Chapter 3: Yongsun

Being In Love

As soon as the second hour ended, Moonbyul quickly left the class, leaving a laughing Minhyuk behind. She entered her third-hour class when the bell rang and looked around the room for any sign of the mysteriously beautiful girl. She didn't, and she didn't know if she should feel relieved or disappointed that the mystery girl was nowhere to be seen, but didn't let that get her down. She heard someone call for her and looked around the class again to find SinB waving at her, so she waved back and went to sit next to her. The only people she was close to in this class were Eunbi, also known as SinB, Bomi, and Yuju and though they don't talk to each other as much as she would like, they got along well enough like they had been talking to each for years instead of just two.

 

The bell marking the end of the third hour was sounded. Moonbyul said her goodbyes to the three girls and left for her favorite class, lunch. Usually, Moonbyul would sit with Minhyuk during this hour, but now that she had the same lunch period as Hyejin and Wheein, her two favorite sophomores, she decided that she should sit with the two as this was their only class together this semester.

 

The three sat at a table and chatted about their classes and so far Hyejin got in trouble for sleeping in class, Wheein doodled not paying attention to her teachers, and the two were both told by a teacher multiple times to quiet down. Moonbyul laughed as she shook her head from side to side. She felt sorry for the teachers as they had to put up with these two troublemakers. One of them is already a hassle but put them together and you’ll have gray hair by the end of the semester.

 

“So Byul, how were your classes?” Hyejin said as she took a chicken nugget from Moonbyul’s tray. Moonbyul rolled her eyes and gave the nuggets to Hyejin, which caused the girl to smile and Wheein rolling her eyes.

 

“My classes were good. But there’s this girl- “


“GIRL!?!?” Wheein shouted, slamming her hands on the table.

 

“Don’t think too much about it.” Moonbyul held her hand up in a stop gesture. “She seems to be new as I haven’t seen her before,” Moonbyul stated, but Wheein wasn’t buying it.

 

Only a few people know that she’s into females, Minhyuk, Wheein, Hyejin, and a few others of her friends. She would tell more people, but she hasn’t found the right moment to, and she just doesn’t see the point on why she should come out to some people she probably wouldn't meet ever again after she graduated.

 

“I cannot stop thinking about it, Moon Byulyi,” Wheein said. “This is like the first time I heard you say a girl.”

 

Moonbyul was confused. “So what? What about the times I said I met, SinB, Bomi, and the many other girls?”

 

“Well, that because you always said their names first. Never have you said just A GIRL!”

 

“… Oh.” That’s the only thing Moonbyul could say, cause Wheein was right. She always could say people’s names because she introduced herself to the people she hasn’t met and yet she had missed the two opportunities to introduce herself to this new girl and get her name.

 

"You’re ri- " Moonbyul was about to admit until she met the girl again just standing out of the lunch line. "WAIT! She’s right there! Hold on a second." Moonbyul quickly got up and walked towards the girl.

 

“HEY! You were about to say I was right!” Wheein said very upset that she was robbed of the chance of the always right Moonbyul saying she was right for once.

 


 

Yongsun stood against the wall as she didn’t know where to sit. She didn’t really make a friend as she was too scared to talk to any of them and there was this girl who was staring at her. She frowned. "It's only the first day of school and you already made someone hate you." Yongsun sighed. Guess she was gonna have to eat her lunch on the floor. She was about to lean down against the wall until she saw someone walk towards her in the corner of her eyes. She looked up and was filled with fear when she saw it was the girl who kept staring. She quickly looked away and wanted to run. Yongsun didn't know what the girl wanted from her and she felt too shy, so she turned around to leave.

 

“Hey! Wait!” the staring girl yelled towards her.

 

Yongsun felt hands on her arms and she froze. What did this girl want from her, really? She slowly turned around to stare into beautiful brown eyes. She blushed lightly.

 

"Ah sorry." Moonbyul quickly let go of her grip on Yongsun and smiled. “Hi, I’m Moonbyul.”

 

"Ah, so her stalker's name is Moonbyul."

 

“I saw you just standing here, so I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me and my friends.” Moonbyul rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly and quickly looked down. "I- I mean you don't have to if you want. I'll understand if you don't want to. I- "

 

"This girl talks too much." Yongsun thought to herself. "Sure." Yongsun quickly replied, hoping that it would shut the girl from talking her ear off any further.

 

“G-Great. Just follow me.” Moonbyul started walking and Yongsun hesitated for a moment, then she followed the girl to her table, which seated two other people.

 

“So, what’s your name?” Moonbyul asked.

 

“Yongsun.”

 

Moonbyul smiled. “That’s a pretty name.”

 

Yongsun blushed. Did this girl just compliment her?

 

As they reached the table, Moonbyul sat down on what seemed to be her spot on the table. “You can sit anywhere. It’s just the three of us.”

 

“Four people now.” Hyejin quickly said as she finished the rest of Moonbyul’s lunch.

 

“Yeah… Wait. Did you just eat my lunch?”

 

Hyejin stared at her and innocently said, “… No?”

 

“AHN HYEJIN!!!” Moonbyul tried to grab Hyejin, but Hyejin was too far and she face-planted onto the table.

 

Solar chuckled at Moonbyul as she sat down next to her and started eating her now cold lunch. Her new friends seem to be... interesting, but she didn't mind. It was better to have weird friends than no friends.