Resolute

Dazed

"That didn't end well." Mr. Kim said.

"We won't get invited now." Mommy K sighed.

"What do you mean?" Mama M asked. Voice laced with concern.

"Jennie is pissed." Mommy K plainly said.

"Yeah, we noticed. But what do you mean we won't get invited?" Marco, Lisa's dad asked.

"We started planning their wedding without them. My guess is my stubborn daughter will just get married without us knowing." Mommy K sat down and gesture for all of them to do the same. There's nothing much they can do now she thought.

"I'm sure Lali won't let that happen." Mama M said with full faith in her daughter.

"Lisa will try.." Mommy K carefully said. She knew her other daughter will try to persuade her beau to change her mind. But, she also knew her stubborn of a daughter won't be easily persuaded.

"In case you haven't noticed our dear Limario is whipped. That girl won't be able to do much." Jisoo said across the table playing with her water bottle.

"What do we do now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"We sleep. There's nothing we can do now." Mommy K said resigned to the fact that they blew it. "Tomorrow we'll grovel." Not like it'll work.

"If only you didn't say we should start planning their wedding Sooyaahh." Chaeng whined.

"What? Me? I only made a suggestion. You guys agreed and went aboard. Don't blame it all on me." Jisoo said gesturing to her self. She looked at every single one of them and they all have the same look. Guilt written all over their faces.

"Enough. Adults and young adults. Let's all go to sleep and deal with it tomorrow." Mr. K interfered before the blaming game even started.

"Let's just hope Limario can calm our kitten." Jisoo said standing up. She picked up her phone and went to the guest room. She might as well play, there's nothing to do now.

 

----

 

"Lili, wake up. Let's go." Lisa woke up being shaken by an already made up Jennie.

"Huh? Go? Go where?" Lisa asked. Head still hazy from sleep. Her hair is a mess and morning stars decorated her eyes.

"Out." It's all she heard from the brunette.

"What time is it?" Lisa asked searching for the clock on the bedside table. 6:23 A.M. it reads. Too early for Lisa's liking. She's more surprised that Jennie is already up. Jennie likes to sleep in more than she does.

"Time to prepare some stuff. Come on. Go and shower. I'll leave your clothes here." Jennie helped her up and pushed her towards the bathroom. Lisa saw Jennie laying down clothes on the bed.

"I'll bring you coffee." Lisa heard Jennie said before disappearing behind the door.

No stopping her now. With a grunt Lisa went towards the bathroom to shower. Guess it's a good day to get married. She thought as she stretched her long limbs.

 

----

 

"Jennie.." Mommy K carefully approached her daughter in the kitchen. She's clearly up to something. She knows how her daughter likes to sleep. It's only when she has work, school or something important to do that you'll catch her up and about as early as six.

"Hi mom, good morning." Jennie greeted.

"About last night.." Mommy K started.

"It's fine." Jennie cut her off.

"We really didn't mean to not get you guys involved. We're just too excited for the both of you." Mommy K explained. Hoping her daughter will understand.

"It's fine mom." Jennie answered briefly raising the mug of hot coffee. "Gonna go get this coffee to Lisa."

Jennie was out of the kitchen before Mommy K can even start grovelling. "It's worse than we thought." Mommy K said to her husband who just came in.

"Just gonna have to accept the consequences." Mr. K shrugged. He poured himself some coffee and settled on the table. He unfolds the newspaper and started to read.

"Why are you so calm?" Mommy K sat down opposite her husband and drank from her own mug.

"Because I'm just happy she'll be married while I'm still alive. Regardless if I'm able to be part of it or not. As long as she's happy and is with someone who treasures her, I'm good." He took a sip on his mug and turn the page of the newspaper.

"If you put it that way. I'll just let them do what they want." Mommy K sighed. She leaned back and let all the stress go away. "You do realize they'll be married by the end of the day right?"

"Yep."

"They'll probably be done by noon. I should go buy some groceries and cook their favourite food." Mommy K said. Thinking of the things she needs to buy for dinner.

"Reception?"

"Kinda. Should I buy some cake?" Mommy K picked up her phone and started listing down what she needed.

"Hmm.. Yeah.. let's go. I'll drive you." Mr. K folded his newspaper and gulp down his remaining coffee.

"Should we drag the kids?"

"What for?"

"To keep an eye on them. They might do something stupid. Then Jennie will do something equally stupid, like flying abroad just to get hitched." Mommy K flatly explained. She knew her daughter well and it's not farfetched that'll she'll resort to going as far away as north pole just to do what she wanted to do.

"Let's just gather everyone then."

"Go inform Lisa's parents. I'll go to tell the young ones."

"Okay." They both got up and was about to head to the bedrooms when they saw their daughters exit the front door.

"There they go."

"Let's leave in an hour." Mr. K said.

"Make that two. Let them have a head start."

 

---

 

"So where to first?" Lisa asked as she drove them back to the city.

"Let's go get the rings." Jennie said. Her eyes haven't left her phone all morning.

"Are they even done?"

"I told Jimin to get it done asap. It should probably be done when we arrive."

"When did you tell her?"

"I texted her before we went home last night."

Lisa only nodded.

"Hello, good morning." Jennie held her phone on her right ear. She leaned back on the car seat and turned to face Lisa whose smoothly driving them to the city. She loves being in the passenger seat. She can stare at Lisa and memorize every detail of her doll like face unrestricted.

"I called earlier. Can we move the reservation to 1pm. I think we'll be running a little late." She said to Hyoyeon whom she talked to earlier.

"Jennie Kim." Jennie said when asked for the name the reservation was under. She caught herself and remembered she made it under her soon to be name. "Sorry. It's actually Jennie Manoban-Kim" Jennie saw Lisa smile when she said it. Someone's happy.

"Yeah. Thanks." Jennie thanked Hyoyeon and ended the call.

"I'm guessing that's lunch?" Lisa asked as she reached over and entwined their hands.

"Yeah."

"Tempting." Lisa chuckled and caressed Jennies thumb.

"I won't tell."

"I know." They knew each other so well they don't even need to ask the question and the other already knew what it is.

 

---

 

"Is it done?" Jennie plowed through the door of the jewelry store and got in straight to Jimin's face.

"Hi to you too Jennie-shi. Yes, I'm fine thank you for asking." Playfully said.

"I'm sorry." Jennie deflatedly said. She was just too excited and never meant to be rude.

"It's fine. You're so anxious. Want some tea?" Jimin held Jennie by the shoulders to ease her up a bit.

"No. I'm fine." Jennie took a deep breath and let it go.

"I would. Good morning by the way. Excuse Jennie, she's a bit strung." Lisa interrupted.

"And you're not?" Jimin asked. She's the opposite of what Jennie is currently in. She's more calm.

"I am. A bit." Lisa honestly said. She is a bit nervous, excited, all of those things. But its a bad thing if both Jennie and her won't get a grip. She'll just allow her girl to do all that while she tries her hardest to remain calm and ready to reign in Jennie if she ever did go overboard.

"That's good."

"How is that even good?"

"Just good." Jimin offered no explanation. It means you're sure enough on where you are and who you're going to be with that's why you're so calm.

"Now sit." Jimin gestured to both women and walked away.

When Jimin was out of the room Lisa looked at Jennie and asked. "You okay?"

"Jittery. But I'm fine." Jennie's been feeling anxious since last night. She hardly slept and was awake earlier than usual. She just want this over and done with. They can just have the extravagant wedding they want to have in the future. Jennie just want to be with Lisa. It's not that they're not together. She just want it to be more official. All this planning and stuff is making her anxious. Her parents and bestfriends planning it without them only made it worse.

"Come here." Lisa sat on the sofa and gestured for Jennie to join her. "Sit." Lisa parted her legs and made room for Jennie. Lisa felt Jennie's indecisiveness and saw Jennie lift her brows up. "Let's not argue here, just sit." Lisa patted the space between her legs.

Jennie yielded and sat. Lisa's arms immediately engulfed Jennie's small figure in a hug. "Better?"

"Uhhuh"

"Me too."

Both girls look up when they notice a flash went off. "Sorry. Can't help it. You're too cute."

"Send it to me." Jennie threatened, pouting.

"Here you go." Jimin handed Lisa her tea. Ignoring the pouting kitten caged on her owners arms.

"Thanks a lot Unnie." Lisa said as she slowly drank her tea. She shared it with a reluctant Jennie.

"Anytime. Now lets go." Jimin grabbed her car keys on her table and grabbed her jacket by the door.

"Huh?" Jennie cocked her head.

"I'm coming with you." Jimin said holding up the box containing their wedding bands. She went out the door and both Lisa and Jennie followed suit.

 

-----

 

"Oh god! Wifey! I thought you guys weren't coming." Chaeng said rushing towards Lisa and Jennie.

"Hubby?"

"Chaengah?"

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked looking around the vicinity. Checking if the others are also here.

"Attending. Obviously." Chaeyoung snorted.

"Huh?"

"We all know you'll do this." Chaeyoung shrugged and looked directly at Jennie. Jennie still keeps scanning around.

"Let's get started. I'm hungry." Chaeyoung moved between Lisa and Jennie. She linked both their arms at the elbows and started walking towards the civil registry office. "Oh! And you forgot this." She pulled a piece of paper out of her jeans pocket and handed it to Jennie.

"Are they all here?" Jennie can't resist to ask.

"No. Just Jisoo and I."

"Where is Chu?" Jennie looked at the taller girl beside her.

"Sleeping." Chaeyoung said as they entered the office. "She played games till morning. She's in the lounge sleeping." Pointing at the lounges' direction. They walked towards it to go and wake Jisoo up.

"And they allowed it?" Jennie said astonished that they let Chichu sleep here.

"Who's your friend? I thought Lisa's your wife? But why did she call you wifey?" Jimin who silently followed them asked Jennie who was being pulled by the blond.

"Ah yeah.. This is Rosie. One of our bestfriends." Jennie gestured at the blond. "I call her hubby." She looked at Jimin and asked her with her eyes to just accept that as the explanation.

"Hubby, this is Jimin."

"Nice to meet you." Chaeyoung extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Jimin shook Chaeyoung's hand.

While Jennie was busy with the introduction. Lisa went to Jisoo who was sleeping seated at the couch. "Jisoo-yah." Lisa poked Jisoo's nose.

"Jisoo-yah, wake up." Lisa poked Jisoo's cheeks repeatedly. Lisa's hand got slapped and Jisoo just snuggled comfortably at the couch.

"Jisoo-yah wake up or I'll kiss you." Lisa held Jisoo by the shoulders and shook her.

"Geez. No." Jisoo forcibly woke herself up.

 

-----

 

"Hi. Good morning. We're here to get registered." Jennie said when she approached the registration desk.

"Good morning. Here's the form. Just fill it out and give it back to me. Do you want a small ceremony or just the paper work?" The attendant cheerily said.

"We already have a form filled out." Jennie handed out the form Rosie gave to her earlier. "Here."

"Just the paper work then, since both of you already signed this one." The attendant said as he accept the accomplished form. "Does both the witnesses who signed this, present?" He asked holding the form up.

"Yes. Do we need a new one for the ceremony?" Jennie curiously asked

"Not really. Do you have rings?" He asked while inputting their names to the registry. "If not we can provide some. We also have flowers for bouquets."

"Yeah. We brought our rings."

"That'll do." He typed more. A few clicks here and there and he stood up. "Follow me."

"Just wait a minute. I'm gonna go get my bride." Jennie hurriedly said.

"Isn't she your bride?" Gesturing at Chaeng who quietly stayed beside Jennie.

"No." Jennie answered. "No offense hubby."

"None taken." Chaeng raised her hands and waved them.

"Where is she then?" He asked.

Jennie turned and look at the mess at her back. She caught the two trouble makers engaged in some sort of wrestling. Her wife is trying to pin down Jisoo and is attempting to kiss her, while Jisoo is trying to parry all of Lisa's attacks. They're at it again. Those two crackheads. She jogged the short distance and pried Lisa and Jisoo from each other.

"What the hell are they doing?" He asked Chaeyoung who remained where she was and was just observing her friends getting scolded by Jennie.

"Is everything gonna be okay? I mean one of them is the bride right?"

"Totally. That's kinda normal." Chaeyoung snickered as Lisa and Jisoo both got a bonk on the head.

"So who's the partner?"

"The tall one."

"They look good together." He said as Lisa and Jennie started walking towards them side by side.

"They sure do right? I ship em." Chaeyoung proudly said. "I've been shipping them for years and this is finally happening. You cannot imagine how ecstatic I am."

"I'm Chaeyoung by the way. Thanks for assisting us today." Chaeyoung turned and faced the man they have been talking to for a few minutes.

"No problem. I'm Shin" Shin said answering Chaeyoung.

"I'm just glad you're not one of them."

"Who?" Shin paused.

"Homophobes."

"Ahh." Shin always treat everyone equally. It's not just part of his job but also part of who he is as a person. "People love differently and we all should respect that."

"Okay. We're good to go." Jennie said as they reached both Chaeng and Shin.

"This way."