Chapter 2: Mystery Girl

Being In Love

The bell rang, and Moonbyul walked with Hyejin and Wheein to their classes before entering her own. She entered the fieldhouse for her gym class and took a seat at the bleachers. A few people waved to her and went to complain about having a gym class 1st hour. To be honest, Moonbyul didn’t really mind having gym 1st hour, she kind of liked it as she could be awake for her other classes later.

 

“Moonbyul! What’s up?” A voice called out, which startled her a little. She looked up to see Seulgi walking up to her along with Irene and Wendy.

 

Moonbyul smiled. “Sup, Seulgi, Irene, and Wendy.”

 

The three girls sat next to Moonbyul on her right with Seulgi closest to her.

 

“Now we know we’re at least going to win for sure if we play against the others,” Wendy said as she pumped her fist in the air, causing the remaining three to chuckle.

 

It’s no secret that Moonbyul is good in most sports. Basketball being her go-to sport as she is, she loved the sport. The four girls talked until the bell rang and the teacher came in.  Everyone stopped talking and paid attention to what the teacher was saying.

 

Mostly everyone, as Moonbyul, was scanning her class to see who she would play against and with. Most of the students she recognized, except for one student. She had blonde hair that reached her shoulders, which seemed to brown eyes from afar and could see a mole on her lower right eyebrow.

 

She took Moonbyul’s breath away instantly, and she blushed a little as she stared at her. Maybe she was staring for too long cause the girl caught her staring and Moonbyul quickly looked somewhere else cursing herself mentally and blushed a little more. Seulgi must have noticed cause she felt an elbow poking on her side and when she looked up, she saw Seulgi smirking as she wiggled her eyebrows repeatedly. Moonbyul got annoyed and lightly slapped Seulgi’s shoulder.

 

That caught Irene and Wendy’s attention, and they looked at the two confused. At that time the teacher stopped speaking and let the class do whatever as long as they didn’t leave the gym.

 

“Guys Moonbyul likes someone.” Seulgi immediately said, causing her to get another slap to the shoulder by silver hair girl.

 

“What?” Irene asked, confused.

 

"I just saw MoonByu-" Seulgi was about to continue, but Moonbyul covered with her hands.

 

“Shut up. I was just confused.” Moonbyul stated harshly. “I never saw her before okay.” She then let released Seulgi’s mouth, hoping the girl wouldn't say anything to get her another slap on the shoulder. She was proven wrong.

 

“That doesn’t mean you can just look at her with literal hearts in your eyes.” Seulgi noticed Moonbyul was about to slap her poor sore shoulder and was luckily able to dodge the attack. The bell rang, and so Seulgi ran out the door with Moonbyul following suit. Seulgi wasn't as fast compared to her athletic friend, but using as the students to cut off Moonbyul was able to escape and see another day.

 

Moonbyul quietly cursed and looked to her side to see the blonde girl she was staring at and quickly looked away, blushing. The two walked side by side and Byul felt like a creep walking beside her, so she walked a bit slower, then realized that the girl might think she's trying to check her out from behind and felt more of a creep. She felt dirty and wanted to immediately jump off a cliff, but luckily that feeling went away when the girl turned a corner. She sighed in relief and walked into her next class. She found an empty seat in the back and claimed that spot as her own as she sat down, covering her face with her hands to hide the embarrassment she felt. She didn’t notice someone walk to her and jumped when someone tapped her shoulder.

 

“Oh , sorry Moonbyul. I didn’t mean to scare you there.” A voice called out.

 

Moonbyul knew the voice and looked up to see her supposed ‘twin,’ Minhyuk. They weren’t actually twins, but people always said they looked like it, so it kind of stuck with them wherever they went.

 

“It’s all right, Minhyuk.” Moonbyul said as she set her hands onto her desk, “I was just… thinking.”

 

Minhyuk raised his eyebrow, confused as he took a seat next to his friend. “Thinking? About what?”

 

Moonbyul wanted to lie and say it was nothing, but the two never really lied to each other. “It’s this girl.”

 

“Oh?” Minhyuk was surprised. “The heartbreaker Moonbyul likes someone?” he smirked.

 

Moonbyul hid behind her hands, embarrassed. “Shut up.”

 

Minhyuk chuckled. He met Moonbyul during eighth grade and the two would always come to each other when something was wrong. Every time Moonbyul broke someone’s heart she would always tell him and he would laugh as some assumed that Moonbyul denied them because she was dating him or Sandeul. Moonbyul would never be seen dating a guy, especially her supposed twin as they saw each other as siblings more than anything else and Sandeul was... Sandeul.

 

Seeing Moonbyul flustered by someone made him smile as he remembered the last time Moonbyul was in a relationship and that was just terrible. When it ended, she was a mess as it destroyed her and it took her a year until she got back on her feet. Because of it, she decided that she would never fall for someone again. However, it seems like she failed that, as she became flustered when Minhyuk made fun of her over this little crush.

 

“I’m sorry.” He sits next to her as the bell rings. “I’m just surprised. I remember you saying that you would never fall for someone again.” Minhyuk smiles at Moonbyul. She smiled sadly back at him. “How about you describe this girl to me, huh?”

 

Moonbyul’s eyes lit up and Minhyuk had to stop himself from giggling as the teacher was talking about the syllabus everyone knows. Moonbyul seemed to really like this total stranger, and he was happy for her. He just hopes this girl doesn't break her heart like the last one and make her feel the love his friend deserves.

 

“Well, she has blonde hair that reaches to her shoulders, beautiful almond brown eyes, a mole on the right side of her face under her eyebrow,” Moonbyul said, all while smiling, causing Minhyuk to chuckle. Moonbyul was confused by his action. “What?”

 

“It’s just you were smiling as you said all those things.”

 

Moonbyul was shocked at what she heard. She didn’t even notice and when she touched her cheeks; she felt her lips curled upwards. Minhyuk chuckled even more.

 

“What’s so funny Mr. Lee?” The teacher said with annoyance.

 

Everyone else in the room looked back at the two and Minhyuk rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “N-Nothing Mrs. Brown.” Minhyuk stuttered.

 

Mrs. Brown raised her eyebrow suspiciously but went back to reading the syllabus. Minhyuk sighed in relief. It’s the first day, and it seems like Mrs. Brown will not like him. He also noticed someone as he was looking up and lightly tapped Moonbyul’s arm. She looked up at him and all Minhyuk did was point his finger in a direction. Moonbyul followed where his fingers were pointing at and she blushed at who she was now looking at. At the very front row closest to the door was the girl. She quickly buried her face into her hands and mentally cursed to herself. She thought she lost the girl when she turned a corner but remembered there was a bathroom in that direction, so she assumed the blonde went to use it or hide from her creepy . Either way, this girl would someday be the end of her.