Domino

Dazed

Lisa's dream of strolling through the streets of Paris was cut by a pricking sensation on her right arm. Her arms feels like lead and is going numb. Lisa ignores it to go back to the dream world where she was happily walking hand and hand with Jennie. Her camera always ready to snap candid photos of the woman who owns her heart. Ever since she was a kid Lisa loved the idea of immortalising moments on film. When she was old enough she asked her mom to buy her a camera. Lisa used it to capture things that leaves a mark on her. She took pictures of animals on the park, skyrise buildings, random people on the streets, anything that interests her. She always look for the perfect angle and would wait for the right amount of light before pressing the shutter. When she was in junior high, one of her work got featured on a local magazine. It was what pushed her more to pursue a career capturing wondrous moments. For the past years the contents of Lisa's captured moments are that of her best friends and Jennie. Most of her pictures are Jennie doing mundane things. Jennie staring into nothing. Jennie laughing with her friends, her gummy smile on full display. Jennie in the kitchen cooking them food. Jennie will always be Lisa's muse.

When the insistent numbness and prickling feeling on her arm did not stop, Lisa slowly opened her eyes. She blinked a couple of times trying to adjust to the brightness of the room. It must be almost noon based on the amount of light seeping in from the blinds on the window. When her eyes fully adjusted it landed on the cause of her numbing arm. A patch of hair greeted her. She slowly traced it down to find Jennie's adorable angelic face tucked into the base of her neck. Jennie's body completely wrapped with Lisa's, their legs are intertwined, Jennie's arms draped around Lisa's stomach.

Lisa's numbing arm temporarily forgotten, she leaned down and placed a kiss on Jennie's forehead.  The brunette mumbled incoherently and held Lisa tighter. "Good."

Lisa proceeded to kiss Jennie on her cheek, the brunette did not even move a muscle. "Morning."

She then kissed her cute little nose, still no response. "My."

Lisa boldly lean forward and pecked Jennie's lips. "Jennie." When Lisa moved away a sigh escaped Jennie's lips. Lisa can't help but chuckle at the brunette, acting like she's asleep to get more kisses. It's not like Lisa is against it. In fact Lisa loves it, but Lisa would like to keep her arm attached to her body. The numbness is getting worse. She kissed both Jennie's eye's and slowly started to nudge her. "Nini wake up."

"Hmm.." Is all Jennie's response.

"Nini, I love you wrapped around me always but I can't feel my arm." 

Jennie jerked upright worried eyes opening wide. "I'm sorry, are you ok? Where does it hurt?."

"Calm down. My arm just fell asleep. No biggie." Lisa started to stretch her right arm to get back the feeling. Lisa felt Jennie delicately pressing her palms and fingers into her arm, carefully massaging it and not cause more pain to Lisa.

Regaining the feeling on her arm, Lisa efficiently flipped her unsuspecting girlfriend back into the bed. Her face merely inches away from the brunette.

"Thank you." Lisa dived in and planted a kiss on Jennie's luscious lips. "Good morning Nini." Lisa greeted with much enthusiasm.

"Morning Lili." Jennie said, holding back Lisa's hair preventing them to crowd up her beautiful face. She tugged at Lisa's neck to bring her closer. Their lips we're about to touch when they heard a gurgling sound.

"Really?"

"Sorry, i haven't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon." Lisa meekly said.

"It's fine. C'mon lemme cook you something." Jennie pecked Lisa's lips and got out of bed.

------

Jennie heard the door opened and shut close loudly, followed by hurried footsteps towards the kitchen. Jennie didn't need to check who it was. The footsteps already gave the person away, but the half scream that followed confirmed it.

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung! How dare you shut the door on my face!"

"Food is calling! Every woman for themselves!"

"Aishh! I'll let this one pass cause you treated me to lunch! Do it again and I'll starve you!"

"Wifeeeyyy!!! Please tell me there's still some left!" Chaeyoung whines while making her way towards the kitchen where Jennie was just plating the food she prepared for lunch, we'll lunch for her and Lisa, is eating lunch at 4pm still considered as lunch?. She knew both Rosie and Jisoo will be back soon and decided to cook for them too. Cook for Rosie specifically, cause her hubby has a huge amount of love for food.

"Hi hubby, good timing I just finished cooking. Can you set the table please?"

Chaeyoung doesn't need to be told twice. She gave Jennie a salute like a soldier receiving an order from her commander. She went and get the plate and utensils and set the table in a flash. She was done even before Jennie finished plating the food. 

"You call her wifey now, when earlier you were scared just to wake her up." Jisoo shook her head. "It's amazing what food do to you" Jisoo quipped amused.

"Shut up!"

"Lili! Hurry up! The food is ready!" Jennie shouted. Ignoring the bickering of her friends.

"I'm coming!" Lisa came running towards them, shirt in hand. Her toned upper body in full display. 

"Here. Here." Lisa said, stopping near her chair in the dining room. She lift the shirt above her head, flexing her toned stomach in the process. Her disheveled head passing through the shirts hole followed by her arms. Clad in an oversize shirt, she looks like a teenaged boy who just hit his puberty.

"This" Jisoo pointing at Lisa. "never gets old."

"We're living with a boy." Chaeyoung stated.

"What?" Lisa looked back and forth at Jisoo and Chaeyoung.

"A pubescent boy." Jisoo added.

Jennie just patted Lisa's head to somehow tame her hair which was all over the place. "Nevermind it Lili, just sit down, I'm starving. Let's eat."

Lisa just shrugged and sat on her chair beside Jennie. Her seat was across Chaeyoung's, who was already busy devouring her food. "Yah! Cheangah! Breathe! Why'd you have to always look like we starved you for days. Geez."

"Let her be. Ain't she cute though? She looks like a chipmunk eating her food." Jisoo poked Chaeyoung's cheek and laughed. Cheayoung just continued chewing her food and ignored everyone.

They all followed Chaeyoung's lead and ate their food. 

"So..." Jisoo started. "What happened last night?"

"No..nothing happened." Lisa stuttered startled at the question. Her eyes went wide and looked at Jennie pleadingly.

"None?" Jisoo directed the question at Lisa who looks like a child who just got caught with her hands inside the cookie jar. "Then what's with the text we received then?" 

"Oh.. that.." Lisa recovered. Exhaling the air she's been holding in. Minnie must have texted her friends to come and get her. "Someone put something on my drink. But, it's fine now. Nini arrived just on time to get me out of there."

"I was late. That stupid man was all over you when I arrived." Jennie angrily said. It still pisses her off when she remembered how Lisa was wrapped around someone else's arms. Jennie felt Lisa reached for her hand under the table and squeezed it gently. She sighed exhaling all the anger that has been brewing moments ago.

"Who was it?" 

"I don't know. Someone called Ju? Jung? Jun?"

"It was Jungkook oppa. I worked with him before." Lisa said tracing tiny circles on Jennie's hand trying to calm Jennie.

"So that's his name." Jennie filed it and shelved it for future use. 

"You kicked his though. Literally." Lisa said sporting her usual smirk.

"Wait. You kicked someone Jendeukie!?" 

"I guess so. Yeah?"

"Whoa. That's new. I never thought you to be a violent person." Jisoo said, she then looked and pointed at Lisa. "I would've expected it from this one, guess she's rubbing up on you."

"Maybe."

Jennie leaned closer to Lisa and whispered on her ear. "Is it bothering you?."

Lisa raised an eyebrow silently asking what?

"The ring. You've been turning and twisting it on your finger nonstop. Is it bothering you? Does it fit alright? Wanna go and get it replaced? Just tell me." Jennie rested her chin on Lisa's shoulder. Gazed still locked on the grey blond hair beautys' hand.

"No. I love it." Lisa said pecking Jennie's lips. "I just still can't believe that I'm wearing it." Jisoo and Chaeyoung silently observed them.

One of them did.

"YES!!! finally!" Jennie and Lisa's love bubble got burst when Chaeyoung happily screamed. She abruptly stood up, her chair wobbled and almost fell down to the floor. She pace, no, more like hopped around clapping like a seal. Jisoo stood and hold Chaeyoung down before she injured herself.

"Finally what?" Lisa asked. Tilting her head to the side.

"You guys are finally together!!" Chaeyoung said still clapping while Jisoo hugged her back to hold her down.

"Oh." Both Lisa and Jennie blushed. "Yeah."

"Omo.. Yay.. It was frustrating to know that both of you are oblivious to the fact that you've been dating each other for years. And now. Now. It's finally official. It makes me so happy." Chaeyoung said bouncing and clapping on her spot. Jisoo bouncing with her.

"Calm down! you chipmunk."

"I can't help it. Aren't you happy? We don't need to hold ourselves back. We don't need to stop ourselves from getting them together."

"Yes! Yes! Now calm down please." Jisoo said. Struggling to hold Chaeyoung down.

"Is that what I think it is?" Chaeyoung squealed efficiently extracting herself from Jisoo's hold. She rushed towards Lisa and held up Lisa's hand. "Please tell me Jennie gave this and you didn't bought it for yourself. And its what I think it is." Chaeyoung said with full blown puppy dog eyes directed at Lisa. Her eyes communicating her need to know.

Lisa wanted to dragged it all out but can no longer resist Chaeyoung's eyes. "Yes. Jennie gave it to me." Chaeyoung didn't need to voice out her next question. Lisa read it through her eyes. "And yes again to that."

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Yes!!!" Chaeyoung yelled like she had just won the lottery. She rushed and run towards her room. Leaving the other 3 dumbfounded on what just happened.

"Okay. What just happened?" Jisoo asked.

"I told her that Jennie and I are together."

"Uhuhh.. you and Jennie are together"

"And, that Jennie is my fiancee."

"Okay. Jennie is your fiancee." Jisoo reiterate. "What! You guys are engaged?" This time it was Jisoo who yelled. "Since when?"

"Last night." Lisa answered.

"So something did happen last night. Aren't you guys moving too fast? What about dating?"

"Well, like Rosie said. We've apparently been dating each other for years. So it's really not too fast?"

"You have a point Jendeukie. But that wasn't official."

"It's fine Chichu." Jennie reassured Jisoo. Jisoo just nodded in understanding.

Chaeyoung hasn't come out of her room yet. But, drawers can be heard being opened and things being moved around can be heard.

"I'm really really happy for the both of you." Jisoo sincerely said. She's known Jennie since they were kids. She knew her best friend was in love with Lisa. Jennie always go to her when she gets frustrated or more like jealous of the people Lisa is close to. Jisoo lets her rant and give some advice but never told Jennie that Lisa loves her too. Jisoo wants things to progress at their own pace. She also did not want to be the one to tell either of her friends that they both had feelings for each other. Unlike Chaeyoung who would have spilled it all if Jisoo didn't stop her. If these two fights she wouldn't know what to do, while Jennie is her best friend she sees Lisa as her little sister, if they did end up fighting Jisoo will have to remain neutral. "So when are you guys getting married?"

"Now!" Chaeyoung popped up and announced. She unfold the paper in her hands and laid it on the table in front of Jennie and Lisa. "All you need to do is sign, I already filled it out" Chaeyoung said handing Lisa the pen she's been holding.

Jennie grabbed the paper and read. Rosie handed them a filled out marriage contract. "Where'd you get this?"

"From the civil registry." Chaeyoung nonchalantly said.

"When and why do you have it?" 

"I dunno. A year or so? I wanted to be prepared just in case." Chaeyoung shrugged. "Stop asking questions and just sign the damn thing."

"This one has too much faith you'll both stop being stupid." Jisoo gesturing at Chaeyoung who was starring at Jennie and Lisa.

"Why'd does it have your name and signature as witness Chichu?"

"I had faith too." Jisoo deadpanned.

While Jennie was busy asking both their friends questions. Lisa scribbled her signature on the form Chaeyoung provided. She internally thanked her best friend for being so prepared. Lisa didn't think everything through but Chaeyoung sure did. Chaeng must have noticed Lisa finished signing the document. She moved it over to Jennie and teared the pen out of Lisa's grasp handing it to Jennie's hands. "Now you sign wifey."

"Wha.. you signed it already?" Jennie turned her attention to Lisa.

"Yeah."

"Why? We haven't even told our parents yet."

"I told you Nini, you're the one for me. We can tell yours now. Let's head over to your house, we should probably get your things too. I know you didn't bring them last night when you came and get me."

"How can you be so calm? Don't you think everything is moving too fast?"

"No. You make me calm." Lisa squeezed Jennie's hand. "Are you having second thoughts Nini?"

"No. No I'm not." 

"Hello?" The voice caught Jennie and Lisa's attention.

"Sawadikap." Lisa's eyes went wide. While Jennie raised her eyebrows at her best friend who was holding the phone on her right hand.

"Nyongan." Jisoo greeted.

"Good news or bad news Jisooya?" Jennie heard her mom said.

"Mommy K, Mama M, you're on speaker right now and both your not so small beans are here." Chaeyoung said. Informing both of their mothers that they're there listening.

"Oh." Jennie's mom said. Lisa's mom is still keeping quiet, just listening to their conversation.

"Wait a bit mommies." Jisoo said. She directed her attention to the new couple. "Who asked first?"

"I did." Lisa answered. "Why?"

"Shsss.. Who said yes first?" Jisoo continued her inquiry.

"I did. I think." Jennie said. Confusion on her face. "What's with these questions Chu?"

"Mommy K, I guess you won. We'll Mama M also won. Chaeng won too. I also won. Guess we're all winners."

"Geez. You could've just said no one lost. Why'd you have to say it like that?" Chaeng said shaking her head at Jisoo and her weird ways.

"It's my style."

"Guess Jennie's dad lost then. Come over we'll celebrate at his expense." Mommy K said a hint of mischief on her voice.

"Celebrate what mom?"

"You, finally being officially in a relationship. I'm just happy one of you finally asked the other out."

"Mommy K. They're engaged by the way. Chaeng is still trying to make them sign the marriage contract. Lisa already did, but your daughter haven't yet. She was hesitant because you guys didn't know yet. That's why I called."

"What the hell Chu?"

"What?"

"Shouldn't it be us who tell them these things and not over the phone?"

"It's fine. Besides knowing you it'll take a while before you even manage to tell them."

"Omo. Omo. Really? Sign it Jennie. Don't be as stubborn as your dad." Mommy K said excitedly. 

"Ma? Are you crying? Don't cry." Lisa said leaning forward talking near the phone. It was subtle but Lisa heard her mom stifled a sob.

"Don't mind me. Are you happy Lalisa?" Lisa's mother asked.

"Yes. I'm happy." Lisa said honestly.

"Good. I'm happy for you. I'll book the earliest flight, we'll fly over and see you."

"Okay. I love you ma."

"I love you too. And Jennie?"

"Yes?" 

"She's a handful. But, please take care of her."

"I will." Jennie lifted their joined hands and kissed the back of Lisa's hand which earned an 'aww' from Chaeng followed by a 'shushh' from Jisoo.

After hearing Jennie's reassurance Lisa's mom disconnected.

"Jennie."

"Mom."

"Just sign it and don't be stubborn." Mommy K repeated. "Come over when Lisa's parents arrive."

"Yes mom."

"And Jennie? I'm happy for you." 

"Thanks mom."

"Lisa? She's stubborn, has a bit of temper and the jealous type so please be patient with her."

"Mooommm!" Jennie whined while Lisa just snorted.

"I know. I will."

"Sooyah, keep us updated. I'll see you. Bye." With that, the call ended.

"Chichuu!!!"

"What? By the way sign that already Jendeukie." Jisoo said pointing at the paper in front of Jennie.

"I can't believe you did that." 

"You look like you needed the push. Now your parents know, problem solved. Sign it already."

"Fine." Jennie signed the contract. "There. Done."

"Congratulations!" Chaeyoung cheered.

"Not yet official hubby. Calm down. Who gave you too much sugar?"

"Herself." Jisoo said. "She was buying sweets left and right and eating them."

"Nini." Lisa tugged at their joined hands.

"Yeah?" Jennie turned to her wife, unofficial wife, she felt Lisa's software lips against hers and she instinctively closed her eyes. Her hand automatically find its place on Lisa's neck pulling her closer. Lisa's tongue poked Jennie's lip asking for entry, Jennie was about to open when Jisoo cleared .

"Okay! Keep it PG please." Jennie and Lisa broke apart, cheeks red in embarrassment.

"Sorry." Jennie said for the both of them.