Chapter 7: Byulsday

Being In Love

 

Moonbyul couldn’t get the image out of her head. The way Yongsun’s soft lips were pressed against her cheek. Her smile, her blush, her-

 

Ugh! I’m going crazy! These feelings so much!

 

It was Moonbyul’s birthday today and all of her friends and family wanted to celebrate it at different times. Moonbyul agreed to all of them. She was first going to hang with her long-time friends, then with her new friends, and then with her family. Moonbyul sighed. She was gonna see Yongsun after what happened, and she was nervous. Hopefully, that kiss didn’t change their friendship. She got up, grabbed her keys, and headed to her first destination. Moonbyul parked her car in front of Yeri’s house… great. She was going to celebrate her birthday at one of the many places she wanted to try to forget about. Moonbyul originally didn’t plan to come to the party at all, but Yongsun nagged at her to come, so she went.

 

"You’re so whipped for her."  Moonbyul sighed and got out of the car. She ranged the bell as soon as she reached the door. The door then swung open, revealing Seulgi at the door.

 

“Happy Birthday Moonbyul!” Seulgi yelled excitedly.

 

“Thank you, can I come in? I’m freezing out here.”

 

“Oh yeah, for sure.” Seulgi moved to the side to let Moonbyul in.

 

As soon as she entered, she was immediately greeted by cheers to wish her a happy birthday. She smiled and said her thanks to each of the people who wished her a happy birthday. After Moonbyul was finished saying thanks, she went up to her party group who wished her a happy birthday and Moonbyul again said her thanks.

 

“So, what are you and your girlfriend gonna do for your birthday later?” Minhyuk said wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Moonbyul groaned. “Yongsun is not my girlfriend and we, including Hyejin and Wheein, are gonna go hang out somewhere after this.”

 

“That’s what they all say,” Bomi said.

 

Moonbyul was about to say something, but Sandeul interrupted her.

 

“Guys, we all know Yongsun is not Moonbyul’s girlfriend.”

 

“Thank you, Sandeul.”

 

“She’s her wife.”

 

“You bastard!” Moonbyul punched Sandeul.

 

Everyone laughed as Sandeul cried out in pain. As the laughs died down, Amber spoke.

 

“Can you believe this is gonna be my last month with you guys?”

 

“Yeah, it that you’re moving.” Minhyuk sadly said.

 

“Yeah, but I sure won’t miss the weather here.”

 

The group laughed at that.

 

“But Moonbyul, I want to tell you something,” Amber said full of worry.

 

“What?”

 

“The family moving into my house. We got to see them and…”

 

“And what?”

 

“It’s… Minji, her family bought my house.”

 

Moonbyul froze once she heard Minji’s name.

 

Minji is moving back here? But why?

 

After she got over her and got her life together, she comes back. The past soon comes flooding in and Moonbyul was about to cry when a hand was gently placed on her shoulder, bringing her back to reality. She looked to her right and saw Sandeul smile softly at her. She sighed shakily. “Thanks.”

 

Sandeul dropped his hand. “Yeah, no problem. Just know we’re always here for you, okay?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Sorry for telling you Byul.”

 

Moonbyul smiled weakly at Amber. “No don’t be I’m glad you told me. Now come, this is a party to celebrate my birth not a pity party.”

 


 

After a while, Moonbyul left the party to go meet up with Wheein, Hyejin, and Yongsun. After a while she reached the mall and entered, heading to the spot the group decided to meet up at. As she reached the indoor water fountain, she smiled to see a bouncing Wheein waving to her with both of her arms.

 

“MOONBYUL, WE’RE RIGHT OVER HERE!!!”

 

She finally reached the group and said hi to the two. Though she couldn’t find Yongsun. “Where’s Yongsun?”

 

“Ah, she said she needed to get something quickly before you came here, but I guess she was too slow,” Hyejin answered.

 

Moonbyul nodded and the three waited for Yongsun to return. After waiting for about five minutes, Yongsun came back holding a small box.

 

“What took you so long?” Moonbyul asked.

 

“Only getting you your gift from my car, but I couldn’t find it.” Yongsun handed out the box for Moonbyul to take. “Don’t worry I found it. It was in my pocket the whole time.”

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes and laughed as she took the small box. Guessing by the size of the box, it had to be some type of jewelry. She tried to open the box.

 

“NO!” Yongsun yelled, startling everyone around them and Yongsun blushed in embarrassment by her sudden volume and she quickly apologized before she looked at Moonbyul.

 

“Don’t open it just yet. Open it when you get home.”

 

“Then why give it to her now?” Hyejin questioned.

 

“I didn’t want to forget. The box was literally in my pocket the whole time while I was looking for it in my car.”

 

“Understandable.”

 

“Guys, I’m about to die out of boredom just standing here. Let’s go to that arcade I saw when I entered. Come on let’s go.” Wheein grabbed Hyejin’s arm and ran towards the direction the arcade was located.

 

Moonbyul and Yongsun walked as fast as possible, trying not to lose Wheein and Hyejin. Though a hyper Wheein is fast enough to catch up to a cheetah and the two were left behind.

 

“Dang. Huh. Wheein sure is. Huh. Fast.” Yongsun panted through breathes.

 

“That’s why we. Huh, call her. Huh, Wheepup. Huh.”

 

The two walked as they tried to catch their breaths. Knowing Wheein and Hyejin are already at the arcade and forgot about them already, the two did a little shopping before they go to the arcade. They could always say they didn’t know where to go. Wheein would understand.

When they finally got to the arcade after an hour and a half, they were met with an angry Wheein and a not amused Hyejin.

 

“Where were you two?!?” Wheein yelled.

 

“We were… lost?” Moonbyul shrugged as she smiled sheepishly. Showing the many bags she didn’t have earlier.

 

“LIES!!!”

 

“Calm down Wheein, we got you food~” Yongsun handed Wheein and Hyejin cinnamon pretzel bites.

 

Wheein squinted at them as she took a piece and instantly made a satisfying sound with the food she received.

 

“You are forgiven a little bit, but I’m still mad at you. Just a little.” Wheein said and continued eating her bites.

 

The two sighed in relief and the four then went back to play in the arcade using Moonbyul’s money of course.

 

“We’re celebrating my birthday and I’m the one who has to pay?”

 

“Thank you Moonbyul.” Hyejin smiled and Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

 

Wheein and Hyejin were busy playing with the claw machine as Wheein was desperately trying to get this plushie. Moonbyul and Yongsun went and played competitive games against each other. They first played basketball which Moonbyul destroyed Yongsun in. Second, they played a digital shooter which Yongsun equally destroyed Moonbyul in. And to settle the score on who’s the best at arcade games they did a punching game which was a very close match, but Yongsun ultimately won.

 

“Remind me to not mess with you ever again.”

 

“Will do, or else you’re gonna catch these hands the next time we fight,” Yongsun smirked and Moonbyul chuckled nervously.

 

The four then met up at the laser tag entrance to do a two v two before they left. Wheein and Yongsun vs. Moonbyul and Hyejin. It was very chaotic, Yongsun and Wheein kept running around screaming making Moonbyul and Hyejin easily find them, but feel like they were gonna go deaf when they got close enough to shoot them. Moonbyul and Hyejin were also cheating by hiding their chest plates the whole game. The game soon ended with Hyejin and Moonbyul as the winners.

 

“That wasn’t fair, you guys cheated.” Yongsun grumpily said.

 

Moonbyul laughed. “maybe you should’ve used your brain instead of screaming the whole time.”

 

Yongsun lightly punched Moonbyul and they four laughed as they went shopping or looked around the mall for the remaining time of their hangout. Soon Wheein and Hyejin’s rides came to pick them up leaving the two behind again.

 

“Have fun on your date,” Wheein called out before they left.

 

“Wait for what!?!” Moonbyul yelled, but Wheein didn’t get to hear as the car already left.

 

“I guess we should go home too since you’re also gonna celebrate your birthday with your family,” Yongsun said.

 

“I guess, but I have fun hanging out with you. They can always wait.”

 

“I love hanging out with you too, but you should spend these last few hours with your family, we can always hang out next time.”

 

Moonbyul smirked. “A next time? Yongsun already wanting to hang out with me. OW!” Moonbyul rubbed her bruised arm.

 

“Did you forget that I beat you in the punching game?”

 

“Okay, okay.” Moonbyul pouted. “Since you hurt me, can I open your present?”

 

Yongsun blushed. “What?!? I-I mean I-If you w-want I guess, just d-don’t lie to me how you f-feel about it.”

 

“Okay. I’ll be one-hundred percent honest about how I feel.”

 

“Good.”

 

Moonbyul reached into her jacket pocket and grabbed out the small box. She opened it carefully like she was afraid that something would pop out. When she opened it hanged open in surprise.  Inside the box was a necklace made of silver with a little moon hanging from it. Moonbyul smiled.

 

“I was gonna mess with you and say that it was ugly, but it’s too beautiful to say something so mean.”

 

“Oh my god, you jerk.” Yongsun punched Moonbyul lightly.

 

“Guess I deserved it.” Moonbyul chuckled as she rubbed her arm for the umpteenth time. “Thank you so much, I love it.”

 

Yongsun looked away blushing. “Y-you’re welcome.”

 

Moonbyul pulled Yongsun into a hug. Yongsun was surprised but returned the gesture quickly. The hug felt like it lasted for an hour before the two let go.

 

Moonbyul smiled at Yongsun. “Text me when you get home okay?”

 

“Not unless you do the same and tell me how dinner with your family was.”

 

“Sure thing.”

 

The two stared into each other’s eyes filled with love and didn’t want to leave feeling that they could lose something if they did. The two felt as if they should confess their feelings for one another or at least say something. Yongsun was about to, but Moonbyul cut her off and broke their intimate moment.

 

“I’ll, uh, see you later then.”

 

Yongsun was disappointed. “Oh, yeah, for sure. Umm, have fun I guess.”

 

“Yeah, same to you, good night.”

 

“Good night.”

 

The two waved awkwardly as they walked away from each other and as they both reached their vehicles, they both sighed and slammed their heads onto the wheel, with Yongsun accidentally honking the horn and startling herself and slamming her hands onto her face.

 

These feelings for Moonbyul/Yongsun . The two thought.

 


 

Moonbyul went back home to have dinner. It wasn’t eventful as it was just her two younger sisters, her mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, and one of her sister’s boyfriend. The family ate quietly with a few small talks to catch up on each other’s lives. Yesol saw something around Moonbyul’s neck and pointed it out.

 

“What’s that around your neck? I never saw this one before. Is it new?”

 

Moonbyul looked down and smiled. “yeah it’s new. It was a gift from someone.”

 

“Is it from that Yongsun girl? She makes you smile a lot more. I do hope we get to see her someday.” Moonbyul’s mother spoke.

 

“Mom!” Moonbyul whined as she blushed, and everyone laughed.

 

“I mean it. Even if you two never date, I want to at least see the girl once.”

 

Moonbyul groaned and placed her hands to her face. Why can’t she have a normal chat in peace without it going back to Yongsun? She wasn’t really complaining though. She may show that she hated it on the outside, but secretly underneath she loved it. It gave her more confirmation over her feelings with the senior and how she might like her back, but it scared her knowing that maybe she was getting mixed signals and Yongsun only saw her as a friend.

 

Man, being in love .