heart feels full.

"If you need anything else. Please don't hesitate to ring the bell." The concierge said as she excused herself. The door shut and it's just the two of them in a room full of flowers.

"Nini.." Lisa started.

"We don't have a reception. So this should do at the very least." Jennie immediately said. Lisa just shook her head and approached Jennie. Lisa kissed Jennie's forehead and sighed. 

Lisa took Jennie's hand and lead her towards the table. "Let's dig in, wife." 

---

"Mommy K, we're back." Jisoo announced as soon as she stepped inside the house.

"How did it go? Are they gonna be back for dinner?" Mommy K shouted from the kitchen. 

"They got married. They're somewhere eating lunch. I told them to be here for dinner. Let's just hope they show up. I'm gonna go sleep. Bye." Jisoo popped her head on the kitchen door immediately relaying the summarised version of what happened. She didn't wait for Mommy K's response and was off to her room after.

"What happened to her?" Mommy K turned to Chaeyoung for answers.

"Lack of sleep from playing too much." Chaeyoung said making her way towards the kitchen table.

"Again?"

"You know her." Chaeyoung glanced at Mommy K.

"Can I help you with something? Like tasting the food for example." She turned her attention towards the food on the table.

"Did you both not ate lunch?" 

"We did."

"Shouldn't have asked. I'll give you something to munch on." Mommy K said as she scooped some of the dish she was cooking.