Chapter 4: Whipped For Sure

Being In Love

The rest of the classes seemed to fly by fast for Moonbyul. Turns out that out of the remaining five classes, Yongsun was in three of them. The two sat next to each other since Moonbyul insisted that they do. However, they weren't really able to talk to each other as Yongsun would tell her to be quiet in order to listen to the teacher. Moonbyul sighed and laid down on her bed. She kept wondering why this Yongsun girl felt so different from the other girls she met. Moonbyul tried to think of the many possible reasons other than the most obvious. It can't possibly be that reason, right? After ten minutes, Moonbyul decided not to dwell on it anymore and pulled out her phone to play video games until she fell asleep.

 

Yongsun was pacing back and forth in her room. She was thinking about Moonbyul. The girl seemed nice as she insisted that Yongsun sit next to her in class, so she wasn’t alone. She even respected her wishes when she wanted her to be quiet. The only thing that irks her about the girl is the staring. Every time in class, she felt someone staring at her and would always look to her side to see that someone was Moonbyul, but the girl would quickly look somewhere else, pretending she didn't stare at Yongsun the entire time. Yongsun sighed and laid on her bed. Hopefully, this girl isn't bad news.

 


 

It was the next day and Yongsun decided that maybe she could find and sit next to Moonbyul and her friends. Yongsun only knew the three and didn't want to sit next to her classroom until the bell rang again. Yongsun spotted the three at the same lunch table from yesterday and walked towards them.

 

“Byul, the Yongsun girl is coming over here,” Wheein whispered.

 

“I can see that. Thanks for stating the obvious.” Moonbyul retorted. “Hi, Yongsun.”

 

“Hi-AHHH!” Yongsun yelled as she slipped and fell face-first onto the floor.

 

“Yeesh,” Hyejin said, and Wheein winced.

 

Moonbyul quickly went to Yongsun’s side and helped her up. “Are you okay?” She asked, a little worried that Yongsun might have gotten a concussion from the fall.

 

“I’m fine. Thank you for your help.” She patted herself down to straighten any wrinkles.

 

“Yeah, no problem, just be a little more careful next time.” Moonbyul sat Yongsun next to her chair. As she went to sit in her seat, she made sure to scold the floor. Like the floor will learn their lesson and no longer make any other students trip on it like the bully it is.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? If you’re not, we can go to the nurse's office. Maybe they have a band-aid? Or- “

 

"Moonbyul-" Yongsun cut her off. "I’m fine. You don’t have to worry too much." Yongsun smiled softly, hoping that that was enough to convince Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul was skeptical but later sighed in defeat. “Okay. If you say so, but if you feel any pain, please go to the nurse.”

 

“I will.”

 

Wheein and Hyejin just witnessed this very intimate moment between the two and Wheein quietly whispered into Hyejin’s ear, hoping that the two wouldn’t overhear. “Moonbyul looked so whipped.”

 

Hyejin nodded and whispered back in Wheein’s ear. “Yeah, but they just met so she would be nice and it's also in her nature, but if it was you who fell, I would laugh my off.”

 

“Me too.” The two sophomores burst out laughing, startling the other two on the table and possibly anyone else who sat near them.

 

“What are you two laughing at?” Moonbyul said annoyed. Yongsun just stared at them, confused.

 

“Nothing, it’s just what we would do if we saw each other fall.”

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes. “You guys would so laugh at the fallen person then go and help them up.”

 

Wheein faked a gasp. “Oh my god Hyejin, Moonbyul knows us so well.”

 

“Well, of course, she would, we did exactly that when she fell.”

 

“That’s it!” Moonbyul got up.

 

The sophomores quickly grabbed their stuff and were backing up slowly. “Oh, look at the time right. 1st hour is about to start.” Wheein said, sweating. “Me and Hyejin should leave if we don’t want to be late. It’s like our favorite class.”

 

“No, it isn’t.” Hyejin quickly got jabbed in her side. “I-I mean yeah, yeah love English so much.” Hyejin faked a smile. “Okay see you later Byul and Yong.” Hyejin and Wheein quickly ran off to their ‘favorite’ class.

 

Byul stared at the two blatantly lie in order to not face her wrath and couldn't help but laugh as she sat back down.

 

"That was weird," Yongsun said, confused about the whole situation she just witnessed.

 

"Don't worry, they're always weird. You'll get used to it." Moonbyul reassured.

 

The bell rang and Moonbyul got up and held a handout for Yongsun to take, to which she did and stood up as well. Moonbyul quickly took Yongsun’s backpack before she could take it. Yongsun looked at Moonbyul, a little shocked.

 

“Look I know you said you were fine, but I’m gonna just hold your stuff just in case. Don’t worry, I’ll give it back to you when I don’t have classes with you.” Moonbyul winked and walked off, Yongsun rolled her eyes and soon followed.

 

The two walked into the fieldhouse and sat on the front row bleachers next to each other.

 

“Hey, Moonbyul!” Seulgi yelled and walked up to the two with Irene and Wendy following suit waving at them. “Oh, hi person I have never seen,” Seulgi said as she stared at Yongsun. She whispered to Moonbyul, “Who is she?”

 

Moonbyul chuckled. “Seulgi, Irene, and Wendy meet Yongsun, Yongsun meet Wendy, Irene, and the unfunniest person you’ll meet in your life.”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi put a hand to her heart to look hurt.

 

“She is a little right Seulgi. You are the least funniest person in our friend group.” Wendy exclaimed.

 

“Wow, the betrayal. You better watch your back from now on, Wendy.” The group laughed at that. “See I can be funny.”

 

“Sure.” Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

 

The bell rang, and the teacher made the students grab their own gym lockers and allowed them to play any sports they had out in the gym during the remaining class period. Moonbyul finished first and quickly went to the basketball court to pick up a basketball and started making baskets.

 

“Who you trying to impress with your skills? Yongsun?” Seulgi said, smirking.

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Shut up and 1 v 1 me.“

 

Seulgi walked over with that grin still plastered on, and if they weren’t on school grounds, Moonbyul would so smack that grin off. They rock paper scissors to see who has the ball first. Seulgi won.

 

They then checked each other and started playing. Seulgi was dribbling to the basket and trying her best to avoid Moonbyul from stealing her ball but failed as Moonbyul easily took the ball from her. Moonbyul then ran back to the half-court mark to claim that it's now on her court and ran back to the basket and scored with a layup.

 

Seulgi was panting as she miserably failed to catch up to Moonbyul. "I think I’m remembering seeing this Yongsun girl somewhere." Seulgi weakly laughed. "Maybe from afar-oof."

 

Moonbyul threw the ball at Seulgi. “Your turn.”

 

“Can I at least get some help? 1 v 1ing someone from the actual basketball team is like a toddler trying to fight a professional boxer.”

 

“Fine.” Moonbyul smiled cockily. Even if Seulgi had help, Moonbyul knew she would win.

 

“Hey Yongsun, want to play with me?” Seulgi yelled, getting Yongsun’s attention.

 

“Sure.” walked up. Yongsun was just watching the two and was impressed with Moonbyul's skill. She played like a pro.

 

“Yongsun? Really? Do you even know if she plays?” Moonbyul said laughing.

 

“Hey, you said I can have a partner, and I chose Yongsun.” Seulgi shrugged ‘innocently’.

 

Yongsun finally got to the two, Seulgi whispered something into Yongsun’s ear. Moonbyul was a little irked by the action. The two quickly got into position and they started playing. Once they finish the check Seulgi immediately threw the ball to Yongsun who rushed to a distance to try to shoot a basket. Moonbyul was close enough to take the ball from Yongsun, but something inside her was telling her not to grab the ball and just let Yongsun try to score. Yongsun got the ball into the hoop.

 

“Ha, I scored a point.” Yongsun smiled as she started doing a silly victory dance.

 

Moonbyul couldn’t stop herself from smiling. “Yeah yeah you scored on me. What dance are you even doing?” She laughed.

 

“I don’t know,” Yongsun said as she spun her hands in a circular motion.

 

Once the bell rang, the game was done with Yongsun and Seulgi as the winners. Moonbyul didn't mind. As the three walked back to grab their backpacks. Once Seulgi was on Moonbyul's side, she whispered in Moonbyul’s ear.

 

“You’re so whipped for Yongsun. It's like you're in love her or something” Seulgi quickly ran to Irene and Wendy and waved goodbye as the three left.

 

Moonbyul in love with Yongsun? Maybe, but she wouldn't let the older girl know. 

 

"Come On Moonbyul. We don't want to be late for class." Yongsun yelled as she showed off her beautiful smile.

 

But Whipped? For sure. Moonbyul thought to herself as she quickly tried to catch up to Yongsun. She was still carrying Yongsun's backpack, after all.