Chapter 5: Finals

Being In Love

“Ah, this is so boring; I don’t want to study anymore. Let’s play video games now.” Wheein whined as she slammed her final study guide onto the floor.

 

Moonbyul sighed and paused the game on her phone to talk to a very needy dog-like friend. “Wheein you just started ‘studying’ 5 minutes ago,”

 

“Shut it. You never study.”

 

“That’s because I don’t doodle in class, so I can learn the material taught to me.”

 

Wheein crossed her arms, frustrated that Byul was right. “Maybe if the teachers didn’t sound so boring, I would pay attention.”

 

Moonbyul laughed at that. Wheein wouldn’t even pay attention if the teacher taught the subject in a cool way. Wheein liked to play like the literal puppy she is.

 

“Fine. We can go play video games, but only for an hour. I don’t want Yongsun yelling at me for making you play games instead of studying.” Moonbyul said as she walked over to Wheein’s tv, grabbing two controllers, and threw one at Wheein.

 

Wheein caught it and instantly sat on her bed as she stared at the tv and console turning on. "Okay, Mom. I won’t tell the other mom." It was only meant as a joke, but the look in Moonbyul's face made her feel a little unsafe in the room. "Want to play Minecraft?" Wheein said, hoping the suggestion would help advert Moonbyul’s attention to something else other than killing her. Thankfully it did as the older girl agreed to Wheein's choice as she rolled her eyes.

 

“Fine. Move over.” Moonbyul said as she made her way to Wheein's bed. 

 


 

“And that’s how you get the answer to your question,” Yongsun said.

 

Hyejin still looked puzzled. “But how did you get that answer? I still have a different one.”

 

“Really? Let me see.” Yongsun took Hyejin’s paper and frowned after finding the culprit of her mistake. Hyejin really needs to use a calculator. “Hyejin 7x4 equals 28, not 31,” Yongsun said as she handed Hyejin her packet back.

 

“Ooohhh.” Hyejin felt laughed, feeling embarrassed for her one small mistake. She changed the 31 to 28 and redid the equation again until she was finally led to the answer she needed. “Thanks again, Yong.” Hyejin smiled sheepishly.

 

“No need to thank me, just remember to use a calculator when you can and not your brain as it seems like you don’t know your multiplication.”

 

“I know, but at least I'm trying my best here.”

 

“And I’m proud that you are.” Yongsun smiled as she patted Hyejin’s head. “I wish Wheein learned from you.”

 

Hyejin shrugged. “Wheein and school just don’t mix unless it involves drawing.”

 

Yongsun nodded in understanding. “Speaking of Wheein. I wonder how’s she doing.” Yongsun got up from the floor. “Wanna come?”

 

“Yes, I do.” Hyejin got up quickly. She had a feeling that Wheein wasn’t doing her work and wanted to see the drama between her two elder classmates.

 

Yongsun and Hyejin walked up the stairs and were walking towards Wheein’s room. Before they could even enter the room, the sounds of peaceful Minecraft music could be heard. Hyejin’s hunch was right, and she regrets not bringing some popcorn to watch the event that was gonna happen next. She looked at Yongsun, who seemed to be fuming as she grabbed the handle and forcefully pushed the door open to see Moonbyul and Wheein playing Minecraft instead of studying. Wheein was in the middle of killing a sheep for wool and Moonbyul was building her house made of dirt when the door to Wheein’s room flew open. The two froze immediately. Moonbyul paused the game and they both slowly turned their heads to see a fuming Yongsun and a laughing Hyejin. They were in for it now.

 

“I TOLD YOU TO MAKE SURE WHEEIN WAS DOING HER FINALS PACKET!!!” Yongsun screamed as she stomped towards the two.

 

“I-I was, I-I s-s-swear.” Moonbyul stuttered as she stood up.

 

“BULL!” Yongsun started to hit Moonbyul’s arm.

 

“I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU TO MAKE THIS PUP STAY ON TRACK, BUT I COME HERE TO SEE YOU PLAYING GAMES WITH HER!” Moonbyul’s arm was going numb. “NOT EVEN A SINGLE WORD WAS WRITTEN IN THE FRONT!”

 

“Ow. I know. Ow. And I’m. Ow. Sorry. Ow. Please. Ow. Forgive me. Ow. Stop. Ow. I can’t feel my arm. Ow.” Moonbyul pleaded.

 

Yongsun hit her a few more times before slowing down to a complete stop. She then inhaled and exhaled deeply to let go of some frustration and stared at Moonbyul.

 

“I forgive you. And I’m sorry for hurting you.” Yongsun apologized as she held onto Moonbyul’s forearm. “But that doesn’t excuse you for letting Wheein go play games instead of studying. She really needs it.”

 

Moonbyul internally screamed from the touch and smiled softly. “I know and I’m sorry.”

 

Yongsun closed her eyes and nodded slowly, accepting the apology. She then looked at Wheein with a deadly glare and Wheein froze in place.

 

Yongsun squinted her eyes. “I told you to study.”

 

“Ugh I tried Yongsun, but I can’t focus on it,” Wheein whined. “If you wanted me to study, you should have been helping yourself and not let Moonbyul do it. You know she’s a er for my cuteness.”

 

“That is true.” Moonbyul agreed.

 

Yongsun glared at Moonbyul, and the taller girl looked away. Yongsun quickly glared back at Wheein.

 

“I had to help Hyejin with her algebra final part. You know Moonbyul is terrible with math.”

 

“That is also true.” Moonbyul agreed again.

 

Yongsun glared at Moonbyul again. Moonbyul raised her hands in surrender. Yongsun sighed and let go of Moonbyul’s forearm.

 

“Just get back to studying, please.” Yongsun turned around and started walking out the door. Before she left, she said one more thing.

 

“Moonbyul, if Wheein finishes her final packet, I’ll give you your present on your birthday instead of Christmas.”

 

And with that, Yongsun left with Hyejin. Closing the door along the way. Moonbyul and Wheein stared at the door.

 

“Wait, you were only planning to give me a gift on Christmas instead of my birthday?”

 


 

It was the last day of finals before winter break began. Moonbyul was taking her last final and was able to finish before the bell rang. She quickly ran to one of the classrooms and waited for someone to exit. Wendy exited with Seulgi, who waved at Moonbyul. The older of the three waved back at the two.

 

"Hey, Moonbyul, who are you waiting for?” Seulgi said with a smirk.

 

“Seulgi, you know she’s waiting for her new best friend.” Wendy joked.

 

“Hey, I didn’t forget about you guys.”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at the blatant lie as they haven’t talked for a couple of months since Moonbyul met Yongsun. “If you didn’t forget about us, then how about you come to the Christmas party tomorrow at Yeri’s house at 6 pm?”

 

“I can’t. I promised Yongsun that we would hang out.”

 

“Then how about you both go. It’s not like we’re saying to ditch your friend.” Seulgi stated.

 

“I’ll… see. I’ll text you if we’re going if Yongsun agreed to it, okay?” Moonbyul felt hands wrap around her left arm.

 

“I agree with what?” Yongsun questioned.

 

“Agreeing to come to the Christmas party tomorrow at 6 pm?” Wendy asked.

 

“Oh, yeah, sure we can go. Can Hyejin and Wheein come too?”

 

Wendy perked up. “Yeah, they can come. I’ll text more Moonbyul the details so she can tell you. Okay bye, guys.” Wendy smirked at Moonbyul and walked away with Seulgi following before she waved goodbye.

 

“Okay, thanks. Bye.” Yongsun yelled, hoping they heard her.

 

The two started walking to Yongsun’s car.

 

“Are you sure you want to go? It’s okay if you don’t want to.” Moonbyul asked. She hoped Yongsun didn’t agree because she felt like she had to.

 

“Yeah, I want to go,” Yongsun stated. “I want to meet your friends other than Minhyuk, Seulgi, Irene, and Wendy.”

 

“What about Hyejin and Wheein?”

 

“They’re my friends now. Not just yours.” Yongsun retorted.

 

“Ah right. My bad.” Moonbyul chuckled.

 

“Hey, slowpokes hurry up, my is freezing over here!” Hyejin yelled, catching the two’s attention.

 

“Coming!” The two screamed at the same time and rushed as fast as they could without slipping on ice.

 

Moonbyul was nervous about Yongsun meeting her other friends. It’s not like she doesn’t like them or that they were a bad influence, it’s just that they were her party friends and are very outgoing. She knows Yongsun is shy, and she’s afraid her friends would overwhelm her. Please make Yongsun enjoy this party tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 


 

I know I’ve been uploading stories fast, but after 5 chapters I’m realizing that the story might not seem as good as I’ve been rushing past them in order to write the other one for the next day. I’m not saying your taste in fanfics is bad it’s just I want to be able to enjoy the story I wrote, so I’ll be posting stories on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays from now on. Hopefully, with this much of a break, I can make it better, so we can both enjoy it. I hope you guys can understand and thank you so much for loving the story as it is. Have a good day and I’ll see you Monday with Chapter 6 :)