Chapter 6: Under The Mistletoe

Being In Love

“Woah. This place is huge!” Wheein exclaimed, looking at the mansion in Infront of them.

 

“Yeah, that’s why there’s always parties here,” Moonbyul said as the four girls walked up to the front door.

 

“How many times have you come here to party?” Yongsun questioned.

 

“Too many to count, but I’ve stopped a while ago.”

 

Yongsun wondered if Moonbyul stopped because of her. The two have been hanging out a lot ever since they’ve talked which evolved into Yongsun getting a crush on the Junior.

 

Once they reached the door, Moonbyul rang the doorbell.

 

“Even the doorbell sound screams rich,” Hyejin said.

 

Moonbyul nodded. “Yes, it does. And Yongsun why did you bring something I told you not to.”

 

Yongsun knew Moonbyul told her to not bring anything, but Yongsun felt bad if she came to a host’s house without giving them anything. She doesn’t know anything about Yeri, but who doesn’t like a cute bear plushie?

 

“I know, but I wanted to be nice.”

 

Moonbyul raised her eyebrow. “What did you even get her? I thought you guys never talked?”

 

“We don’t, but no one can resist a cute bear plushie.” Yongsun gave her a goofy grin.

 

Moonbyul rolled her eyes playfully. What is she gonna do with Yongsun? The four waited for about three minutes until the door swung open.

 

“Oh, hey guys what’s up?” Yeri smiled, then she quickly turned her head inside. “Hey everyone, Moonbyul and her friends are here.”

 

Loud cheering could be heard after that.

 

Yeri turned back and realized the gift Yongsun as holding at pointed to it. “Is that for me?”

 

“O-Oh y-yeah. Umm… h-here.” Yongsun extended her hands for Yeri to take.

 

Yeri smiled and bounced her eyebrows at Moonbyul, who glared at her in return. “Thank you Yongsun.” She then took the gift and moved to the side. “Come on in you guys.”

 

The girls went inside and the three, excluding Moonbyul, dropped their jaws. As soon as you enter the mansion, a large staircase leading both upstairs and downstairs was shown on the left side and a large living room with a fireplace was shown on the right side. A 20-foot-tall Christmas tree stood tall in the middle of the living room.

 

“Look who decided to come hang out with the cool kids again,” Minhyuk said. Moonbyul rolled her eyes.

 

Seulgi walked towards the group, waving. “Hey, Moonbyul. Hey, Moonbyul’s friends.”

 

“Hey, Seulgi and Minhyuk.” Moonbyul waved back. “Where do we set our jackets?”

 

“You can leave them on the coat rack over there or the closet next to it,” Minhyuk answered.

 

The four-set their jackets in the closet. Once they did, Hyejin and Wheein left immediately looking for something to eat, leaving their two friends behind. Moonbyul brought Yongsun her as she went to talk with her party friends, which included Jin, Bomi, Minhyuk, Seulgi, Sandeul, Amber, and Wendy. Moonbyul, along with Seulgi and Wendy, introduced their shy senior friends to each other. Placing them next to each other so they can talk to each other, but being close and to their friends to feel somewhat comfortable around each other. Irene and Yongsun got along well and soon her other friend, Bomi, included her senior friend, Chorong, to the two, and Moonbyul felt relieved to know Yongsun was making friends. It was also an added bonus to know that they were seniors, just like Yong.

 

“Earth to Moonbyul.” Sandeul waved his hands in Infront of Moonbyul.

 

“She’s too busy checking out her girlfriend to see your hands.” Jin teased.

 

Moonbyul heard what Jin said and glared at him with a blush on her face. He raised his hands in surrender, causing the group to laugh. She looked to her side to find Yongsun immersed in her conversation with Irene and Chorong to not notice what Jin had said and sighed in relief. She was going to kill Jin the next time they hang out with each other. 

 

“Don't say such silly things, especially in front of someone.”

 

“I was just saying what we were all thinking.” Moonbyul glared at Jin, causing the man to drink his cup of water to avoid his silver-haired friend's death glare.

 

Moonbyul groaned as her blush grew. Everyone can see Moonbyul’s crush on Yongsun except Yongsun herself, and it made Moonbyul feel guilty that she had a crush on her. The two only had been friends for a couple of months and the senior was already making her feel things that she once felt. She shook her head, trying to brush the past away before it ruined this fun night. The group then went back to talking about something else. The group either giggled or rolled their eyes when they saw Moonbyul staring back at Yongsun and wondered how the senior couldn't see their friend staring right at her. With them being close to each other and all.

 

 

Hyejin and Wheein finally finished eating most of the food on the table. The two thought they could never go back to the cafeteria food after this day. Hyejin tapped her belly. “Man, rich people food is soooooo goood.”

 

“Agreed,” Wheein said as she repeated the same action as her best friend.

 

The two sat and talked about how their other two friends were doing and heard someone from God knows where screamed, “If anyone is leaving through the backdoor, remember to watch out for the mistletoe!”

 

As those words hit their ears, the two both looked at each other with mischievous smiles on their faces. Time to cause some mischief. The two quickly got up and looked for their targets. As they spotted Moonbyul and were not surprised to see that Yongsun standing right next to her.

 

“Ready for the plan?” Wheein asked.

 

Hyejin nodded with a devilish smirk. “Always ready.”

 

The two quickly discussed their plan and walked towards their two unsuspecting prey to execute it. The two jumped into Moonbyul's friend group.

 

“Hey everyone,” Hyejin said as she cut off whatever Seulgi was about to say. “Does anyone want to do a snowball fight?”

 

“Sure, why not?” Jin said.

 

“Seems fun, I’m in,” Bomi said next.

 

Everyone else except Moonbyul nodded in agreement. She felt like their two junior friends were up to no good.

 

Moonbyul squinted her eyes at Hyejin. "Why?"

 

"Oh, come on, Byul. Does there really have to be an explanation for fun?" Wheein said with a not so convincing smile.

 

Moonbyul wasn't buying it at all but agreed to it in the end. If Yongsun was going to tag along, then she might as well come with to make sure the older girl was having fun at her first party. The whole group followed Hyejin and Wheein to the backyard, with Yongsun and Moonbyul in the front of the group as the two juniors wanted them in the front for some odd reason. Once they were close to the door, Yongsun thought she heard Wheein say sorry before she was shoved. She closed her eyes waiting for the impact of hitting the ground, but she felt arms wrapped around her and turned her head to find soft brown eyes filled with worry staring right at her.

 

“What the hell, Wheein. What was that for? Yongsun almost got hurt.” Moonbyul said agitatedly.

 

“I knew you would catch her,” Wheein answered nervously. “And look who’s underneath the mistletoe?”

 

The two looked above them and were shocked to see that they were indeed underneath the mistletoe. All their friends were ooing. The junior lightly pushed Yongsun off and looked down, blushing.

 

“We don’t have to do that. It’s just some dumb decoration that-.”

 

Moonbyul froze and immediately became silent when she felt something softly touching the right side of her cheek and quickly looked up at Yongsun. "That’s for saving me and this–" She pecked Moonbyul’s other cheek. "This is because of the mistletoe." Yongsun blushed lightly, looking away.

 

Moonbyul.exe has stopped working. She was blushing furiously and everyone that saw the whole thing laughed, ooed or awed, but Moonbyul couldn’t hear them. She was too busy looking at the woman in front of her. Her heart was pounding like it was gonna pop right out of her heart any minute. Yongsun kissed her… on the cheek. On both of her cheeks.

 

. What are you doing to me, Yong?

 

Moonbyul became quiet the entire time, and Yongsun worried if she did something wrong. Moonbyul dropped off Wheein and Hyejin off first and when she got to Yongsun’s house, she stopped the car and looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry if I made you think I hated it.”

 

“What?”

 

“The-the kiss. I-I didn’t hate. It was, it was nice.” Moonbyul smiled lightly.

 

“oh, y-yeah. You know the tradition.” Yongsun sheepishly smiled as she shrugged.

 

Moonbyul hugged Yongsun. Yongsun froze from the sudden touch but was able to hug back and breathed in Moonbyul’s scent. If winter had a scent, that would be the junior’s scent right about now. She heard laughing.

 

“Are you sniffing me?”

 

“Maybe…”

 

Moonbyul chuckled a little longer before she kissed the top of Yongsun’s head and let go of the hug quickly. “Th-that was for the mistletoe.” Moonbyul looked away, blushing.

 

It was Yongsun’s turn to laugh. “Okay.” Yongsun smiled warmly. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Yongsun opened the door.

 

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.”

 

Yongsun closed the door and Moonbyul slammed her head onto her wheel, making sure she didn’t hit the horn. Moonbyul and Yongsun weren’t able to sleep that night.