Chapter 14: Blocked

Being In Love

"I can't believe you had a birthday dinner party and didn't invite us." Bomi said annoyed.

"I agree. Were we not important enough?" SinB added.

"Guys you know I would have invited you guys, but you and Yongsun don't know each that much."

"Maybe if you invited us, we would have."

"And why not invite Chorong or Wendy?" Bomi said annoyed.

"Wendy said she was busy and Chorong said she was too shy. Now can we go back to where I should take Yongsun to our next date?"

Moonbyul was nervous as it was her turn to plan their next date and it was difficult when you had to top an amusement park date. She was in a class with Bomi and SinB and asked them. They weren't the first people she asked, but she wanted opinions and maybe they might give her an idea.

"As I said before, take her out to dinner. What's so wrong with that?" Bomi scoffed.

"What's wrong with the idea is that it's boring compared to an amusement park."

"Wait, Yongsun took you to an amusement park for the first date?!?! Dang you lucky bastard, if you're not gonna ask her out, maybe I will." Bomi said with a smirk.

"Well, why not woo her with something cute and romantic instead like a picnic or go to the park," SinB suggested.

"I don't know...." Moonbyul said out loud as she thought about the idea. As soon as the bell went off, so did a lightbulb in Moonbyul's head. "Actually I think you got something SinB."

Moonbyul quickly grabbed her materials and said her goodbyes before she left for lunch.

"That was practically my idea, but outside!" Bomi complained.

SinB laughed. "You should have made it more romantic."

"I swear if I see that girl on her date, I'm gonna ruin it."

"No, don't do that."

Bomi just laughed, "We'll see."

SinB couldn't help but feel sorry for Moonbyul and Yongsun.
 



Moonbyul was at the front door of Yongsun's house, mentally trying to give herself confidence to knock. The junior was wearing black jeans, a plain black shirt, an ed white dress shirt, with a leather jacket. She didn't know why she was nervous as she knocked on the door this very door multiple times before. She sighed heavily and knocked. It surprised her when the door flung open revealing Yongsun in skinny blue jeans, a short-sleeved shirt tucked in the front, and a small brown leather pouch hung on her side by the long strap on her left shoulder. Moonbyul was in awe by the beauty in front of her and it seemed like dropped for a while as a laugh came out of the senior.

"You should close your mouth unless you want to eat some bugs for an appetizer."

Moonbyul quickly shut . "Maybe I enjoy eating bugs for an appetizer."

"Please, you're just like me and scream when you see a bug come towards you."

"I don't scream as often compared to you."

"Let's just go to our date before I regret it and go sleep in my bed instead."

"Okay, okay. Let's go."

The two walked to Moonbyul's vehicle and drove to their little date. Moonbyul knew she could never beat Yongsun in the fun aspect of their date, but she could beat Yongsun in the romantic aspect of it, so with the help of SinB's idea and Jin's picnic basket, she would woo Yongsun and get the girl fall for her. Moonbyul parked at the park's parking lot and was surprised by area to eat as she knew they would go out to eat, but not at a park. They didn't leave the vehicle, and she already was wooed.

"Aww this is gonna be cute."

Moonbyul got out of the car. "I was thinking romantic, but okay."

Yongsun chuckled. "it can be both."

As Yongsun got out of the vehicle, Moonbyul walked to the trunk of her car and got out a blanket and the picnic basket she borrowed from Jin. She didn't know why Jin had a picnic basket as the guy is literally dating himself, but like she promised, she won't question it. She closed the trunk and walked with Yongsun to a spot under a tree.

As they found the perfect spot, Moonbyul placed the blanket and then the picnic basket down. The two then sat down and started pulling out the food items; two sandwiches cut in half, some fruits, and tteokbokki.

"Sorry for the small amount of food. I don't really know what to bring to a picnic."

"Don't worry about it."

As the two ate, they chatted about the upcoming prom in two weeks. The two haven't bought their attire for prom yet, but plan on doing so when they have the chance with Wheein and Hyejin too. Although underclassmen couldn't attend prom on their own, Moonbyul found a loophole and added the sophomores as Yongsun and her's plus one.

"Don't you feel bad about the seniors who won't be able to go now because two sophomores took their spot," Yongsun asked.

Moonbyul pretended to think about it before she answered, "I would, but I heard many seniors say that they wouldn't be able to go or they didn't want to, so I don't feel as bad."

Yongsun called Moonbyul's bs. "Don't lie. You would've still done it if every senior was going and not feel bad."

"You're right. I wouldn't, but that's because they would take the juniors' spots then."

Yongsun shook her head. Moonbyul thinks so differently that makes the junior find loopholes and just about anything. It was fine until she found loopholes in teachers' rule assignments that got her easy grades, so each teacher had to be very thorough in every rule they made in order to not have the junior take an easy A plus.

As the two chatted some more, Yongsun got cold and Moonbyul wrapped her jacket on the senior. Yongsun blushed at the gesture, but thanked her for her kindness. After fifteen minutes, the two started cleaning up.

"So, how was the tteokbokki?"

"It was soooo good, probably the best I've had."

Moonbyul smiled. "I'll tell my mom that you love it."

"Oh my god, please do."

Moonbyul chuckled softly, but soon the smile faded and she looked at Yongsun.

"Hey Yong, can I ask you something?"

The senior was surprised by the change of the light atmosphere. "Sure."

"I know this might sound a little rushed after knowing we haven't spent even a year together," Yongsun felt like she knew where this conversation was going. She was surprised, but allowed Moonbyul to speak as she had her answer already. "but you've made me feel so much more special than anyone has done for me and I wondering if you-"

"IS THAT MOONBYUL AND YONGSUN!?!?" A voice called out in the distance, interrupting Moonbyul and ruining the moment.

The two looked at the direction the voice was coming from and saw a group of girls they knew.

"SEULGI, WHAT THE HECK!!!" Moonbyul yelled back, anger clearly could be heard in her voice.

The group of girls walked towards the two and Moonbyul could see that the group consisted of, Seulgi, Wendy, Irene, Joy, and Yeri.

"I am so sorry guys, I tried to stop her, but as you can see it didn't work out," Irene said apologetically.

"It's alright, Seulgi is obsessed with me, so you couldn't stop her if you wanted no matter what."

"Hey, if I knew I was interrupting something, I would have not butted in." Seulgi whined, which got everyone to laugh.

"I just wanna apologize again for Seulgi's rudeness, so we'll just leave you guys alone now. See ya." Irene said as she pulled Seulgi away from the two and everyone waved goodbye to each other.

After the group was gone, Yongsun tried to make Moonbyul finish off what she was trying to say until they were interrupted.

"So do you want to finish what you were talking about?"

"No, it's fine. It's getting cold, so we should go home instead." Moonbyul stood up.

"Are you sure?"

Moonbyul contemplated it and although she wanted to finish what she started, she lost the courage and felt shy and embarrassed on what she was about to do. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Yongsun was bummed by Moonbyul's answer, but she couldn't force the junior and gave in. The two picked up the basket and blanket and walked to the vehicle.
The walk and drive to the car was awkward and Yongsun wondered what would have happened if Moonbyul finished what she was saying. The senior sighed as she knew what Moonbyul was gonna ask and was frustrated by the way Seulgi unintentionally blocked the two. She just gave an internal confirmation to the unfinished question and wondered what would have happened if it was fully asked.
 



"So, how do I look?" Wheein exclaimed as she spun around in her suit.

"You know at first I was surprised you were gonna wear a suit, but I understand why now since you really look good in it," Moonbyul exclaimed.

"I wasn't planning on it, but Hyejin said I would look nice in a suit, so I decided to wear it instead."

Moonbyul perked up at Wheein's sentence and smirked a little. "So you wore a suit cause Hyejin said so?"

Wheein blushed from the realization of what she said. "I mean she knows fashion, so she must know what would look good in me."

"Ah ha." Moonbyul couldn't help but laugh.

"Shut up and buy your dumb pink suit already. I mean, who buys a pink suit."

"Okay, I'll buy my suit and come back. Also me and Yongsun were going for a theme and did pink."

"Of course it had to do something with Yongsun."

Moonbyul gave Wheein two finger guns and tried to wink, but failed. "Yep."

"You're making me cringe."

Moonbyul laughed once more and walked to the register to purchase her suit. It was the weekend and Moonbyul, Yongsun, Wheein, and Hyejin finally went shopping for their prom attire. Hyejin and Yongsun went to look for dresses, and Moonbyul and Wheein looked for their suits.

Wheebyul found the suits they were looking for and went to look for their friends who were trying on dresses. It took them a while, but they found them purchasing their dresses.

"Aww, I guess we were too late to see your dresses," Wheein whined.

"You can see it when we go to prom," Yongsun said nonchalantly.

"But that's in two weeks."

"Then you'll just have to wait," Hyejin answered.

Wheein complained a few more times but was able to be shut up once Hyejin gave her food. The group decided it was time to go home as everyone except Moonbyul got tired. Although Yongsun drove the group to the store, Moonbyul thought it was best for her to drive back and while she did, everyone slept. She smiled when she saw Wheein using Hyejin's shoulder as a pillow and Yongsun using her seatbelt as a headrest. Her cheeks squished up and Moonbyul tried so hard not to poke the cheek, but she's just a simple human and couldn't resist. She even took a picture, cause Yongsun was adorable no matter how much the senior denied it. She wondered how someone as cute as her can be the oldest one in the car and wondered how no one else could fall for her like she could, but she was also glad no one could fall for the senior as she could.